SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by FLChica Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:27 am

Rolly wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:If I were to guess, I think those DWTS pap videos of Chris/Whitney probable turned a lot of people against him. He just came off as so disrespectful, rude, and uncaring in those.

I don't really care that he went on and on about wanting a wife, but ended up like everyone else who wanted fame. I've come to expect that and I actually do believe he wanted to find love but the girls he actually wanted (Britt, Jade, and Becca) just didn't work out for some reason or another. I think he picked Whitney b/c he genuinely admired her and probably wanted to fall for someone like her, but that doesn't excuse his post-filming behavior.

(jmo)

I don't understand this. If Chris wanted Britt, Jade or Becca he could have picked them. He sent Britt and Jade away, that was his choice not theirs. And if he wanted Becca he could have picked her and just not proposed but dated her. I'm sure that there was pressure from TPTB for a proposal but so what, it was still his choice.

I liked Chris before and during the show. I didn't like how he treated Whit after the show during and after DWTS. Whit was willing to give up a lot for that relationship and I don't think he was. She is better off without him. I love his family and feel bad for them that it didn't work out.
Exactly. There is always pressure from TPTB - every single season - for a proposal. It's the premise of the show; nothing new. 

Chris had no intention of marrying any of the contestants. He could have proposed to any one of them and fulfilled his duty, whether they accepted his proposal or not. DWTS would have been his regardless. A heartbroken Bach whose proposal was rejected would be ratings gold for DWTS! 

Kaitlyn got her own show and the man of her dreams. Sweet Jade found her love on BIP. Whitney is still living her normal life with a few, fun perks on the side. Becca is still chasing stardom on another Bach show. And Chris... he's still single & prolonging his 15 minutes of fame into 20 minutes. Everyone wins. Hugesmile
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by Rolly Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:33 am

Chris is a grown azz man. He made his choices and now has to live with the consequences. I think he has lost a lot of credibility...at least with me he has. I feel like with the whole DWTS stint I was played and my votes for him were because I liked them as a couple. I defended him and made excuses for him. Whit is so much better off without him so it is good for her in the end. And he is alone trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame, just where he deserves to be. I don't hate him I just don't like him much and he is disappointing.

I do however wish I could get back all my DWTS votes. hmmm
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:16 am

I wouldn't put Chris in the same category as someone like Jake Pavelka, because Chris actually has a successful and lucrative livelihood which he will continue to pursue once the media opportunities dry up, and I don't think he will start desperately chasing whatever he can scrape up when that happens, even things that will humiliate him, like Jake did (remember that show where he had to confront people who hated him? Rolling Eyes ).  I just suspect that his farm life is actually pretty boring and isolated, and all of a sudden, he becomes a celebrity, and people are fawning over him, and paying him to take a break from his dull life and do interesting things, so he's going for it, and I guess with his family's approval?  Could the exposure possibly help his business?  I could be wrong, but he doesn't seem to me to be enough of an idiot to do something that would harm his family's business, all in the name of famewhoring.  I've never been a fan, but I don't revile the guy either.  I do like Whitney though, and wonder what really happened there, I know there's been a lot of speculation, but have there been any factual details about what caused the split (other than the usual "turns out they weren't compatible")?  And are they still on good terms, or has Whitney given any indication that she is/was upset, disrespected or heartbroken by his actions?  Just curious.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:49 pm

The reasons behind the split have been kept pretty hush hush, although I think most of their fellow Bach alumni knew this wasn't the real deal.

My theory is,  these two were never mutually "in love" and Whitney was much more into him than he was into her.  Chris never felt "it" with any of the girls but he wanted to live up to the image of being the "most genuine Bachelor", so he succumbed to the pressures and proposed to the smart choice, Whitney.  She wanted to make it work with him so she went along with the charade, maybe hoping that post filming he would actually fall in love with her. She played the supportive fiance and enjoyed the attention and perks she was getting as well, but his DWTS gig and new love of fame caused  a lot of tension between them. After playing second fiddle to Whitney C and probably realizing that he was never going to fully commit to her, she saw the writing on the wall.  I think they both truly did care about each other and had a friendship and mutual respect for each other, but ultimately, it was more or less an obligation to ride this relationship out until after the DWTS finale. The tension between them was so flippin obvious in the videos of the after parties.  But to keep the image, they headed back to Iowa together and gave it a week or two before quietly bowing out of their engagement in a non dramatic, classy way.

I do think this has been one of the classier breakups, no doubt. But I think that's easy to achieve when it's more of a "technical engagement" vs. a real love story gone awry. I saw lust, love and passion between both Andi and Josh and Kaitlyn and Shawn. But with Chris and Whitney, it was all just very nice and civil with them. So I wouldn't expect their break up to be anything but civil too.

Still, the fact that they never said an ill word about the other, never shared the story of what happened in their relationship and still continued to follow each other on SM for a long time (she no longer follows him) was an example of class on both of their parts.  Chris was asked on the GMA Bachelor reunion what happened and he stated he didn't feel it was right to talk about it without Whitney there too. I give him a lot of credit for that.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by BowenAnderson Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:43 pm

^^^ IA with your assessment. I will say that post break-up, I think he has tried to reach back out to her. (Just a hunch...no facts to back that up - except that she and his sister went out for drinks on the Wed. or Thurs. before he was to be back in Chicago. I think that he had his sister test the waters to see if she would see him...JMO)
He still follows her on SM. Which I love because she is doing so great and looks fantastic!

Also, on the interview with CH on GMA, he also said that he did fall in love with Whitney. So, I really like to give him the benefit of doubt on that subject. However, he took her for granted and was pretty selfish. Cream always rises to the top, and she certainly has. He was really respectful to her when questioned about their break-up on GMA, but part of me said, there is no way he would say..."I f$$$## up".
I think she has more followers than he does on SM. She has genuine fans and he seems to have stalkers. (Not that I am one of them or anything! I am just a troll in that regard) chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 3806527698 cantstopl

BowenAnderson

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:58 pm

I too am disappointed in Chris' post show behavior. However, I admire how he and Whitney have handled the break up. Unlike some other couples mentioned, these two are grown ups, and therein lies the difference.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:53 am

More than just friends? Rumer Willis and Chris Soules take in a fun night at the Knicks basketball game in NYC

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3264489/Rumer-Willis-Chris-Soules-fun-night-Knicks-basketball-game-NYC.html#ixzz3nybmGEtk

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 2D321BA200000578-3264489-image-m-65_1444303688421

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 2D3220DB00000578-3264489-image-m-70_1444303875818
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:18 am

Chris Soules' advice for 'Bachelor' Ben Higgins: 'Be prepared for the unexpected'
http://www.today.com/popculture/chris-soules-advice-bachelor-ben-higgins-be-prepared-unexpected-t48771

Find Out What Former Bachelor Chris Soules Considers a 'Tough Hurdle' for His Next Girlfriend to Overcome
http://www.people.com/article/chris-soules-worst-cooks-america-exclusive-sneak-peek
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:43 am

I don't even know where to begin with this quote:
I want to put a face on pig farming.
A) Has he even been back on the farm for 10 minutes since his reality tv stints?
B) Has he even focused on farming since?
C) I think if you look up pig in the dictionary you might see his face. So his goal could already have been achieved and the man doesn't even have the intelligence to realize it.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:20 am

When he says most people don't think farmers look like him, is he saying he thinks he's much hotter than what most people think farmers look like? What exactly do most people think farmers look like?

And man what a bunch of BS in that first article I posted. He just fell into all this celebrity, he didn't plan it. He doesn't really like the spotlight, he just embraces it. He doesn't care about TV or celebrity, that's not his goal in life. Chris, I don't think you're a bad guy, but come on, let's own it here. It's okay if you want to be on TV! It's not something bad.

Interesting he says that he and Whitney are still friends and it's good to be able to maintain that friendship. I wonder if they actually do still talk or if he's just being polite?
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:26 am

Sorry to inform you Chris but I come from a family a farmers so I know tons more because of them and you definitely are middle of the pack compared to all of them.

I'm not sure I really believe that Whitney and him are friends.

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 87b72b10 chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 86669110 chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:58 am

What is he doing in NYC? Is that where the cooking show films? Interesting that he is hanging out courtside with Rumer. Is this a date, or did they just happen to both be provided these courtside seats?
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX