SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 56 of 79 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fall - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 56 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:36 pm

Who are the model/Tv girls though?? It's been said many times that most women that go on reality tv have done/do modeling. And who cares if these girls have been on TV... all of them have been on tv by appearing on this show. They're one in the same.

Back to top Go down

fall - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 56 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:39 pm

southern_girl wrote:I would like to go on record saying I wish he would have been more interested in some of the brunettes (who kept their color) that he had.  Some of those girls looked very natural, pretty, normal, and down to earth.  Instead he has a group of mostly blond model/TV star girls.  I hope to be proven wrong by Ben once we watch the show and get to know the girls.

Yeah, I agree on all counts.

I also understand what people are saying about this just being a dating experiment and that it shouldn't really matter who the lead picks as long as they find their match...but let's be real. If that was the case, people wouldn't look back at seasons like Ben F and Jake's with such distaste. People tend to enjoy the show more when the F1 is likable and I don't think it makes anyone crazy to want Ben's F1 to be likable.

(jmo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:42 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
southern_girl wrote:I would like to go on record saying I wish he would have been more interested in some of the brunettes (who kept their color) that he had.  Some of those girls looked very natural, pretty, normal, and down to earth.  Instead he has a group of mostly blond model/TV star girls.  I hope to be proven wrong by Ben once we watch the show and get to know the girls.

I also understand what people are saying about this just being a dating experiment and that it shouldn't really matter who the lead picks as long as they find their match...but let's be real. If that was the case, people wouldn't look back at seasons like Ben F and Jake's with such distaste. People tend to enjoy the show more when the F1 is likable and I don't think it makes anyone crazy to want Ben's F1 to be likable.

(jmo)
Oh yeah, I agree with this. But I don't agree with judging the girls and calling the season a fluke when it hasn't even finished filming, it hasn't aired yet, and we don't much about the contestants at this point. I also don't agree with the model/reality tv cop out, for the reasons I stated above.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:43 pm

I was super irked with blonde to brunette ratio but Ben's choices are only as good as the girls they gave him. Out of the brunettes we know of, Rachel is the only one I am bummed about. Jen is gorgeous but she runs a blog for a living. ICU said several times Ben didn't want that. 3 of the final 6 have college degrees and a career.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:59 pm

IMO It really doesn't matter to me if their are blonde brunette or redhead. Actually I don't think I ever paid attention to that before. scratch

If the lead prefers brunettes, then what's wrong with the lead keeping all the brunettes. Same goes for blondes. I personally am not attracted to fair haired guys. I may think they are good looking (Richie Bach'ette Aussie F3) humble and a  good sense of humour which are all the qualities I like in a guy, but a dark haired guy is more the type I'm "attracted" to.

Not everyone is going to like the F1. I don't recall that ever happening in all my years of sleuthing. IMO as long as the lead truly falls in love, that's more than we can ask for. IMO it has nothing to do with blonde's or stereotyping them as automatic fame wannabe models. It's so easy to judge and put that label on every one of them. We really don't know that to be the case. RS can and does say that about everyone. Do these girls actually say I'm going to apply so I can be famous, and tells RS exactly that?

If I was that age, I'd for sure try to get on a season for the fun of it. Not necessarily because I want to be famous. I think most of them go on the show for that reason. To have fun and spend time with TB.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:11 am

GuardianAngel wrote:IMO It really doesn't matter to me if their are blonde brunette or redhead. Actually I don't think I ever paid attention to that before. scratch

If the lead prefers brunettes, then what's wrong with the lead keeping all the brunettes. Same goes for blondes. I personally am not attracted to fair haired guys. I may think they are good looking (Richie Bach'ette Aussie F3) humble and a  good sense of humour which are all the qualities I like in a guy, but a dark haired guy is more the type I'm "attracted" to.

Not everyone is going to like the F1. I don't recall that ever happening in all my years of sleuthing. IMO as long as the lead truly falls in love, that's more than we can ask for. IMO it has nothing to do with blonde's or stereotyping them as automatic fame wannabe models. It's so easy to judge and put that label on every one of them. We really don't know that to be the case. RS can and does say that about everyone. Do these girls actually say I'm going to apply so I can be famous, and tells RS exactly that?

If I was that age, I'd for sure try to get on a season for the fun of it. Not necessarily because I want to be famous. I think most of them go on the show for that reason. To have fun and spend time with TB.

If I change the highlighted sentence to "To have fun and spend time with TV."  ITA. cantstopl rofl
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:14 am

Just my two cents:

1. I think that there's a difference between being well-liked and being universally-liked. I think we can all agree that F1s like Chris S, JP, Ryan, and Catherine were more well-liked that F1s like Courtney or Vienna.

2. Until we actually see these girls in motion, a lot of judgment is going to made on superficial things. I'm not arguing that it's not unfair, but it's going to happen. People do make first impressions on things like looks and TV/modeling experience all the time. We see cases, like Jade, where preconceived notions turn out to be completely wrong. And, then, we see many, many cases where preconceived turn out to be right on the money. At this point, I think that I (and maybe others) had thought we would see Ben with women like Rachel or Lauren H - girl next door-types without TV backgrounds. Instead, every single girl left has TV, modeling, or Bachelor background. I think it's okay to disappointed, for example, that Ben went with a cocktail waitresses over kindergarten teacher. It's just a first impression and it doesn't mean that opinions can't change along the way.

3. RS hasn't called any of the current contestants out for wanting to be famous, except maybe Becca.

(IMO)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:19 am

chasingpavements wrote:

(jmo)
Ok--since I said it, I will be real. 
I know you know I will, too. :Nod:
I don't look back at Ben F or Jakes season with distaste. I don't know how that message came through. Honestly, from my pov the seasons are all pretty much the same. They are all dating experiments. In fact the 2 seasons quoted above had many entertaining episodes for me because they were so ridiculous.  
So I guess I don't fall into your generalization. 
It's a generalization to say people enjoy x, y and z. That is an untruth, imo to say "people tend to"_______. Which people are these?  Sally Jones might enjoy x, y and z. Betty Smith might not like any of them. Patsy might like X, O and W. 
Everyone here has a different opinion, as they should. 
Ratings were great for Prince Farming, yet we don't see a big fan following for him. Same with Kaitlyn's season ratings and her fan following. 
I don't know how it can be measured what the audience really likes.
I can promise that tasted great coming out of my mouth.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:21 am

^^^ Rs implied caila

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:27 am

nd4reality wrote:^^^ Rs implied  caila

Did he?

10. Caila Quinn: 23, Wellesley Hills, MA. Graduated from Boston College Carroll School of Management in 2014 with a B.A. in Marketing. Here’s a brief bio from her back in college. More pictures of her at the always popular, “Are You Hot or Not” website.

Twitter – @cailalauren (de-activated as of 10/19)
Instagram – cailalauren (de-activated as of 10/19)
Pinterest – cailaquinn

Here’s an old video from 7 years with her friend where they talk about what guys need to do to impress girls. Oh thank you, 16 year old, Caila. You were so wise beyond your years. Assume this video will get pulled shortly as well:

And, Kasha, you know I love you being real! I didn't even watch Jake and Ben's seasons, so I probably shouldn't even talk! I'm just basing that off of what I heard, but you're right. I'm sure there are some hardcore Jake/Vienna fans out there, waiting for them to find their way back to each other. People have all different tastes. I guess the phrase I should use is "seemingly well-liked".

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:45 am

I have to say I've never paid attention or cared what hair color any contestant had on the show...male or female.  Everyone has different tastes so each ones opinions or preferences will be different, that's what makes the world go round.  Sure be boring if we all liked the same things and looked identical.  Plus, its hair... it can be changed - cut, dyed, shaved, etc.  Having seen a few family and friends go threw cancer, chemo and radiation... I tend to go with whatever one likes and wants to do to it...do it.  It'll always grow back.  

And as a natural blonde (who does not fit the typical dumb blonde stereotype, at least in my own opinion Hugesmile ), I feel like I need to use the hiding under the chair or the lurking behind the sofa emoji (don't think we have either anymore) when I see the hair color discussion going on and on...
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:25 am

Well crap my PSL's are both gone, thanks Ben! ;( laugh out loud Well glad I don't have to worry about "shipping" a F1 couple this time! but I do hope it works out for him whomever it may be, please not Becca!!

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  fall - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 56 1f49c

fall - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 56 8367-910 fall - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 56 I_got_13 fall - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 56 E5kqdm15 fall - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 56 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11973

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 79 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+82
Mirzam
Maddy
mysthelma
Dog&pheonix
Amethyst