SELECT CONTENT

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 28 of 48 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 38 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SafyresChristmasWish - Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 28 Empty Re: Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:41 am

Seems like Olivia is a female Nick, who got over confident at times, got a bad edit and then is hated by half of the audience.

But obviously some in the house still like him/her, those who lived with them 24x7 know what kind of person they are. I think, both of them are not bad person, they just don't bother to make friends with others contestants, that's all.

Back to top Go down

SafyresChristmasWish - Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 28 Empty Re: Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:46 am

I never hate any of the contestants or think they're "villains" or anything like that. I usually love every person in the cast. It's all just so entertaining. Lace and Olivia are amazing tv. It's perfect. I love it and I love them! I feel bad for those naiive individuals (which is most of the viewing audience) that take the edits and show and people so seriously. To the extent where they hate the said person, thinks they're crazy/evil, wants them off the show cause "they're not there for the right reasons" and blah blah blah. People don't realize that this is a scripted (pretty much) show.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:57 am

peggy0221 wrote:Seems like Olivia is a female Nick, who got over confident at times, got a bad edit and then is hated by half of the audience.

But obviously some in the house still like him/her, those who lived with them 24x7 know what kind of person they are. I think, both of them are not bad person, they just don't bother to make friends with others contestants, that's all.

I don't see Olivia as another Nick... I see her as more of a Britt (in edit, but worse, imo, since she comes across mean and Britt wasn't). Olivia's crazy facial antics (that mouth!!) for one thing as well as not even getting to F2 solidifies that for me.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:17 am

Olivia is playing her character for the cameras, it' s pretty comic to me, but there is certainly a mean girl vibe to her which I did not see with Britt.

Her facial expressions and the open mouth is hilarious and makes for great tv tho.

Last edited by mysthelma on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  SafyresChristmasWish - Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 28 1f49b  SafyresChristmasWish - Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 28 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:42 am

IA that Olivia is more the mean girl (Britt wasn't). It just feels so forced and fake, Olivia's whole "role" - something which is becoming more obvious, imo to even first time watchers. When even first-time watchers can recognize producer manipulation and Olivia hamming it up for the cameras it's a sign to me that this show is getting a bit stale.

I think UnReal the TV show that many have watched this past year is playing a big role in how viewers are viewing TB. Because Olivia and most of the other girls are coming across as obvious MOT people. It's getting boring, imo, and it's probably why I prefer seeing a love story because the drama is too obviously fake/going no where and people can see that Ben won't end up with Olivia or any of the other girls who are just there to fit a "role".
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:39 am

That girl's use of the word "dude" 3 or 4 times made me cringe, and made me definitely not take that "plea" seriously. Yea "dude", Elan will get right on it!!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:29 pm

I think there are certain people whose humility goes out the window when they seem to be "winning", and Olivia (along with Courtney, Nick, Vienna, Britt, and others I can't think of at the moment) seems to fall into that category.  Also, in her case, after getting the FIR and the first GDR, and being selected, cough, "scientifically", cough, most compatible with Ben, not being given a solo date probably confused her and made her freak out (obviously the producers' intent), and act even more "antisocial" than she already had been acting.  Even though she was my pre-season fave (and I still love that she abhors bad grammar; maybe hearing so much of it during filming drove her crazy?, laugh out loud), I can't just excuse her behavior and subsequent bad edit because I have always said that the producers don't randomly choose who will be the villain, but use what you give them (and then some!).  But I would like to see/hear what the other women really thought of her before I write her off.  I don't believe everyone who gets this kind of "villain" edit is also exactly the same in real life.  They just share the propensity to be an ungracious winner, with egging on from the producers of course.  How much was required in each case may have varied.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:48 pm

The problem with her friend's "open letter" is that she's acting like they spun a wheel and randomly selected a completely innocent Olivia to be the villain. They absolutely manipulate the edit and take things out of context, but what separates the "snarky, funny cool girl" edit (eg Kaitlyn, Kelly) from the "bitchy villain" edit (Courtney) is how she's perceived by the girls. If Olivia wasn't disliked by the women as we've seen in episode 2 and the season preview, then she probably would be getting the "quirky but likeable" edit. The fact of the matter is, we've already seen Olivia say things that have made the women dislike her. I can only imagine that it gets worse as it builds to her demise. IMO, Lauren, Joelle and Olivia were his top 3 (they're the only ones he really seems to be into) so for Olivia to go home at F9 means that it goes beyond editing and has to do with her actual behaviour during filming.

I just have to roll my eyes when the family and friends come out of the woodwork to defend whoever's getting the villain edit and blatantly ignore how that person perpetrates the edit themselves. Like, come on. You know how this show works at this point. Interrupting when you already have a rose, mimicking Courtney's "winning" catchphrase, making statements like "I didn't come here to make friends" (as we see her say to one of the women in the season preview)... you're practically handing them your edit on a silver platter. I just struggle to feel sympathy when they know what kind of behaviour earns the villain edit, yet they do it anyway and somehow think they're exempt from it.

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:40 pm

I can accept the description as "weird" and I don't necessarily consider being "different" or "unique" (words I prefer to weird) to be a bad thing, as long as the being different isn't like boiling rabbits or something similar. Hugesmile

But "introverted'???????????? Not the aggressive, seemingly bold and outgoing personality I've seen on my TV screen so far, imo.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:59 pm

Olivia Caridi ‏@OliviaCaridi · Jan 16
Wahoo! The #OliviasMouth nation at University of South Carolina is growing!
SafyresChristmasWish - Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 28 CY357KfWUAAgPBR
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:26 pm

^ Is that her in front on the right?
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:53 am

Has anyone nicknamed her "Oblivia" yet?  It's almost too easy. no no

PS Her grammar isn't that good either. Oh, Oblivia, you disappoint me. no

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 48 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 38 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+62
Beach Lover
kimberlyg
jen689
sparkler
Ariela