SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 17 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kimmel -  The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 17 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by happygolucky Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Does that mean ... if one gets the pass, so should the other? ...
But beware of the area of observation and on what grounds.

Oh well, it usually goes like this "I have a valid reasons, while yours are deceptive and not right."
Even though, one was "texting" and the other was "drawing hearts". Yup ... all for making a point that "one is better than the other".

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Kimmel -  The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 17 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Spoil Me Again Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:01 pm

MiaHawk wrote:Some random thoughts:

1) CH hyped this finale as "refreshing", right? (In the same way they hyped Ben F's finale as "most real" when he 'stormed off')...I actually think it was refreshing in that it showed a man who had fallen in (bubble) love far enough to bring him to the brink of proposing, and but once he was given the red light from K, Nick was able to compose himself quickly enough to speak some eloquent truths. I give him :alltens: for how he described the difference between 'in the moment love' vs 'true love'. Most refreshing thing I think I've EVER heard on this show.

2) The ring toss...First off, I would probably have done the same or worse. I assume he (gently) tossed the ring box over to his handler who was sitting across from him. You know, the one who is grilling him for a reaction and trying to get him to do something crazy good on film? The one who has been pretending to care about him on a show that has pretended to care about him? Nick stated that he was the world's biggest joke. I don't think he feels that way about himself. He is pretty comfortable in his own skin, IMO. What he was actually saying was that the show had succeeded in portraying him as a joke. The rose colored glasses were finally off. Hence why he said in People mag that he'd never return to this show ever again.

3) Nose-gate...Shawn definitely had some work done. Which is fine. If you want to tweek something for your own self esteem, go for it. He looks good. However, I just find the timing strange. If his nose bothered him so much (on a day to day basis in life) why wouldn't he want to get it fixed prior to going on the show? So, why get it done now?  What I believe to have happened is that he read SM comments and criticisms of his looks/nose and started to feel insecure about it, enough so to have work done. Either watching himself on tv made him dissatisfied with his nose or the SM comments made him dissatisfied with his nose. My guess is that thin-skinned Shawn was swayed by SM. And, IMO, that doesn't score him any points from me.

4) JK appearance...Wedding dress shopping segment: showed how snarky humor and cyber bullying can be easily confused. You make a snarky comment on SM about a stranger to other strangers, and without the benefit of the doubt and without context, it comes across as too harsh. I realize certain SM comments that K received were absolutely OTT (like the ones read on MTA) but the vast majority of SM comments (like the ones on this board) are snarky. So either, don't read them at all, K, or take them with a grain of salt.

5) Speaking of snarky...Shawn joking about K making out with Joe and Kaitlyn on JK naming the 'love making dogs' Clint and JJ....Shawn's Joe comment=snarky, but Kaitlyn's Clint/JJ comment=bullying especially since She KNOWS that Clint & JJ were edited strangely and have received their fair share of SM crap AND she KNOWS from MTA that Clint is not enjoying it. To me, that is KNOWLY throwing someone under the bus, aka bullying. That I was disappointed in seeing. Just confirms my belief that K will live in the moment and use anyone in the moment for her gain (laughter or lust). It is a sign of immaturity, and inconsideration, IMO.

6) MTP sank Nick...Found it very interesting that Leslie had such a negative opinion of Nick. 'Jealous, possessive'? (not even sure what she is referring to, personally) She got to 'know' him only through tv and media, so she judged him solely on his edit and his ATFR fiasco, IMO. Then, once she spoke to him, she got to see the real Nick, but it wasn't enough to erase all of the pre-conceived notions, IMO. When Leslie said about Shawn "that's a man", it was THE lightbulb moment for me. She said it, I believe, about Shawn's supposed willingness to forgive Kaitlyn's mistakes/shortcomings (ie that K slept with N). This contrasted with how Nick questioned (some say s*** shamed) Andi on last season's ATFR. Leslie wants "a man" for Kaitlyn, someone who will allow her her follies and frivolities, and who will suck it up and quietly suffer it. I was struck by how much Leslie appears to be a grown up version of K. I was also struck by how much K's dad reminded me of N and her stepdad reminded me of S. I found that telling. IMO

7) Really happy with how the board behaved last night. Regardless of our differing opinions, we kept it classy.

Hi Mia! Bravo to all you said
Spoil Me Again
Spoil Me Again

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:10 pm

lexforlife wrote:The Shawn and Nick segment was stupid- Boo CH, tptb, boo.
CH and his questions to Nick all ATFR were ridiculous ... he kept trying and trying to get Nick to blab out the "secret" (not the sex part) ... and his facial expressions were just risible. Like he actually cared ... when the first thing the next day he would run Nick over if he would dare to say more than he did. Chris Manson is jarring, JMO.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:27 pm

I hate to agree with RS, but... 

Could I understand his frustration when she was talking to him after stopping his proposal? Absolutely. Did I feel bad for the guy? Yes and no. Yes in the fact that no break up is ever fun. Ever. It just isn’t. And a break up on national television is that much worse. However, I say no because this is a show. He knew going in what this show is capable of and what could possibly happen to him. He just went through this a year ago. The second you sign on the dotted line (especially for a second time), you are at the mercy of the producers. You have no say in anything. They will tell the story they want to tell no matter how badly it might trample on somebody’s feelings or emotions. Nick was this season’s victim, plain and simple. Sure, he can ask Kaitlyn all he wants afterwards, “Well why didn’t you just spare me the embarrassment,” or “Why just not let me go early,” etc. I’m here to tell you it’s because that’s not a decision for her to make. Of course she rambled on and gave him some convoluted answer that he still probably doesn’t understand, but the real answer, the one that she couldn’t say, is “the producer’s made me.” Absolutely, 100% that speech by Nick and almost proposal was supposed to happen and Kaitlyn couldn’t do anything about it. I don’t think Kaitlyn is a mean, vindictive person, and yes, she obviously cared about Nick. So no one that cares about someone else would put them through that unless they were forced to. You are a pawn in their game. I guarantee she didn’t want to hear Nick make that speech and almost propose, but she had no choice. She just couldn’t tell him that on the ATFR.

Kimmel -  The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 17 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:38 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:CMIIW he didn't acknowledge that he had preconceived notions, he basically answered the question and justified why he didn't like Nick. It was because he got a bad feeling, things were being said in the house, didn't want to mention names, but something was not right.

Yeah, all good reason why not to like someone.  Rolling Eyes In the same breath he says there were a lot of things they didn't show of him, so now he looks like one big jealous guy.

Exactly!  Shawn didn't directly say he had "preconceived notions."  But that is what he was implying, he said it was based on what was seen on the show during Andi's season, and what others had said based on that.  He never once said that maybe his rush to judgment was wrong, and more or less justified his behavior.  Then later Shawn went on to say how wrong his portayal on the show was.   If he believes Nick's edit was accurate, then he also has to believe his is as well.

rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:02 pm

Maggenzm wrote:
SueSt wrote:
OnePromise wrote:I was so proud of Nick tonight.  He did an excellent job of expressing himself in a calm, clear manner.  He handled all the things that CH tried to throw at him.  Two things stood out to me about the episode.

1.) His "greater than a moment" comment at the FRC.  I do believe that Kaitlyn loved Nick, but what he was trying to point out was that she did not share the same type of love for him that he had for her.  She had love for him in the moment... It was obviously fleeting. Contrastingly, he had love for her "greater than a moment"... Love to last a lifetime.  Kudos to Nick for stating that fact in such a succinct and poetic way!

2.) At the ATFR, Nick stated that she took something from him.  IMO, he was referring to the fact that she allowed him to propose.  He can not take those words back or un-say them.  She took that away from him.  I totally understand this way of thinking as a he basically told her that he was hers if she would have him.  He basically proposed without saying the last few words.  And she should have stopped him as soon as he arrived at the mansion.  It would have been the kind thing to do for her so called friend Nick.

OP,
I LOVE you, seriously.  But I'm surprised.  Weren't you the one suggesting a proposal would help Nick find closure.  What made you change your mind??

I am not a Nick fan, but I also though a proposal will bring him closure, and I think it did, bcs he didn't look beaten like he was last time, he looked more peaceful. Also, I think in time, when all settles, he is going to realize that K gave it a lot of though and cared (not IL, but loved) for him more than Andi did, "I never loved you". So, in all honesty, N earned my respect this season (last year, not so), and I think the Nick fans should start a movement "Nick for the bachelor"!!
I really believe being a contestant was never a good platform for N, his love redar is really off just like it was with Des, so having many contestants to chose from will give him an opportunity to adjust his love redar, in the end, he will know the "one". IMO, he will really do well as a lead, he is a successful 34 years old who is ready for marriage. So, come on yall, Nick for the bachelor!!!! And, yes, I am still a Shawn fan!

I was trying to find a way to justify how Kaitlyn could allow Nick to propose when she knew he wasn't going to choose him.  Maybe she thought that allowing him to fully flesh out his thoughts would provide him with better closure.  But, I can obviously see that she wasn't thinking that deeply about it.  Or I feel like she would have given him that answer at the ATFR.  

I was hoping that Kaitlyn would have a better reason than... "I probably should have done it a different way..."  I was hoping that Kaitlyn was a more compassionate, thoughtful person than she actually is.  Sorry to say it, but she did act completely selfish in the end.  And disregarded whatever feelings of "love" and respect she might have had for Nick.  I really wanted to believe more of Kaitlyn, but I just have not seen enough to back it up with her recent actions and words. It really pains me as I like Kaitlyn.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by remockered Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:09 pm

Milwaukee radio The Mix 99.1 interviewed Leslie this mornong, who said she was not impressed by Nick and told her daughter that after meeting Shawn. However, I think this only further solidified Kaitlyn's decision, which I think was already made in San Antonio.
remockered
remockered

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Wonder how long until K, tires of being called 'the girl'?? Rolling Eyes
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:13 pm

Beagle wrote:
umngirl wrote:Tossing the rings was ridiculous and very much something a child would do when they didn't get their way. I was just waiting for him to take off his mic and toss that too. Or if he was gonna toss them, go full out and toss them out the window. It would have been fitting for him.

I believe we have SCs of Kaitlyn throwing the pictures of Clint from their date into the fire and that was only after one date with no deep emotional investment. Kaitlyn led Nick on emotionally and physically throughout the entire show, all this while they were having discussions about letting him go if she wasn't feeling it. I thought he behaved extremely civilized under the circumstances.

The ring was a symbol of his relationship with Kaitlyn... It stood for the promise of friendship, love and loyalty between them.  Kaitlyn broke the promise of all three with her decision to allow Nick to go through his whole speech and then tell him her heart was with another man.  He felt betrayed.  He was betrayed.  

If I were Nick, I would have wanted that ring off my finger as fast as possible too.  There was no immaturity or signs of a temper tantrum here for me.  Just raw, genuine emotions.  He is allowed to express his disappointment in the betrayal.  His actions spoke louder than words to me in this... The ring toss.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:23 pm

bleuberry wrote:I hate to agree with RS, but... 

Could I understand his frustration when she was talking to him after stopping his proposal? Absolutely. Did I feel bad for the guy? Yes and no. Yes in the fact that no break up is ever fun. Ever. It just isn’t. And a break up on national television is that much worse. However, I say no because this is a show. He knew going in what this show is capable of and what could possibly happen to him. He just went through this a year ago. The second you sign on the dotted line (especially for a second time), you are at the mercy of the producers. You have no say in anything. They will tell the story they want to tell no matter how badly it might trample on somebody’s feelings or emotions. Nick was this season’s victim, plain and simple. Sure, he can ask Kaitlyn all he wants afterwards, “Well why didn’t you just spare me the embarrassment,” or “Why just not let me go early,” etc. I’m here to tell you it’s because that’s not a decision for her to make. Of course she rambled on and gave him some convoluted answer that he still probably doesn’t understand, but the real answer, the one that she couldn’t say, is “the producer’s made me.” Absolutely, 100% that speech by Nick and almost proposal was supposed to happen and Kaitlyn couldn’t do anything about it. I don’t think Kaitlyn is a mean, vindictive person, and yes, she obviously cared about Nick. So no one that cares about someone else would put them through that unless they were forced to. You are a pawn in their game. I guarantee she didn’t want to hear Nick make that speech and almost propose, but she had no choice. She just couldn’t tell him that on the ATFR.

Although interesting, I can't agree with RS here because I am of the opinion (as I would think Nick is as well, which is why he even asked the questions) that Kaityn had the choice. She could have stood up to the producers and said, "No". It is as simple as that. "No" and stand your ground.

The point is that she caved because of fear of embarrassment or lack of caring or whatever. But she wasn't the strong, confident girl to stand up for Nick in the end. She just did not remain consistent in her ability to stand up for what was right by Nick. She dropped the ball, IMO. She lost her way, however you want to say it... Kaitlyn did not stand up for what would have been right for Nick in the end. And you can't say she did not know what was right for Nick... He told her very clearly... As soon as you know I'm not the one, send me home. This is my main disappointment in Kaitlyn this season. She held her ground all the way until the finish line and then fumbled, big time.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:28 pm

remockered wrote:Milwaukee radio The Mix 99.1 interviewed Leslie this mornong, who said she was not impressed by Nick and told her daughter that after meeting Shawn.  However, I think this only further solidified Kaitlyn's decision, which I think was already made in San Antonio.

If her decision was made then why did she say "it really took me all this time to make a decision." So either she is a liar, or a really good actress.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:30 pm

And I honestly think if she had said 'no,' they would have laughed and said 'too bad.' She doesn't get to call those shots IMO.

Maybe they agreed not to let him get down on one knee, hence her giving her spiel after his and breaking the news to him. I think in the end it was actually better for Nick that he was allowed to pour his heart out first, seeing the response to it last night and today.

Kimmel -  The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 17 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - FRC - ATFR- July 27th - Thread#3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+69
leselihau
ironcat
Newto
Sprite
LoveDovez
dw_a_mom
nuts2uiam
beader
GypsySarah
Emilia23_12
sbolduc