SELECT CONTENT

Sam Frost - Sasha Mielczarek - Bachelorette Australia - Season 1 - Fan Forum

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sam Frost - Sasha Mielczarek - Bachelorette Australia - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 11 Empty Re: Sam Frost - Sasha Mielczarek - Bachelorette Australia - Season 1 - Fan Forum

Post by Litta123 Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:45 pm

The info (from the Who and the OK articles above) about Sasha struggling with the process left me intrigued. Perhaps you guys discussed this previously, but since I'm a latecomer to this show, I'm reconciling this just now. I went back and watched the episodes to see if I could figure out a timeline.

Obviously, Sasha was flying high in epi 3 with his tango date/first kiss. Epi 4 (plane date/dodgeball) shows him giving his gift to Sam. He came off a little confident and certainly comfortable with her (imo). But I noticed that, when he kissed her, Sam gave him only one kiss and then turned her head to prevent him from coming in for more (imo). They ended with a hug. It was a positive exchange, but I could see this as potentially a little confusing based on their previous time.

He didn't get much screen/alone time with Sam in epi 5 (the 2on1 and kids' party). He gives an ITM at the cocktail party about how difficult it is to see the other guys coming back and hearing about their kisses with Sam. He is not shown with Sam having any cocktail party time, but he is the first to get a rose yet his response to getting it seems very, very subdued. Could this be the episode that he reached out for help?

He also didn't get much screen/alone time with Sam in epi 6 (the growing old date and carnival games). In fact, if the episode is to be believed, there didn't appear to be a cocktail party or RC. Sasha seems visibly upset when Osher tells the guys that Sam has left. Then, epi 7 is Sasha's second 1-1 (plus he even got to be on the GD).

In the articles cited above Sasha says, after he left for the wedding/talked with his mom and came back, "It took me awhile to warm up." Watching epi 7 again, it really stands out just how tentative Sam and Sasha each were (imo) towards one another. I was also struck by how Sam stated at the start of the date how it was a date about the things Sasha loves, including the vintage car. The show seemed to go out of it's way to show Sasha he was special (imo). Frankly, when I watched the first time I thought the car unnecessary as it seemed almost irrelevant because Sasha had such a subdued response.

My best guess for Sasha leaving for the wedding is after epi 5 because Davey Lloyd is quoted in the Daily Mail (source) regarding Sasha getting special privileges. To me, Davey would have needed to see Sasha go and come back in order to accuse him of sucking up to the producers. If Sasha left for the wedding after epi 6, Davey wouldn't have necessarily known, as Davey was dismissed that episode. So would Davey have been able to see/know about Sasha's needing help, being allowed to leave and come back? Grand scheme of things it doesn't matter whether it was after epi 5 or epi 6. I simply found it interesting to speculate on it. How long did it take for Sasha to warm back up? Wouldn't have been more obvious to the other guys if Sasha immediately got his second 1-1 right after coming back...because he was struggling? So again, my guess is Sasha asked for help during epi 5.

One more thing, Sasha reveals in the article that when he asked Sam at the cocktail party for help that she shut down and didn't know what to do. Sam states that she was pretty upset. I find this interesting with respect to Sasha's skydiving date because it seemed to me that the important component was Sam wanting to show Sasha how she could be there for him. She wanted to help him face his fears and comfort him along the way. In hindsight it almost seems as if she were trying to make it up to him that she let him down earlier when he needed help...she wanted to prove to him (and maybe herself) that she could be there for him...again, just me speculating.

Lastly, in the finale, this news about Sasha leaving and coming back is also reflected when Sam thanks Sasha for not giving up on her.

I apologize for such a long post, but I just needed to write this out in order to process it. I really like this couple and wish them all the best!

Sam Frost - Sasha Mielczarek - Bachelorette Australia - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 11 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Sam Frost - Sasha Mielczarek - Bachelorette Australia - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 11 Empty Re: Sam Frost - Sasha Mielczarek - Bachelorette Australia - Season 1 - Fan Forum

Post by marysegap Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:03 pm

Litta123 wrote:The info (from the Who and the OK articles above) about Sasha struggling with the process left me intrigued. Perhaps you guys discussed this previously, but since I'm a latecomer to this show, I'm reconciling this just now. I went back and watched the episodes to see if I could figure out a timeline.

Obviously, Sasha was flying high in epi 3 with his tango date/first kiss. Epi 4 (plane date/dodgeball) shows him giving his gift to Sam. He came off a little confident and certainly comfortable with her (imo). But I noticed that, when he kissed her, Sam gave him only one kiss and then turned her head to prevent him from coming in for more (imo). They ended with a hug. It was a positive exchange, but I could see this as potentially a little confusing based on their previous time.

He didn't get much screen/alone time with Sam in epi 5 (the 2on1 and kids' party). He gives an ITM at the cocktail party about how difficult it is to see the other guys coming back and hearing about their kisses with Sam. He is not shown with Sam having any cocktail party time, but he is the first to get a rose yet his response to getting it seems very, very subdued. Could this be the episode that he reached out for help?

He also didn't get much screen/alone time with Sam in epi 6 (the growing old date and carnival games). In fact, if the episode is to be believed, there didn't appear to be a cocktail party or RC. Sasha seems visibly upset when Osher tells the guys that Sam has left. Then, epi 7 is Sasha's second 1-1 (plus he even got to be on the GD).

In the articles cited above Sasha says, after he left for the wedding/talked with his mom and came back, "It took me awhile to warm up." Watching epi 7 again, it really stands out just how tentative Sam and Sasha each were (imo) towards one another. I was also struck by how Sam stated at the start of the date how it was a date about the things Sasha loves, including the vintage car. The show seemed to go out of it's way to show Sasha he was special (imo). Frankly, when I watched the first time I thought the car unnecessary as it seemed almost irrelevant because Sasha had such a subdued response.

My best guess for Sasha leaving for the wedding is after epi 5 because Davey Lloyd is quoted in the Daily Mail (source) regarding Sasha getting special privileges. To me, Davey would have needed to see Sasha go and come back in order to accuse him of sucking up to the producers. If Sasha left for the wedding after epi 6, Davey wouldn't have necessarily known, as Davey was dismissed that episode. So would Davey have been able to see/know about Sasha's needing help, being allowed to leave and come back? Grand scheme of things it doesn't matter whether it was after epi 5 or epi 6. I simply found it interesting to speculate on it. How long did it take for Sasha to warm back up? Wouldn't have been more obvious to the other guys if Sasha immediately got his second 1-1 right after coming back...because he was struggling? So again, my guess is Sasha asked for help during epi 5.

One more thing, Sasha reveals in the article that when he asked Sam at the cocktail party for help that she shut down and didn't know what to do. Sam states that she was pretty upset. I find this interesting with respect to Sasha's skydiving date because it seemed to me that the important component was Sam wanting to show Sasha how she could be there for him. She wanted to help him face his fears and comfort him along the way. In hindsight it almost seems as if she were trying to make it up to him that she let him down earlier when he needed help...she wanted to prove to him (and maybe herself) that she could be there for him...again, just me speculating.

Lastly, in the finale, this news about Sasha leaving and coming back is also reflected when Sam thanks Sasha for not giving up on her.

I apologize for such a long post, but I just needed to write this out in order to process it. I really like this couple and wish them all the best!

Hello Litta. Never late for a fan to join the conversation! Sam Frost - Sasha Mielczarek - Bachelorette Australia - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 11 2498057887

About the day when Sasha gave Sam that meaningful picture. If you watch again you will notice right after the kiss when Sam avoided going for seconds and she very quickly stands … right then, she looks out of the window and TONY was sitting right there in front of it and was looking in the room (Dave also joins him)! So Sam probably knew in advance she had spectators and had to keep her strong connection with Sasha discrete.

…See you around handwave
marysegap
marysegap

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:56 pm

Thx, marysegap!

I didn't notice the other guys re: the "gift-kiss"...more than likely a good explanation for her terminating a makeout session.  giggling  I do remember reading somewhere that for their first kiss(es), a secluded place was requested. I don't recall if it was requested by Sam or Sasha.

Upon further reflection, it's quite possible that Sasha's "meltdown" did occur in episode 6. Perhaps there was somewhat of a cocktail party (not shown at all). If Sasha asked Sam for help then...and she shut down, unable to give him reassurance, it could also make sense that she dismissed Davey, then left...because she was too upset that Sasha might leave. Sasha, to me, was clearly upset hearing Davey was gone (and so was Sam). He got up immediately after Osher gave the news.

Like I said, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. However, I always find it interesting to try to interpret the behavior one sees in the edit versus what is later revealed to have actually happened.

Whatever the situation, it's nice to know these guys seem like the real deal.

Sam Frost - Sasha Mielczarek - Bachelorette Australia - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 11 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:17 pm

I enjoyed reading your posts Litta! Thanks for taking the time to explain your opinion! yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaVictor Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:12 pm

Litta123 wrote:Thx, marysegap!

I didn't notice the other guys re: the "gift-kiss"...more than likely a good explanation for her terminating a makeout session.  giggling  I do remember reading somewhere that for their first kiss(es), a secluded place was requested. I don't recall if it was requested by Sam or Sasha.

Upon further reflection, it's quite possible that Sasha's "meltdown" did occur in episode 6. Perhaps there was somewhat of a cocktail party (not shown at all). If Sasha asked Sam for help then...and she shut down, unable to give him reassurance, it could also make sense that she dismissed Davey, then left...because she was too upset that Sasha might leave. Sasha, to me, was clearly upset hearing Davey was gone (and so was Sam). He got up immediately after Osher gave the news.

Like I said, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. However, I always find it interesting to try to interpret the behavior one sees in the edit versus what is later revealed to have actually happened.

Whatever the situation, it's nice to know these guys seem like the real deal.

Hi everyone,

Long-time reader, first time responder, so I hope I'm doing this correctly.

In my opinion, Sasha's meltdown occurred at the end of the birthday party date - during the cocktail party (Ep 5). I think the trigger was when Michael came home with a rose and a huge grin, and let everyone know that he and Sam had pashed. Sasha gives a speech about how it doesn't sit well with him that she's seeing (and kissing) other guys.

Then they go on the circus group date (Ep 6), and if you look at all the activities at that date, they were all designed that Sasha would win. I think that's why Sam and Osher laughed so hard when Sasha missed the Thunder God the first time. It was ironic laughter. She was so relieved when he succeeded the second time - she couldn't look at Michael when she hugged him. I think out of relief. Dave won the 1-1, so she needed to find extra time to spend with Sasha, so Sasha got the next single date (paint date - Ep 7). I'm thinking that date was meant for Michael - not necessarily a paint date - but they changed the date when Sasha didn't get the 1-1 time at the circus (Ep 6).

I'm thinking he went home to attend the wedding between Ep 5 (birthday party) and Ep 6 (circus). You can see at the circus date that he's a bit 'cold' to Sam. Even at the group dinner at Ep 7, he's still a little subdued. When he arrives for his next single date (paint - Ep 7) he's still a little cold (IMO). He only warms up once they're painting and relaxing. There was a lot more kissing going on at the painting than was shown. You can see from the photos from Channel 10 that they were pashing throughout the date. I think Sam was showing him at the date that she was interested. The kiss she gives him after he gets his rose, was a genuine kiss - and not the type of kiss she was giving the other guys. Even at the cocktail party, he encouraged Dave to grab Sam for a chat. He was in a really good mood after the paint date.

I think Sasha walked out when Osher announced Davey and Sam had left the mansion (Ep 6), because he probably wanted to speak to Sam desperately after returning from his wedding - and she sent Davey home the way she did so she'd have an excuse not to attend the cocktail party and bought her some more time with Sasha. The next episode was the group dinner and paint date, so he would have been happy to know he had another single date.

Next episode was home visits (Ep 8) and Sash was VERY confident going in. He knew - somehow - after the paint date that he was head cheese. He was very confident when he was at home, asking Sam to kiss him on his lips in front of the family. There was also lots more pashing at the wine farm than was shown (again, Channel 10 photos prove this). Sam also said that she knew 100% after home towns that he was the one. She knew before, but I'm thinking she was waiting to see if his family would accept her.

To be honest, if you look at the limited time they got to spend with each other over the 10 episodes, then it's amazing that their relationship blossomed the way it did. Sasha has said that he fell in love with her when they first met (and I'm thinking Sam knew as well, hence why she chose him for the second single date), but she had to give the others a chance as well.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

Let me know what everyone thinks.
AmandaVictor
AmandaVictor

Female Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaVictor Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:20 pm

Hello Litta.   Never late for a fan to join the conversation!  Sam Frost - Sasha Mielczarek - Bachelorette Australia - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 11 2498057887

About the day when Sasha gave Sam that meaningful picture.  If you watch again you will notice right after the kiss when Sam avoided going for seconds and she very quickly stands … right then, she looks out of the window and TONY was sitting right there in front of it and was looking in the room (Dave also joins him)! So Sam probably knew in advance she had spectators and had to keep her strong connection with Sasha discrete.

…See you around handwave [/quote]

Been reading your posts for a while now, so thanks for all your thoughts.

I agree with you. It was actually Sasha who pulled away from the kiss as Sam wanted to go in for seconds. He ends up hugging her. He knew there were eyes on them. If you look carefully, when Sam comes out of the hug with Sash, she looks straight at the door. She realises then that they had eyes on them. I also don't think it was Tony - it looked like Dave and Davey went to sit on the porch. I'm not sure if they had a direct sight-line into the room where Sasha and Sam were sitting from the porch, but they could well have been standing close to the door of the room where Sam and Sash were sitting, as we see them going to sit down when Sam and Sash stand up.

Let me know what you think.
AmandaVictor
AmandaVictor

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:44 pm

welcomesign Amanda!

Sasha leaving after epi 5 was my initial thought as well. I won't completely rehash my first post above, but I agree with the things you said. Sasha's behavior did seem off at the end of episode 5. I'm not sure that Sasha would/could have gotten extra time with Sam at the end of epi 6, but one never knows.

The rest of the guys, however, still seemed to be pursuing Sam (imo)...so that is my only hesitation in thinking that Sasha was visibly getting all these extra perks. Then again, none of the rejected final guys seemed terribly broken up about Sam not choosing them. Maybe they knew...and were playing their role.

Honestly, it's hard for me to know because I'm not Australian. (I'm American.) So is their ability to accept Sam's rejection just a normal Aussie man's reaction? Or were they less invested because they knew Sam had fallen for Sasha? That's a cultural observation that is beyond my knowledge. I'd be interested in your thoughts on this.

Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaVictor Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:01 am

Litta123 wrote:welcomesign Amanda!

Sasha leaving after epi 5 was my initial thought as well. I won't completely rehash my first post above, but I agree with the things you said. Sasha's behavior did seem off at the end of episode 5. I'm not sure that Sasha would/could have gotten extra time with Sam at the end of epi 6, but one never knows.

The rest of the guys, however, still seemed to be pursuing Sam (imo)...so that is my only hesitation in thinking that Sasha was visibly getting all these extra perks. Then again, none of the rejected final guys seemed terribly broken up about Sam not choosing them. Maybe they knew...and were playing their role.

Honestly, it's hard for me to know because I'm not Australian. (I'm American.) So is their ability to accept Sam's rejection just a normal Aussie man's reaction? Or were they less invested because they knew Sam had fallen for Sasha? That's a cultural observation that is beyond my knowledge. I'd be interested in your thoughts on this.

Hi Litta,

I know from some media stories, the men in the house picked Sasha as top contender pretty quickly as they realised Sam was pretty keen on him from the beginning. We do know that she spent extra time with the bachies on most filming days as she had lunch with them - so they would have picked up on the vibes between Sasha and Sam pretty quickly, just from that interaction. I think that's why Sasha took her kissing the other guys so hard. He was so into her, and she was still dating the other guys. He's such a decent guy, with good morals and traditional family values, so you can understand why he'd take that hard.

I'm not sure I agree with you about the other guys not being too concerned when they were rejected. Richie was (and I think, still is) upset that he didn't make it to the end, and that she didn't pick him. I'm not sure why, because a blind person could have seen she wasn't into him, as he was into her. Maybe he feels that he was pushed to reveal his feelings, and then ended up with nothing to show for it. Or it could just be embarrassment/humiliation with how everything transpired.

Michael was hopeful to the end - I think. Sam did a good job stringing him along, but I'm sure he always knew it was Sasha. In one article he did say that he had an early call the day of the finale, and he thought he wasn't going to be the One at that point as Sasha couldn't have gotten up earlier than he did (think he had to be ready by 6am). On the flip-side, Sasha said he had an afternoon call for the finale and they ended up shooting around 3pm, so he was thought that he was the one, seeing as they wouldn't have been able to shoot his 'rejection' spot and then Michael's 'victory' so late in the day. So I think Michael kinda knew at the finale that he wasn't the One - hence why he had his 'moving' speech all ready to go. IMO he's angling to be the next bachelor. I'm no fan of his, as I think he's slightly childish. You only have to read his Instagram to see how needy of attention he is.

Amanda

AmandaVictor
AmandaVictor

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:57 am

This is my first experience watching any show from the Bach Australia series...so I'm not all that familiar with what's "normal." On the American show, we've seen (in the limo) guys angry, shocked, extremely sad and sometimes tearful. TBH, I wasn't completely paying attention to Alex, Richie and Michael in each of their final limo interviews, but I do recall feeling that they weren't emoting much compared to what I'm used to...assuming each was broken-hearted. Again, maybe that's a cultural thing...or maybe I just perceived it wrong.

Even Sasha seemed a little stoic during Sam's speech to him at the finale...but that was understandable to me because Sam being so emotional resembled some of her rejection breakdowns. I think I read somewhere that Sasha was uncertain as to what she was actually doing because she seemed so upset.

Regardless, thanks for sharing your thoughts on how you saw things. With me being on the other side of the world, it's hard to get same details that you guys in Australia might hear. So anything you and any others share about Sam and Sasha is much appreciated.

OT - Btw, I had a chance back in my single days to spend 3 weeks traveling in Australia with a dear friend. I loved your country...and hope to come back someday. yes

Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaVictor Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:17 am

Litta123 wrote:This is my first experience watching any show from the Bach Australia series...so I'm not all that familiar with what's "normal." On the American show, we've seen (in the limo) guys angry, shocked, extremely sad and sometimes tearful. TBH, I wasn't completely paying attention to Alex, Richie and Michael in each of their final limo interviews, but I do recall feeling that they weren't emoting much compared to what I'm used to...assuming each was broken-hearted. Again, maybe that's a cultural thing...or maybe I just perceived it wrong.

Even Sasha seemed a little stoic during Sam's speech to him at the finale...but that was understandable to me because Sam being so emotional resembled some of her rejection breakdowns. I think I read somewhere that Sasha was uncertain as to what she was actually doing because she seemed so upset.

Regardless, thanks for sharing your thoughts on how you saw things. With me being on the other side of the world, it's hard to get same details that you guys in Australia might hear. So anything you and any others share about Sam and Sasha is much appreciated.

OT - Btw, I had a chance back in my single days to spend 3 weeks traveling in Australia with a dear friend. I loved your country...and hope to come back someday. yes

I think the Aussie guys were still a bit naive about how to react in the limo. This is the first Bachelorette series here in Australia, so I'm sure in future series' they'll know what to expect. Also, Aussie blokes aren't the type to carry on about their feelings. That's why Sasha struggled to let Sam know how he was really feeling. But, can you blame him? I would probably be the same - especially if you're not sure you're the One.

I downloaded the last USA Bachelorette series with Kaitlyn Bristowe. I had previously watched Des and Chris and loved them. I actually pricked Chris from the beginning, so I couldn't understand why she was so into Brooks. By I digress. I thought Kaitlyn's season would be similar to Des'. I think I made it into the first few episodes before I realised that the franchise now resembled a sex orgy. **edited**

So, I'm hoping the AUS Bachelorette stays true to how it started, and they pick a decent girl and classy guys.

Thanks for your compliment about Australia. Our blokes are gorgeous. They are (mostly) manly-men - and good looking to boot. Sasha is such a babe, and he loves his Mum - she sure raised him right. Sam is one very lucky lady, and I think she knows it. No way would she find someone like Sash in her world. And vice versa.

Amanda
AmandaVictor
AmandaVictor

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:02 am

Great posts. I don't think the Australian girls are upset as the US girls when exiting either. I think it may be the questions producers are asking them and they are not as set up for a fall.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaVictor Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:37 am

Can anyone help me to post images? I've tried but it doesn't seem to work after following the instructions in the FAQ.
AmandaVictor
AmandaVictor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sam Frost - Sasha Mielczarek - Bachelorette Australia - Season 1 - Fan Forum

+31
last
Sprite
Norcalgal
stuckinsc
stillhoping