SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 18 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kimmel -  The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 18 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by timfan Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:37 pm

Well she had to take someone to the final 2 and nobody knows what kind of pressure tptb put on you unless you have been through it. Kaitlyn could not win for trying if she brought ben h to final 2 she would be blamed for hurting him also. I wonder if nick was the next bachelor and he had to string some girl to f2 that would be ok because it is nick jmo
timfan
timfan

Back to top Go down

Kimmel -  The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 18 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by MiaHawk Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:45 pm

remockered wrote:Milwaukee radio The Mix 99.1 interviewed Leslie this mornong, who said she was not impressed by Nick and told her daughter that after meeting Shawn.  However, I think this only further solidified Kaitlyn's decision, which I think was already made in San Antonio.

Leslie was the nail in Nick's coffin. IMO. If Leslie didn't like the guy, there was NO way that K was going to choose him.

Leslie disliked Nick enough to tell him to his face that her opinion of him was that he was a jealous and possessive person (all based on his edit/tv appearances. She had never met him in real life before) Seriously, who does that? Especially when your daughter, whom you love and respect for her own bold choices, obviously has strong feelings for the guy. It would be difficult for any potential SIL to overcome that sort of horrible 'first impression', IMO.

Leslie created a mood and a tension with Nick that lead him to cry during his conversation with her. He was freaked out by her and her dislike of him, and really wanted her to give him a chance (and then a few minutes later wanted her blessing, laugh out loud). He was nervous, being criticized, and trying so hard in that moment for her to see the real him. It was never going to happen. He was pre-judged because of his edit and because of his bold willingness to stand up for himself (re Andi). Aren't those two things (edit & boldness to defend one's choices) the exact same two things that have created such a rough road (SM-wise and people judging her) for K? It's just so ironic to me.

If Leslie had never met Shawn at MTP would she have solely judged him by his edit? And what 'first impression' would that have been?

ETA: And WHY would Leslie (on the day after the finale) NEED to state on a radio show that she was not impressed by Nick? Why? What purpose does that serve? Seriously? Did she not think that he handled himself at the FRC with grace under pressure? Did she not see that Nick was gracious and congratulatory towards S/K on ATFR? What did he do to possibly deserve another put down? I really think that K and her M suffer from the same condition--that is to build up S by tearing down N and saying things without really thinking about the consequences. JMO

Last edited by MiaHawk on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by sissyintexas Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:48 pm

What is SWNSNBS?

sissyintexas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:51 pm

bleuberry wrote:I hate to agree with RS, but... 

Could I understand his frustration when she was talking to him after stopping his proposal? Absolutely. Did I feel bad for the guy? Yes and no. Yes in the fact that no break up is ever fun. Ever. It just isn’t. And a break up on national television is that much worse. However, I say no because this is a show. He knew going in what this show is capable of and what could possibly happen to him. He just went through this a year ago. The second you sign on the dotted line (especially for a second time), you are at the mercy of the producers. You have no say in anything. They will tell the story they want to tell no matter how badly it might trample on somebody’s feelings or emotions. Nick was this season’s victim, plain and simple. Sure, he can ask Kaitlyn all he wants afterwards, “Well why didn’t you just spare me the embarrassment,” or “Why just not let me go early,” etc. I’m here to tell you it’s because that’s not a decision for her to make. Of course she rambled on and gave him some convoluted answer that he still probably doesn’t understand, but the real answer, the one that she couldn’t say, is “the producer’s made me.” Absolutely, 100% that speech by Nick and almost proposal was supposed to happen and Kaitlyn couldn’t do anything about it. I don’t think Kaitlyn is a mean, vindictive person, and yes, she obviously cared about Nick. So no one that cares about someone else would put them through that unless they were forced to. You are a pawn in their game. I guarantee she didn’t want to hear Nick make that speech and almost propose, but she had no choice. She just couldn’t tell him that on the ATFR.

I do actually agree with RS, for the most part. I feel that way about every single person that goes on this show. Having said that...I felt bad for Des when she was dumped by Brooks. You can make the same arguments for her - she knew what she was signing up for, this was her second rodeo, she knew what producers were capable of, etc. It still sucked to see her so heartbroken and emotionally fragile. That's how I see things with Nick. Yeah, he put himself into this situation, but it was still hard to see his heart broken after seeing him so giddy with Niel Lane and bearing his heart to Kaitlyn.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:56 pm

remockered wrote:Milwaukee radio The Mix 99.1 interviewed Leslie this mornong, who said she was not impressed by Nick and told her daughter that after meeting Shawn.  However, I think this only further solidified Kaitlyn's decision, which I think was already made in San Antonio.

IMO, Leslie showed a complete lack of class by making a statement like that. Why pour salt in the wound? What does that accomplish at this point?
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:06 pm

eirekay wrote:

IMO, Leslie showed a complete lack of class by making a statement like that.  Why pour salt in the wound?  What does that accomplish at this point?

We think alike. (I edited me previous post to add my thoughts on this, too).

To me, this whole season came down to K picking somebody who was at the same level of class as herself. I think there are many ways to say what I think of K and S, and many of those descriptions are not necessarily flattering. I'm not trying to be rude, so I will just say that K and S share a similar attitude/appreciation of things/perspective on things that can be perceived (by me and some others, but not everyone) as being less classy than, say, Ben H, Ben Z, Jared, Nick, etc etc. I think that your 'classiness' is probably instilled in you throughout your childhood....Monkey see, monkey do. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree...you get what I mean.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:12 pm

eirekay wrote:

IMO, Leslie showed a complete lack of class by making a statement like that.  Why pour salt in the wound?  What does that accomplish at this point?

If anyone has seen Leslie on periscope....um, how do I put this nicely? She's basically an older Kaitlyn. Notice I didn't say "grown-up". She's ditzy, cares way too much about strangers' opinions, and treats her daughter like a 7 y/o.

And, I'm pretty sure they WERE impressed by Nick in that moment since she was in tears when he talked about marrying Kaitlyn and her sister said that "if Shawn is half the man that Nick is...". Just rewriting history, as usual.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:17 pm

They Leslie K and S remind me of wanting to be the popular one in high school. They go with what they think is the popular answer rather than thinking logically and forming their own opinions.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:22 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:They Leslie K and S remind me of wanting to be the popular one in high school. They go with what they think is the popular answer rather than thinking logically and forming their own opinions.

clapping! thumbsup
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:30 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I hate to agree with RS, but... 

Could I understand his frustration when she was talking to him after stopping his proposal? Absolutely. Did I feel bad for the guy? Yes and no. Yes in the fact that no break up is ever fun. Ever. It just isn’t. And a break up on national television is that much worse. However, I say no because this is a show. He knew going in what this show is capable of and what could possibly happen to him. He just went through this a year ago. The second you sign on the dotted line (especially for a second time), you are at the mercy of the producers. You have no say in anything. They will tell the story they want to tell no matter how badly it might trample on somebody’s feelings or emotions. Nick was this season’s victim, plain and simple. Sure, he can ask Kaitlyn all he wants afterwards, “Well why didn’t you just spare me the embarrassment,” or “Why just not let me go early,” etc. I’m here to tell you it’s because that’s not a decision for her to make. Of course she rambled on and gave him some convoluted answer that he still probably doesn’t understand, but the real answer, the one that she couldn’t say, is “the producer’s made me.” Absolutely, 100% that speech by Nick and almost proposal was supposed to happen and Kaitlyn couldn’t do anything about it. I don’t think Kaitlyn is a mean, vindictive person, and yes, she obviously cared about Nick. So no one that cares about someone else would put them through that unless they were forced to. You are a pawn in their game. I guarantee she didn’t want to hear Nick make that speech and almost propose, but she had no choice. She just couldn’t tell him that on the ATFR.

I do actually agree with RS, for the most part.  I feel that way about every single person that goes on this show. Having said that...I felt bad for Des when she was dumped by Brooks. You can make the same arguments for her - she knew what she was signing up for, this was her second rodeo, she knew what producers were capable of, etc. It still sucked to see her so heartbroken and emotionally fragile. That's how I see things with Nick. Yeah, he put himself into this situation, but it was still hard to see his heart broken after seeing him so giddy with Niel Lane and bearing his heart to Kaitlyn.

Thats exactly the thing. He isn't the first or last person to have their heart 'broken' on the show. Nick is a smart guy. I have no doubt he knows (by now) how much manipulation and string-pulling goes on behind the scenes, and that if producers want him there on the last day, he's going to be there. He's either more naive than I thought or is just using the victim schtick.

Kimmel -  The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 18 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:35 pm

I didn't feel like he was acting like he was the first person to get his heart broken. He seemed to be pretty over it. You could tell he was a bit pissed about the fact that she told him that she loved him over and over again (which she admitted at the proposal), but I think that WAS rare. Most leads only say ILY to the F1.

I also feel like most people are pretty self-absorbed in the moment that they get dumped. Des cried like someone had died when Brooks dumped her, rather than a guy she went on 3-4 dates had dumped her. Ben acted like Ashley H had murdered his family by the way he went after her when she said no. Don't get me started on Deanna and Brad. People who go on this show are self-absorbed, by nature.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:52 pm

I'm just glad it's over. Kimmel -  The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 18 1710264613

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+69
leselihau
ironcat
Newto
Sprite
LoveDovez
dw_a_mom
nuts2uiam
beader
GypsySarah
Emilia23_12
sbolduc