SELECT CONTENT

BIP Season 2 - Samantha Steffen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bip - BIP Season 2 - Samantha Steffen  - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: BIP Season 2 - Samantha Steffen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Maddy Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:43 pm

bip - BIP Season 2 - Samantha Steffen  - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 11363818_1625287721060537_145485710_n
samanthasteffen_ #felonyFoshooo #bachelorinparadise #bip #bachelornation
text: 'do whatever it takes to get a rose.' Translation: You seem like a nice person, maybe we will meet. #outofcontext
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

bip - BIP Season 2 - Samantha Steffen  - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: BIP Season 2 - Samantha Steffen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:08 pm

Maddy wrote:bip - BIP Season 2 - Samantha Steffen  - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 11363818_1625287721060537_145485710_n
samanthasteffen_ #felonyFoshooo  #bachelorinparadise #bip #bachelornation
text: 'do whatever it takes to get a rose.' Translation: You seem like a nice person, maybe we will meet. #outofcontext

is dat from her IG? I dont see it on twitter.

I can see how it could be taken #outofcontext since it's so HARD to SEXT with one hand. bip - BIP Season 2 - Samantha Steffen  - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 2498057887

#undertheJoeSpell

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:16 pm

The lady doth protest too much, methinks...

I don't think she is just a sheep who has been painted black... Her "oh-crap" look when she caught the cameras after coldly brushing J off was very telling, IMO.
For the record, I know zilch about this girl, but I always thought that her zillion SM selfies(and lets not even talk about her clothing line) came off a bit condescending and narcisstic. Can't say she is proving me wrong much as of now, but I guess we will see...

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:21 pm

bip - BIP Season 2 - Samantha Steffen  - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 11820706_679942335483114_1120435034_n
nazperez who's watching sam + joe's photoshoot date on #BachelorInParadise?
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:23 pm

seton wrote:is dat from her IG? I dont see it on twitter.

Yes, it is from her IG.
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:47 pm

Sharleen Joynt on Bachelor in Paradise: Episode 6
 The plot thickens! Based on the previews we had a hunch Samantha might not be the most sympathetic character to ever grace this show, but it was hard to predict just how poorly she would behave.

Thanks to Tanner, my favorite ITM commentator, we know Samantha allegedly told Joe via text message to do “whatever it takes” to still be there when she arrived. I’m keeping an open mind here and assuming she said that innocently enough. After all, it’s not like Samantha knew what relationships would have formed, nor that Juelia, her good friend with whom she’s vacationed, would turn out to be the stomping ground. It’s safe to say she didn’t know the extent to which Joe deceived Juelia, the way he made “bitches” out of Mikey and Jonathan, both of whom stood in his way, and the frightening ease with which he’s capable of lying to just about anyone. However, my case against Samantha rests entirely on her behaviour in Paradise. Let me explain…

With Juelia sitting her down to give the hard truth about Joe, what bothered me just as much as the lack of trust (in what screwy world would it make sense to have Joe there, who we know by now carries conversations much like a steamroller?) was Samantha’s condescension. Her putting her hand on Juelia’s knee and saying, “I love you to death but I deserve [to hear] what he says” sent me over the edge. (Have I ever fully expressed my disdain for women who say they “love you to death” as a preamble, to be followed by “BUT”? Ugh, just be authentic, please!) Juelia said, “I just know that it went from zero to hero in no time flat, and then back to zero,” correctly insinuating that the very same thing could feasibly happen to Samantha. The correct response from Samantha, no matter how confident she felt in her relationship with Joe, should be empathy and some sort of self-reflection. What kind of a girlfriend wouldn’t respond with some variation on, “I can’t believe he did that to you,” or, “I’m so sorry that happened”? You could tell Samantha didn’t even take Juelia seriously, interrupting her patronizingly: “I’m just so beyond… Like, I can’t even tell you how good I feel in that situation. I’m just on cloud nine.” Translation: “I love you to death but what you’re saying doesn’t apply to me.” Way to act unsympathetic, dismissive, and superior in one fell swoop, Samantha.

Furthermore, in Samantha’s interviews, she was careful to state she and Joe hadn’t known each other beforehand and that there was “zero plotting.” But for all her caution, in an interview she still called Juelia “silly” for “calling Joe out for her feeling they had more than what was really there.” Whatever happened to Sisters before Misters, Sam?

I must emphasize, my concern isn’t with whether or not Joe and Samantha were in cahoots before Paradise. It’s safe to say they were, but really, if their actions while on the show were respectable, it wouldn’t matter. As I said yesterday, the Bachelor alum world is all interconnected; I actually doubt they were the only two to speak beforehand. But my beef is with Samantha’s behaviour, as a friend, on the show.

At this point Joe can be chalked up to being a manipulative, hyper-defensive, remorseless doofus. But Samantha’s careful, calculated demeanour is what gives me the heebie-jeebies. Joe doesn’t care what people think, but Samantha does. Case in point, her Twitter feed is full of damage control tweets in which she doesn’t take any responsibility for her actions. She didn’t know the extent of the drama, she says. Maybe next time, listen to your girlfriend as she tries to tell you about it.
http://www.flare.com/celebrity/sharleen-joynt-on-bachelor-in-paradise-episode-6-2/

Yes, Samantha doesn’t take any responsibility for her actions! no no no
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:07 am

Yeah, it's hypocritical of her to expect any of us to hear her out when she, herself, refused to hear Juelia out. no no

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:47 am

She didn't care for anybody and I don't respect that! no no
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:03 am

Wow Sharleen is once again calling it like she sees it ...and coming to same conclusion as rest of us.

This will eventually blow over for her but just another case ... Imo ... of a contestant thinking they can use this franchise for their own gain and instead it totally backfires.

Will be interesting to see this all unfold. What a train wreck!!
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Here4TheWrongReasons Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:08 am

avoice wrote:I think we need to keep an open mind as not all may be what it seems. For example... I checked both her and Joe's twitter and they both deny the sex thing. .He said she is classy. She said she wouldn't do it with family watching. That tells me that the producers and editors spliced and diced moments out of context to make it paper what it did. She was defended on twitter by friends who know her better than we do and a friend who watched with her and said she was in tears watching how it was all portrayed. The producers are evil. If she is a nice person I hope the remaining episodes redeem.

Good thinking.  Sam's so brimming with integrity that I'm sure we can all trust her to be honest, no matter what (and Joe too, for that matter).  I'm sure neither of them would ever try to lie for personal gain, to mislead others or to improve their public images.  So if they denied it, I'm sure they wouldn't even think of being less-than-honest, so we can trust them completely.

***edited***
***edited***  How do you edit a normal conversation to include "I just had an interview and lied through my teeth.  I told them that we had never talked before the show - I told them you tried to contact me, but I said it wasn't appropriate and refused to talk to you.  Make sure your version of the story correlates with mine so our lies match." [slight paraphrase]?  How could a normal, innocuous conversation be cut-and-twisted by the editing and producers to come out like that in one seamless conversation stream?  

Unless Sam and Joe got a pretty hefty "play the villain fee" from the producers (and that might bring up an union issue - incidentally, has anyone ever checked to see if any of the villains and wackjobs who appear on the show are SAG members?  That would likely confirm the completely scripted nature of certain contestants' actions), I have to think that they made some pretty dumb mistakes by being so blatantly dishonest and forgetting about the cameras.  That sort of behavior has got to come back and bite them in the arse - who would want an insurance agent who is a blatant liar?

I honestly have to think that much of what Joe was saying was scripted.  He's an aggressive, assertive, A-type personality who manipulates people and seems to know a fair amount about social psychology and at least projects the image of someone who has dated a lot and knows women.  He would certainly know that someone like Samantha, who comes from money, is into image, and has dated at least one celebrity, would meet most of the stereotypes for the "hot, b*tchy type."  He would know that such women are highly attracted to overabundant confidence in a man and would know that any sort of comments like the several he made both to her and to the camera about her being "out of my league" would be outright dumb comments to make because they would be turn-offs.  Honestly, a guy with a Machiavellian streak in him like Joe would be much more likely to treat a woman like Sam more arrogantly than deferentially, knowing that it would be the more likely strategy for her to respect and thus like him. ***edited*** I think he's also a pretty handsome guy with rugged, masculine looks and I'm sure Joe knows that and doesn't have a naturally self-deprecating bone in his body when it comes to his appearance.

Here4TheWrongReasons

Back to top Go down

Post by beachdog1 Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:00 pm

Scripted.

beachdog1

Female Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:06 pm

chloep wrote:The lady doth protest too much, methinks...

I don't think she is just a sheep who has been painted black... Her "oh-crap" look when she caught the cameras after coldly brushing J off was very telling, IMO.
For the record, I know zilch about this girl, but I always thought that her zillion SM selfies(and lets not even talk about her clothing line) came off a bit condescending and narcisstic. Can't say she is proving me wrong much as of now, but I guess we will see...
I think that girls who look like her are probably used to playing guys. I don't think for a minute she actually wanted to date Joe IRL, I think she just wanted him there to ensure she would get a rose, and thus screentime and exposure for her fashion line. I think she knew that if she dumped Joe, none of the other guys would give her a rose and she would be gone. 

I watched becca, Ashley I, and MM's periscopes/recaps and they all gushed about what a sweet and kind person she is. The thing is 3 months ago, Julia would have said the same thing; she's nice until you get in her way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

BIP Season 2 - Samantha Steffen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+32
Newto
Sprite
california90
dw_a_mom
Seabear