SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Page 71 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

nashville - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 71 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by isittrue Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:39 pm

Sprite wrote:
rhondam wrote:I think that Kaitlyn believes that what they are currently doing (public appearances, endorcements, etc) are jobs. I say this because a couple of photos, probably snapchat, have her in front of her computer and she captions them "working". Jmo

Those aren't going to last for ever. I actually think that this turn about to more charitable endeavours is an attempt to clean up their image and improve those opportunities. I am such a cynic.

I dunno... They discussed the homeless charity during one of their post-ATFR interviews so I believe it has been in the works for some time and Shawn apparently has participated in Movember in the past. I believe them to be sincere with these and at least they are doing something charitable.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

nashville - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 71 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:05 pm

It's like quoting bible quotes then behaving like a mean girl. I give anyone credit who participates in charity events. There are so many that need the assistance.

That isn't the only thing that defines someone. It's what they do the rest of their time that makes me form an opinion. Using SM to get donations is wonderful, OTOH being drunk and snapping about it, not once but many times doesn't make it ok just because they are involved in two separate charity events at the moment. For me, and my opinion, they are very immature and classless in public.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71522

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:54 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:It's like quoting bible quotes then behaving like a mean girl. I give anyone credit who participates in charity events. There are so many that need the assistance.

That isn't the only thing that defines someone. It's what they do the rest of their time that makes me form an opinion. Using SM to get donations is wonderful, OTOH being drunk and snapping about it, not once but many times doesn't make it ok just because they are involved in two separate charity events at the moment. For me, and my opinion, they are very immature and classless in public.

Yes, this is it exactly. I have a feeling they hired a PR firm. They have gotten a lot of criticism for their behaviour post show and that is one of the reasons I believe they are missing out on the kind of opportunities others from this franchise have gotten. Positive spin if you will.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:14 am

I don't think anyone was suggesting that they're changed people. A few charity events (two?) are just that. I dunno, I'm not seeing the big shift or new found direction. I expect them to use their celebrity for the odd event here and there. This has sort of become the franchise norm right?

nashville - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 71 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:45 am

^ I think they've calmed it down a lot in the past 2-3 weeks with the SM display of sloppy drunkiness imo. And their snaps, for the most part, appear to be more "cute" and lovey-dovey which is obviously a lot more fun for their fans to see. 

In regards to a PR/marketing firm—they do have one—it is Kaitlyn's that she's had ever since she was done filming Chris Soules' season and she was in the running for 'Ette. It is her friends' company based in Vancouver—Booje Media and they added Shawn as a client as well ever since he went to Van after her season aired. It is my opinion that they've been trying to help them all long but it's only been recently that they finally got Kaitlyn to "hear" them regarding the importance of hers and Shawn's public image. All jmo. 

I really do believe Kaitlyn loves Shawn and he loves her. My only current issue with this couple that I really dislike is when she is openly unappreciative of her fans/followers and acts braggy or talks down to them on SM about hers and Shawn's perks and opportunities. This I see less and less. All Jmhoaa.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:01 am

rhondam wrote:^ I think they've calmed it down a lot in the past 2-3 weeks with the SM display of sloppy drunkiness imo. And their snaps, for the most part, appear to be more "cute" and lovey-dovey which is obviously a lot more fun for their fans to see. 

In regards to a PR/marketing firm—they do have one—it is Kaitlyn's that she's had ever since she was done filming Chris Soules' season and she was in the running for 'Ette. It is her friends' company based in Vancouver—Booje Media and they added Shawn as a client as well ever since he went to Van after her season aired. It is my opinion that they've been trying to help them all long but it's only been recently that they finally got Kaitlyn to "hear" them regarding the importance of hers and Shawn's public image. All jmo. 

I really do believe Kaitlyn loves Shawn and he loves her. My only current issue with this couple that I really dislike is when she is openly unappreciative of her fans/followers and acts braggy or talks down to them on SM about hers and Shawn's perks and opportunities. This I see less and less. All Jmhoaa.

Regarding the bolded...I suspect that you are spot on. The problem in this instance with Kaitlyn in particular, and others in the franchise like her, is they like to get their own way. They are used to getting what they want. When they want. How they want. They don't seem to like to listen to constructive criticism because they think they know best. They may listen for a bit here and there, but then they revert to type because it is just too difficult to not do what they want. She is such an in the moment person, that she doesn't seem to think of possible consequences...or care about them. It will be interesting for me to see if she/they continue to try to improve their image or revert back to the party couple. Do they listen and learn, or just give the critics the proverbial finger? Cynic that I am, I suspect the latter.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:18 am

^ True, true. TWT. I hope she figures it out. I wish them good luck.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:00 am

I guess for me, one of the reason I like them so much especially after the last few seasons is that they are not image conscious at all. Obviously this means some stuff they do isn't politically correct or planned out to make sure it doesn't bother any subset of people watching their life or scripted to show them in a certain light.

But I think it's great that they are who they are and aren't desperately trying to project some image of being who they want people to see or worse who they think the public wants them to be.

They are genuine in being who they are and they genuinely fell in love on the show and we got to see them do it. And they're loving life together, enjoying the lucky position they're in. i couldn't ask for more of a couple from this show personally. Hope it happens again with Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:12 am

IMO the partying gets old and boring. May have taken them a little longer than expected to realize it. giggling I read somewhere that they're making Nashville home. I think they're slowly settling into normal vs PR. Hopefully jobs are next laugh out loud.

nashville - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 71 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:25 am

I think there's a way to be yourself and still understand that you are a public figure so being somewhat image conscious is actually a smart thing. At the very least they can choose what things they share with the general public via their social media.

Now if only they would learn that spending time apart on occasion is a good thing. I'm still fascinated that they can't do anything apart from each other.

nashville - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 71 87b72b10 nashville - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 71 86669110 nashville - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 71 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:27 am

relaxing wrote:I guess for me, one of the reason I like them so much especially after the last few seasons is that they are not image conscious at all.  Obviously this means some stuff they do isn't politically correct or planned out to make sure it doesn't bother any subset of people watching their life or scripted to show them in a certain light.

But I think it's great that they are who they are and aren't desperately trying to project some image of being who they want people to see or worse who they think the public wants them to be.

They are genuine in being who they are and they genuinely fell in love on the show and we got to see them do it.  And they're loving life together, enjoying the lucky position they're in.  i couldn't ask for more of a couple from this show personally. Hope it happens again with Ben.

What I see in them us very different from you, especially Kaitlyn.
I think she is very conscious of what people see her, she wants to be that "cool chic", wants to be seen as the carefree free spirit who is funny and goofy. But heck, she really is not that person, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:31 am

The thing is I'm not sure it's the best idea to go through life with a DGAF attitude and not being at least somewhat image conscious. I'm sure many here have jobs they could be fired from if they posted drunken Snapchats and Periscopes like Kaitlyn and Shawn have. Sometimes you do have to be "fake" in life and that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm sure most of us employ manners and etiquette and not so much because we really want to. Unless you have absolutely no emotions whatsoever, every one of us cares on some level what other people think of us.

With that said, I'm glad they've cooled it on some of their less classy SM habits and have gotten involved in charitable efforts. It doesn't really matter to me what their reason is for it.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

+66
LenaActually
eliza3
MiniDiva
kimberlyg
nikikass