SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 64 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 64 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by ReneeM Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:54 pm

Becca and Chris have stayed friends/friendly so I think she's probably contacted him privately. I don't think she'll say anything publicly because why? It doesn't really concern her & she doesn't need to. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 64 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:54 pm

mizzoufan wrote:
Cocoasneeze wrote:I don't think anyone from the franchise needs to issue any statements, and I really don't get it if they do. They have no clue what happened, and imo can easily contact Chris in private. Jmo
I think it just nice it shows him public support.

Oh yeah, that makes sense. But to sort of question why someone hasn't commented or issued a statement always starts as well. Imo that's really unfair on them. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:56 pm

ReneeM wrote:Becca and Chris have stayed friends/friendly so I think she's probably contacted him privately. I don't think she'll say anything publicly because why? It doesn't really concern her & she doesn't need to. All JMO.

I forgot that she took a photo with Robert and Chris not too long ago.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:02 pm

I'm surprised Kaitlyn hasn't yet inserted herself into this via statement Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Re the comment above about Kaitlyn, there's a reason not to comment right there IMO.  Some will eyeroll and think someone is attention seeking off of a loss of human life.  I hope Chris' true friends from the franchise offer support in person to him directly.

Usually these people put themselves into the public for self-centred motives of profit and personal publicity to keep themselves relevant IMO.  This is real and a tragedy and not some Bach Nation gossip that they have anything to do with or need to use to get their name in an article IMO.  Realizing the difference is a mature response, again IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:25 pm

This thread has been a fascinating read. I don't usually live in a black and white world, so it's always interesting to see those colors fly in moments like this. I think there is a lot of grey here. Not that anyone asked, but sharing my opinion anyways...

Chris was in a horrific accident. He left the scene before being questioned. Then he refused to cooperate for 5 hours until the police had a warrant. That's what we actually know. Anything else is opinion and conjecture at this point.

He had to have known he would be questioned by the police, and he wasn't trying to hide that he was part of the accident. So it's hard for me to understand why he would care enough to call 911 at the scene, but not stick around once authorities arrived. IMO, it looks like he was trying to put some space between the accident and them questioning him. Only Chris (and probably his lawyer) know why that is, but IMO it sure seems like he might have had something to hide. But I don't know that to be true.

All of that said, that doesn't mean he's the worst person in the world and isn't worthy of empathy and an opportunity to learn from his mistakes. Leaving the scene of this accident is a bad decision, and he should be held accountable. Full stop (IMO). But accountability doesn't mean maligning him for the rest of his life, locking him up and throwing away the key, etc.

That's my opinion even if the facts eventually reveal that he was drinking or texting or whatever, and then left the scene. That would certainly change my opinion of the severity of justice to be served, but it doesn't change my opinion that people deserve a second chance. Lots of people make horrible decisions every day, some have more dire consequences than others. And lots of people are held accountable and have the ability to reflect and learn and grow from those horrific mistakes and consequences. That's the grey area that I live in...I hope he's held accountable for what happened, and I hope that he learns from this and it doesn't ruin the rest of his life as a result.

I don't really have sympathy for him, and I'm not sure I even have empathy for him. I don't understand his decisions/actions AT ALL. I just believe that most people deserve a chance to learn/grow and become better people.
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:30 pm

@allykat I always love reading what you have to say. Really nicely said. On all accounts.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:44 pm

mizzoufan wrote:
Cocoasneeze wrote:I don't think anyone from the franchise needs to issue any statements, and I really don't get it if they do. They have no clue what happened, and imo can easily contact Chris in private. Jmo
I think it just nice it shows him public support.

I don't think anyone is obligated to blindly support a suspected felon just because they dated briefly on TV and sometimes attend the same events. Sure, they could say it's a tragedy and they're praying for everyone but I don't see the point. I have no doubt that everyone in the Bachelor Family is well aware of this incident and saddened by it, it goes without saying. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:48 pm

http://www.eonline.com/news/846535/chris-soules-hires-new-high-powered-legal-team-after-fatal-car-crash

Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:14 pm

Iowa has just enacted two new cell phone bills. They were signed by the governor just days before Chris's accident/they are currently not in effect. They ban all usage of cell phone/social media while driving. It has been legal to use your cell phone in Iowa but illegal to text since 2012.

Taking the cell phone is normal when trying to decide what happened and why it happened.

The first bill makes it a primary offense, so police will be able to pull you over if they see you writing, sending or reading from your smartphone! The fine is $30.

The other will allow police to add the charge of reckless driving to a vehicular homicide charge if the driver was found to be using a cell phone at the time of the crash.

The two new laws will take effect July 1.
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:19 pm

@mtnlvr55 thanks for the info.

Those fines need to be increased IMHO Ontario Canada you are looking at up to $1000. One of the guys in our office got pulled over around Christmas time, $480 two demerit points for him.

Re the public statements - IMO it has nothing to due with the charges against him. IA no one is obligated to say a thing publicly. During a tragic event such as this, is when you find out who your true friends are.

If this was my friend, I'd be on a flight at his doorstep, even for 5 minutes to let him know in person that I'm praying for him and to give him encouragement to get through it and deal with the consequences.

Friendship IMO doesn't end just because of a mistake, tragic accident, all of the above. IMO and my experience, people are quick to say I'm here for you, but they never pick up the phone, they never follow up. One is grateful for the ones who do stick by their side.

I would think who ever wanted to speak with him, would find the means to say a few encouraging words to know he's being thought of and most certainly doesn't have to be public, but the thought that one would hesitate offering a few kind words of encouragement to a friend just because of the charges, to me is simply not worth having as a friend IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:22 pm

$30 is nothing. That fine needs to be a little more hefty to get someone's attention. Reading/texting on your phone while driving is a disaster just waiting to happen.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX