SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #2 - Discussion

Page 6 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bachelorettefav - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #2 - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #2 - Discussion

Post by umngirl Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:08 pm

She doesn't seem to be doing a good job of building a viable "brand". Sure she may have some short term popularity but that's gonna dry up unless she finds something.

bachelorettefav - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #2 - Discussion - Page 6 87b72b10 bachelorettefav - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #2 - Discussion - Page 6 86669110 bachelorettefav - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #2 - Discussion - Page 6 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

bachelorettefav - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #2 - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #2 - Discussion

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:16 pm

relaxing wrote:Well I guess all the questions about why to include her in a talk have been answered as many here tuned in live to hear what she had to say.  I missed it but hope I get to see it sometime.  It seems enough people feel very strongly about her to generate an audience so I hope she sold lots of tickets
Uh, no.

Just to clarify: As someone who is on a TEDx committee I watch live TEDx talks for most cities/universities and Vancouver was one of them I always planned to watch since I will be at TED's conference next year which is in Vancouver (and which has been long sold out, even though one has to apply to attend since it is for mostly academics to do so). I am not sure who else bothered watching live other than myself on this thread (I was the sole person to post on such) and whether Kaitlyn was on the slot or not I would have watched. Out of all the speakers, she was the least impactful, IMO and based on feedback I have personally received (many didn't even know who she was which is normal given the niche target audience and doubtful anyone really cares other than her followers/fans and not the TEDx community at large which she doesn't fit into at all).

Additionally: Kaitlyn never sold any tickets. TEDx is an extremely popular event and is always sold out, especially in a city which will be hosting the main TED conference next year. It was sold out because it is a TEDx event. It would have been sold out no matter who was speaking. Also, since I know people that attended and data is collected, there were less people in the audience when Kaitlyn spoke. This is normal since she was slotted into the last session of the day when people usually arrive for "main" speakers which are typically slotted in Sessions 1 and Sessions 3. Her "interview" was rather bland and her only interesting statement was something she plagiarized from others. Also, just to clarify some misinformation, there were around 3200 seats/tickets sold, not 19,000. Even if there were 100K, it has nothing to do with Kaitlyn but TEDx itself - the name itself is what draws mostly academics (target audience) and leaders in communities, etc.

My one hope is that any of Kaitlyn's SM followers will watch the other TEDx speakers from the event she was at and learn something from them - and something of actual value and worth. Sadly, I can pretty much guarantee that out of her 1 million plus followers, very few will do so and even fewer will have a clue as to what a TEDx event is and likely won't bother educating themselves either - this is Kaitlyn after all. She spends her time snapchatting and whatnot, not trying to actually make an evidence-based positive impact on society as a whole. Kaitlyn was a waste as a Bette lead, and IMO, she was and is even further of a waste having a TEDx talk.

JMHO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:36 pm

relaxing wrote:Well I guess all the questions about why to include her in a talk have been answered as many here tuned in live to hear what she had to say.  I missed it but hope I get to see it sometime.  It seems enough people feel very strongly about her to generate an audience so I hope she sold lots of tickets and generates lots of hits if they put the video up increasing the exposure for a very valuable event that aims to open people's minds to different points of view and different life stories.

And IMO every popular person coming out of this show these days tries to brand and sell themselves to keep an income source going, they just don't all come right out and say so.

I don't have a problem with people taking advantage of the opportunities afforded to them as a result of being on the show. Let's face it, the show takes plenty advantage of them and makes lots of money as a result. However, most other people have some kind of job and simply supplement their income with shilling cr*p on Instagram, twitter, etc. What do they do? And what exactly is she branding? She is constantly contradicting herself. She said she stopped selling stuff...which apparently is also false...because her fans didn't like it. So again, why brand anything, if you aren't selling anything?

For a woman who wants to showcase her honesty, the more she is tripping over her own different lies...stories.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:41 pm

With all due respect AAL, I have never heard of TedX. Are the 
viewers over 50? If so, Kaitlin with certainty would be
scrutinized. She is a modern woman with progressive thoughts.
There is a vast difference between my daughter in her fiftys
and my granddaughter who is 30. All is good.

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Well here we are almost 15 pages of mostly TEDx Vancouver talk later - IMO this is why someone like Kaitlyn would be added to the line up. Buzz, talk, discussion, etc. As someone who has really only watched a few widely spread TED talks, I knew little about TEDx events.

What might be a waste to us superfans who have probably already heard everything she has to say post Bachelorette, may not be for someone who likely isn't in the reality TV crowd.

Must've been a memorable once in a lifetime experience, it certainly was a Bachelor nation first.

Speaking for myself, after the ATFR media rounds I said I wished they'd show us different sides because the partying was getting boring. Well - settling on Nashville as home, Movember, TEDx Van, upcoming veterans charity work, a trip to Germany - they seem to finally be doing just that.

I'm sure I won't always agree with their decisions and not everything will be done perfectly or up to certain standard, but this is nice to see, hope it continues in that direction.

Last edited by bleuberry on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

bachelorettefav - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #2 - Discussion - Page 6 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:51 pm

Ironically, despite going on a reality show to build her brand, she still found love as she seems very content with Shawn so that is one thing she did gain at any rate

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:53 pm

Nonina430 wrote:With all due respect AAL, I have never heard of TedX. Are the 
viewers over 50? If so, Kaitlin with certainty would be
scrutinized. She is a modern woman with progressive thoughts.
There is a vast difference between my daughter in her fiftys
and my granddaughter who is 30. All is good.

TEDx and TED events have nothing to do with age but target audience (those who attend) - which is academic primarily.
Because it is an academic organization and it's target audience are academics this means mostly University students, faculty, researchers,community builders/leaders, etc, are the target audience and common attendee.
TED is even considered "elitist" (something with TED's site admits to being) but this is their niche.
Thus, whether one is 20 years old or 80 years old, age matters not, what matters is that this target audience shares an academic connection primarily - a community of "life-long learners" if one will.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:33 pm

AAL , is it Canadian? 

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:35 pm

bleuberry wrote:Well here we are almost 15 pages of mostly TEDx Vancouver talk later - IMO this is why someone like Kaitlyn would be added to the line up. Buzz, talk, discussion, etc. As someone who has really only watched a few widely spread TED talks, I knew little about TEDx events.

What might be a waste to us superfans who have probably already heard everything she has to say post Bachelorette, may not be for someone who likely isn't in the reality TV crowd.

Must've been a memorable once in a lifetime experience, it certainly was a Bachelor nation first.

Considering the elite type of speakers, IMO the type of target audience wouldn't care much about reality TV when there are real life events such as being captured and incarcerated for 400 days in jail or award winning journalists and authors. That's why she was slotted in towards the end of the event IMO. My seat would be empty as well. I've attended many conferences in my day, and by the end of the day, you want to get going since there usually is a lot of travel involved.

Also, if the event wasn't in Vancouver, would Kaitlyn be there at all? It may be a Bachelor nation first but other than Jillian, who lives in that area, who else from Bachelor Nation supported her or offered her best wishes?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:41 pm

Idk, I would still be pretty excited about it all. Hopefully she didn't have expectations of headlining the event laugh out loud.

bachelorettefav - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #2 - Discussion - Page 6 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:43 pm

While TEDx may be a Bachelor nation first, others have spoken to much larger crowds at important events. So Kaitlyn can claim the TEDx thing (although I suspect she was only invited because it was in Vancouver and she wouldn't have been asked if it was anywhere else) but I don't think this is going to lead to other public speaking engagements of merit for her. JMO

bachelorettefav - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #2 - Discussion - Page 6 87b72b10 bachelorettefav - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #2 - Discussion - Page 6 86669110 bachelorettefav - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #2 - Discussion - Page 6 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:50 pm

I know others have spoken at major events too, I was speaking re: TEDx only.  

Heck I even said she was being invited because she was the Bachelorette and a Vancouverite, but I was accused of reducing the rest of the speakers and said that was an insult to what TEDx stood for laugh out loud.

She had a tiny part in a cool event local to her. Kinda neat to me that she got to do it. And I like it a lot more than club appearances and partying. Which yes, I'm sure we'll still see.

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #2 - Discussion

+50
Duke702
albean99
KB_Mom
jen689
Beach Lover