SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 48 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by avacaroline Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:23 pm

What a sad situation. I grew up on a farm in a small farming community in Illinois. I can say with much confidence that's very likely that Chris new this farmer. That's just the way it is. Trips back and forth to the elevator, borrowing equipment, helping out during planting or harvest when someone is sick....they all know one another. The type of tractor that the victim was driving was an older model (probably from the late 70's). It's a smaller tractor, relative to most of the big fancy one's that are used in farming now, and there is no cab meaning the driver is just sitting out in the open with no protection. It wouldn't take much to throw a driver off the seat of this type of tractor but for it to end up in the ditch is another thing. He had to have been traveling faster than what was safe on those roads this time of year. Growing up in an area like this, everyone knows that there are farmers out, day and night, trying to get the crops in the ground. Same thing in the fall. The last thing your Momma says when you walk out the door is, "watch for tractors". Such a sad sad situation that I'm sure has rocked that small community.

sad
avacaroline
avacaroline

Female Posts : 807

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 48 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:25 pm

"TMZ has obtained documents in which police say he was in possession of alcoholic beverage containers at the time of the crash. "

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/04/25/chris-soules-arrested-fatal-car-crash/

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:28 pm

I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. Zilch. None. Nada. If he was sober, that's even worse. He was completely sound of mind and still made the decision to run away, resist arrest, hide for 5 hours, force police to get a warrant, and continue to be uncooperative. Spare me with this 'he's only human!!!1!' stuff. Not once, across those 5 hours, did he have any sympathy or compassion for the man he killed, otherwise he would've cooperated with police instead of evading them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:30 pm

leselihau wrote:"Officials are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the accident, although the Sheriff’s office confirmed that The Bachelor star was not driving under the influence at the time of the car crash."

Source:  Hollywood Life link

Again....in my thoughts and prayers....

Yet, if you read the actual article, that's not what the Sheriff office actually stated. no no

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:37 pm

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure wrote:"TMZ has obtained documents in which police say he was in possession of alcoholic beverage containers at the time of the crash. "

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/04/25/chris-soules-arrested-fatal-car-crash/

This is bad.  So bad.  It broke my heart to read the statement of Mr. Mosher ' s family member.  "We don't know why Chris fled the scene."  sad
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:42 pm

pvpr wrote:I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. Zilch. None. Nada. If he was sober, that's even worse. He was completely sound of mind and still made the decision to run away, resist arrest, hide for 5 hours, force police to get a warrant, and continue to be uncooperative. Spare me with this 'he's only human!!!1!' stuff. Not once, across those 5 hours, did he have any sympathy or compassion for the man he killed, otherwise he would've cooperated with police instead of evading them.

I could almost understand the course of events if he was drinking. Your judgment is impaired. If he was sober, I don't understand it at all.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:46 pm

If he was sober, shock, denial, couldn't face what he knew was going to happen. I can understand all the emotions. He goes from the 'ette, TB, DWTS, apparently going to BIP, and ends up in jail with one of the worse case scenarios that could happen.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:49 pm

Then he needs to cooperate in court. The jig is up.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:52 pm

Yes, there have been several links posted about the alcohol being in the car.  The thing is, no where in what I read does say it was open or that he was drunk.  If I've missed this info, I'd like someone to point out where it is. Could it have been?  Could he have been?  Sure.  He has a history of drinking.  

Sure it's not hard to connect the dots and assume things.  But until the facts are all in, we do not know that he is guilty of all that he's been accused of here.  

Does that excuse his behavior of fleeing the scene, holing up and having to have a warrant made for him to come out?  No.  And those actions are inexcusable and make him look far more guilty than the info we know to be fact, but again, it does not mean he actually is guilty of those things.  He should be held responsible for any and all that he is guilty of, IMO.  I can think badly of his actions while still feeling some type of empathy for him because no matter how much or little he's actually guilty of, his life is forever changed and there's a lot he'll have to accept and live with because of his actions.  And of course I feel lots of sympathy for the victims family and his own.  

We judge and post about a lot of things here, but IMO, we need to be careful with what we say and accuse him of until all the facts are in.

JMOAA
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:59 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:Yes, there have been several links posted about the alcohol being in the car.  The thing is, no where in what I read does say it was open or that he was drunk.  If I've missed this info, I'd like someone to point out where it is.  Could it have been?  Could he have been?  Sure.  He has a history of drinking.  

Sure it's not hard to connect the dots and assume things.  But until the facts are all in, we do not know that he is guilty of all that he's been accused of here.  

Does that excuse his behavior of fleeing the scene, holing up and having to have a warrant made for him to come out?  No.  And those actions are inexcusable and make him look far more guilty than the info we know to be fact, but again, it does not mean he actually is guilty of those things.  He should be held responsible for any and all that he is guilty of, IMO.  I can think badly of his actions while still feeling some type of empathy for him because no matter how much or little he's actually guilty of, his life is forever changed and there's a lot he'll have to accept and live with because of his actions.  And of course I feel lots of sympathy for the victims family and his own.  

We judge and post about a lot of things here, but IMO, we need to be careful with what we say and accuse him of until all the facts are in.

JMOAA

This is excellent...could not have said it any better
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:03 pm

@Ladybug82 well said. I feel the same way. I feel so incredibly horrible for the victim and his family. I can't even imagine. From articles I've read, it seemed like he was so loved.

Chris needs to be held accountable for his actions. Plain and simple. I hope he will be. I can't excuse him for any of this. With that being said, I was talking to a co-worker today about this tragedy. We both kind of talked about how while we both think we are good people and how we would hope we would try to help the victim whether or not he was still alive, neither one of us has been in an accident that was so violent and so severe that it sent someone driving a tractor into a ditch while it crushed him to death. What the hell would go through someone's head knowing you caused that? 

Again, this doesn't excuse him and I hope all of the facts come out entirely and he faces the just punishment, but that doesn't mean I can't feel sympathy for Chris' family and a little for Chris too. What a tragedy all around. All JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:09 pm

Wow! Such a sad, sad story.  My thoughts and prayers of course to the victim's family and to the Soules family as well.   Chris will have to live with this forever, regardless of legal outcomes.  This is certainly a cautionary tale that life is fragile and bad things can happen in the blink of an eye, a glace to a cell phone, whatever.  I don't walk in his shoes, so I don't know what led him to leave the scene.  It is heart wrenching. I wish for healing for his community.  I hope he accepts responsibility and outcomes for his behavior in this, and that at some point in the future he and all affected find some peace.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX