SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - #10 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 18 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - #10 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 18 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - #10 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:21 am

Did not watch her on Jimmy kimmel seems she kiss Owen Wilson for fun. Was this shown? yikes I read at MailonLine

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - #10 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 18 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - #10 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lucas15 Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:21 am

happygolucky wrote:the sad part is ... she, as the Kardashian-likes, are not adding any value to this society ... apart from maybe arguably we can say that high-society of Kardashiand-look-alikes are creating jobs for their servants.

But that's sort of exactly the point. Charity work - which seems to directly add value to society - doesn't create wealth - it takes wealth from one source that created it and applies that wealth to something else that's of value. Wealth is created by taking natural resources, adding labor and technology to transform them into something that's worth more that the sum of the cost of the resources and the transformation cost. That wealth is only then available to enhance society.

Promoting products allows product creators to sell more products at perhaps a higher price (because they are perceived as having greater value) and creates greater wealth which benefits society. It's not just the creation of jobs for servants - it's creation of manufacturing jobs and distribution jobs and sales jobs and education jobs and those things that help all of us put food on the table to feed our families. In a small way we here are all a part of this - the banner ads on this site generate revenue for someone and we are helping their employees to feed their families - and perhaps do charity work.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:54 am

Lucas15 wrote:
rosesrREd wrote:The constant need to bring up Nick means one thing, Shawn isn't over the Nick and Kait sex. That will eventually prove to be the demise of their relationship.

I really can't remember any time where Shawn brought up Nick - the only time that Nick comes up is when someone asks either of them about him. From what I've seen the "constant need" to bring up Nick isn't coming from Shawn or Kaitlyn - it's coming from the interviewers / fans / posters.
JMHO

It is. There is evidence it is... from their OWN personal SM which they control and which they choose to talk about Nick. Shawn has initiated even in interviews where Nick is not even part of the question and he has mentioned Nick's name more than once. It's in the threads (the evidence of such).

I am personally tired of:
1. "TPTB made Shawn and Kaitlyn" do such and such.
2. Interviewers/Fans/Posters making Shawn and Kaitlyn do such and such.

Rolling Eyes  no  hmmm

If this is the case... then these two are literally zombies and are the Walking Dead themselves with no brains and are controlled by everyone but themselves.

It is absolutely ridiculous, imo how a lack of accountability exists with these two and how this is used as some sort of defense/justification for their own actions. So unless they really are zombies or mind controlled aliens, logic tells me they are choosing what to say on their own personal social media accounts and what they respond to just like anyone else.

JMHOAA
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:02 am

isittrue wrote:Wow, I wonder if everyone would have been this interested in pulling up all Kait's unsavory past if she had picked Nick... I try not to judge these people and think everyone deserves a second chance.  If I don't like someone, why follow what they do? *edit*

*edit*

No need to wonder, because we all have the right to post our opinions on any contestant we want. Many of us sleuthed K before she was even known to be a confirmed contestant. Many conversations for many years after a ATFR evolve around comparing the hard work of sleuthers pre season to what we see on our screen post s how.

isittrue wrote:
My point was it probably would not be rehashed if she had chose Nick.  I realized it was sleuthed before but I do believe, if FRC had ended with Nick winning the girl, I really don't think anyone would bring it up so as to not taint the relationship.  

I will stick to the fan forum for now on.

No one taint's the relationship other than the couple themselves. JMHO

Lucas15 wrote:
I really can't remember any time where Shawn brought up Nick - the only time that Nick comes up is when someone asks either of them about him. From what I've seen the "constant need" to bring up Nick isn't coming from Shawn or Kaitlyn - it's coming from the interviewers / fans / posters. "We're" the ones who can't get over it.
JMHO

Technically that may be correct, if you look at it that way, but does that mean he has the right to be so rude just because someone else brought it up. He has the right to say on periscope "How can anyone be team Nick" just because someone else brought up Nick's name. During live interviews with a smug smile on his face he shoot's down the F2, not once but many times. How about being gracious focusing on "the girl" that you won. I don't ever recall a F1 behave this way towards a F2, TB or The ette. In some cases, they are all long time friends and in Des's case attended her wedding.

Yes everyone is bringing up Nick's name. Why aren't they asking more personal questions, what's next, where are you going to live, what are your plans. They spend a total of 10 seconds on those questions and the topic of Nick usually gets the spotlight once again.

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71486

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:05 am

Lucas15 wrote:
rosesrREd wrote:The constant need to bring up Nick means one thing, Shawn isn't over the Nick and Kait sex. That will eventually prove to be the demise of their relationship.

I really can't remember any time where Shawn brought up Nick - the only time that Nick comes up is when someone asks either of them about him. From what I've seen the "constant need" to bring up Nick isn't coming from Shawn or Kaitlyn - it's coming from the interviewers / fans / posters. "We're" the ones who can't get over it.
JMHO

sdmom wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:
MissB wrote:In the AOL interview, She said what she will miss the most is free booze. Embarressed!  

and Shawn said "Nick".

Here are some pics of the happy couple celebrating Tuesday night.  Suspect

Starpulse
And this part:
AOL BUILDVerified account
‏@AOLBUILD

"Free alcohol" - @KaitlynBristowe "Nick" - @Shawn_Booth on what they'll miss about being on @TheBachelorette.

Bring this from K S general thread. Why answer Nick when no one brought it up? Maybe it's funny to some, but not me.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:39 am

GuardianAngel wrote:Technically that may be correct, if you look at it that way,

That technicality was the entire point of my post though - in response to an opinion that Shawn keeps bringing up Nick which I disagree with because in all the interviews I've seen it wasn't Shawn who brought up the subject, it was the interviewer who did. One of Shawn's best answers to that was along the lines of "this happened 3 months ago and we are so over it"

but does that mean he has the right to be so rude just because someone else brought it up

I think we work very hard here to ensure that everyone has the right to their opinion and has the right to express it, and I think we do a darn good job at protecting that right. Some of the opinions expressed here are rude as well - sometimes rude to Nick and sometimes rude to Shawn and / or Kaitlyn. I don't know why Shawn shouldn't be given the same right to express his opinion that we so rigorously protect here. Shawn clearly doesn't like Nick - and Nick clearly doesn't like Shawn. They both have the right to say that.

Why aren't they asking more personal questions, what's next, where are you going to live, what are your plans. They spend a total of 10 seconds on those questions and the topic of Nick usually gets the spotlight once again.

Actually in the last couple of days there have been a lot more questions like those and a lot fewer questions are about Nick - this is very obvious in Periscope which runs in real time. Questions about Nick came up in interviews as frequently as they did not because of Kaitlyn or Shawn but because that was the story line the show focused on - the epic confrontation between Shawn and Nick (which at least by Shawn's estimation was only about 3% of his total time during filming - it's just that was what they showed us as opposed to the other 97%). I totally understand why the question was asked so often - all media outlets want to attract readers / viewers with drama and that was the drama. The other stuff while more pertinent to the personal lives of the couple aren't dramatic and headline.grabbing.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:46 am

Lucas15 wrote:

JMHO

word

I agree K&S's comments about Nick haven't been kind are not classy, are immature and unnecessary.

But .... Nick has been mentioned probably in 1% of all the post show talking they've done when he's been brought up to them by others.  So just to state the facts vs opinions - they are not constantly brining up Nick. Or spending their time attacking him.  They've made a couple snarky off hand remarks when asked about him.  That's it.    If he's home watching their 30 minute rambling periscopes to see if they take 5 seconds of that to comment on him I feel sorry for him.  But I don't think he is.  He seems very far from their minds and I would hope the same is true for him.  

And Since all opinions are allowed - mine is other people's worlds do not revolve around Nick.  The media coverage did not revolve around Nick and he did not overshadow K&S.  He had a couple interviews, the couple  were on popular talk shows, magazine covers and all over the media this week.    I don't see Nick as anything that special or having lasting star power or being anything other that a well known former cast member of this silly reality franchise who has some fans like most other former contestants do.  I have no interest in talking about him anymore but all the discussion here revolves around him so on this board it's hard to put the subject of Nick to rest if one wants to participate.  But outside of here, I don't think he's dominating the pop culture discourse or is such a unique individual that people just an't stop talking about him.  JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:49 am

Per Lucas15
I think we work very hard here to ensure that everyone has the right to their opinion and has the right to express it, and I think we do a darn good job at protecting that right. Some of the opinions expressed here are rude as well - sometimes rude to Nick and sometimes rude to Shawn and / or Kaitlyn. I don't know why Shawn shouldn't be given the same right to express his opinion that we so rigorously protect here. Shawn clearly doesn't like Nick - and Nick clearly doesn't like Shawn. They both have the right to say that.

One of the main themes of our forum is it is ok to discuss both positive and/or negative, glowing and fawning or snark and rude opinions regarding the topic at hand.
It is not ok to do the same regarding our members or "people here". This is a hard fast rule. We do not feed on our own.
Per the bolded. Any cast person, celeb etc has a right to express their opinion. Whether it reflects well on them is for anyone to interpret.
When I see a celeb going public with snark, criticism etc regarding someone else--it is kind of like me publicly snarking on a member here. It doesn't wash well with me. This is simply my opinion. There is enough to talk about in life without feeding on my own.
So can they do it, yeah. Should they do it? IDK...probably not.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:00 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:Technically that may be correct, if you look at it that way,

That technicality was the entire point of my post though - in response to an opinion that Shawn keeps bringing up Nick which I disagree with because in all the interviews I've seen it wasn't Shawn who brought up the subject, it was the interviewer who did.

There is evidence in the threads contrary to this. One such one is a video of Shawn for AOL Build and when asked what he will miss about TB he said Nick. The interviewer did not bring up Nick, Shawn did.

Furthermore, on K's personal periscope she has chosen to pay attention to questions about Nick and so has Shawn and he brings up Nick.

These are just two of the most recent examples where Shawn has talked about Nick without someone asking him about Nick.

The "We" that discusses Nick includes Shawn and Kaitlyn, it does not exclude them.

It is that very same "we" that overshadows S&K and the fact that they choose to focus on him at all in their Periscoping proves he obviously matters and that Shawn was talking nonsense when he said to Nick on the show that after the show he won't talk/think about Nick ever again, that he doesn't even enter his brain or on the radar. His own words prove otherwise.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:12 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:

That technicality was the entire point of my post though - in response to an opinion that Shawn keeps bringing up Nick which I disagree with because in all the interviews I've seen it wasn't Shawn who brought up the subject, it was the interviewer who did.

There is evidence in the threads contrary to this. One such one is a video of Shawn for AOL Build and when asked what he will miss about TB he said Nick. The interviewer did not bring up Nick, Shawn did.

Furthermore, on K's personal periscope she has chosen to pay attention to questions about Nick and so has Shawn and he brings up Nick.

These are just two of the most recent examples where Shawn has talked about Nick without someone asking him about Nick.

The "We" that discusses Nick includes Shawn and Kaitlyn, it does not exclude them.

It is that very same "we" that overshadows S&K and the fact that they choose to focus on him at all in their Periscoping proves he obviously matters and that Shawn was talking nonsense when he said to Nick on the show that after the show he won't talk/think about Nick ever again, that he doesn't even enter his brain or on the radar. His own words prove otherwise.

Your right, Shawn did say that but in jest IMO. The rest of the answer was that his cell phone because he actually enjoyed not having his phone for that period of time. Should he have said that, I don't know, probably not. The questioner (a young woman in the audience) laughed hard, not cringed. IMHO I don't think Shawn said that to be mean, I think he was trying to be funny (as Kaitlyn said to him at the time "you think your so funny") Shawn is new at this game of interviewing and may need to think before he speaks going forward instead of so much off the cuff.
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:18 pm

Of course in (insert whatever reason that is fitting).
That is not the point.
The point is that Shawn initiated bringing up Nick's name.
This coming from the guy who said he wouldn't even think about Nick after the show.

Actions not matching words.
Shawn has another thing in common with Kaitlyn.
Perhaps it takes one to know one.

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Yeah, the fact that Nick was the first thing that popped into his mind, when asked about what he misses from the show, just shows that Nick is always on top of his mind.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - #10 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+69
rhondam
maniluh
terabithia
gurlbrit
LenaActually
Relalou
california90
lleyki
timfan
nikikass
Lillie525