SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 33 of 84 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 58 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 33 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lucas15 Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:47 pm

ForeverLove wrote:But with all the tears we see in letting her go at the Finale, no doubt she cried and even let Ben have it. She won't go quietly imo.

Perhaps she didn't - but we haven't seen the FRC yet and they don't have to show things that may have happened if they want to mitigate them. IMO stuff happened with F2 on Ashley's season that we didn't see because they picked Ben F as the next lead.

People won't necessarily remember the preview - they will remember the FRC that just aired in the hour before the ATFR.

JMHO

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 33 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
ForeverLove wrote:But with all the tears we see in letting her go at the Finale, no doubt she cried and even let Ben have it. She won't go quietly imo.

Perhaps she didn't - but we haven't seen the FRC yet and they don't have to show things that may have happened if they want to mitigate them. People won't necessarily remember the preview - they will remember the FRC that just aired in the hour before the ATFR.

JMHO

Real interesting insights . Kinda like preview for Epi7. Ben walking away from podium and yet at airing , nothing like that seen. That's a way to save Ben from all the stuff that will hit the fans at the Finale if what is written out there has truth to it. If that's the case, JOJO FOR THE NEXT BETTE! And re-edit the ending . Complete the love story!

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:17 pm

I just don't see them wanting a drama free final & ATFR. That's why I don't think Jojo is their first pick. Another thing is that Caila is more visibly a WOC than Jojo is if that's what they're looking for. I don't have a problem either way though.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15342

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:27 pm

I get the sense that Becca is an actual candidate. Time will tell, though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:02 pm

I honestly think Becca is only a candidate in her own mind.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by megaa Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:11 pm

Amanda & Jojo can both pass for white girls. If you hadn't told me Jojo was half Iranian, I wouldn't have assumed. Caila has gone through life looking Asian. She just does not pass for white, regardless if she is only 1/2 Filipino. If they want Jojo, fine. But I'm gonna be annoyed if they harp on her being WOC.

megaa

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:12 pm

Positives for me about JoJo being the Bachelorette:

1. I've always said I wish they would pick a woman who guys would actually be into and want to pursue and she seems popular with both men and women.

2. Her ex is is 38 so she's open to dating older guys and they can cast several of them for her. Which could increase the chances of the Bachelor being in his 30's. I want them to cast a guy who's in his mid to late 30's. Ben is nice guy but I don't care to watch another guy who's under 30-years-old as the lead ever again.

I'm still all for Caila because I find her the most interesting to watch but I think I could at least deal with JoJo.

JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:17 pm

Juan Pablo "looked" very white but they played that up hard core. Also, Caila is just as much a woman of color as JoJo and possibly Amanda, looks don't matter.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:26 pm

It might not change who the next lead is, but Paul Lee (Entertainment President at ABC) has stopped down.

http://deadline.com/2016/02/paul-lee-out-abc-president-channing-dungey-1201704333/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 33 87b72b10 The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 33 86669110 The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 33 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:30 pm

lipsis wrote:^^ exactly. Have Jojo come out all happy and optimistic to find love because she learned so much from the experience. Talk about how happy she is for Ben etc etc. I think they can pull it off. She's a much better choice than Caila IMO.

I totally agree on all points. Maybe things will change in next few episodes but I just don't see Jo Jo being that into Ben. Shoot, just look at their body language in the site's above banner at the table. She has said she is holding back and has said that she sees his connection with Lauren. TPTB can use that at AFR.

All they need to have her do is come on ATFR and say something like, yes, I was blindsided but watching the season, it is clear that Ben was in love with Lauren. While she opened her heart to him as much as she could at the time, there was always something holding her back. Now she knows it was that feeling in her gut about Ben and Lauren.

On Afterbuzz with Danny, a guest host and three super fans, every one of them picked Lauren for f1 and Jo Jo for next Bachelorette.

They also all said that Caila was inauthentic and that it was huge red flag about dumping boyfriend for Ben.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:54 pm

umngirl wrote:It might not change who the next lead is, but Paul Lee (Entertainment President at ABC) has stopped down.  

http://deadline.com/2016/02/paul-lee-out-abc-president-channing-dungey-1201704333/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Oh interesting! Well so much for diverse 'ette or maybe there will definitely be one. He was the exec that made that comment. Thanks umngirl.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-bachelor-bachelorette-black-diverse-contestant-abc-1201676020/

“We’re doing a whole lot of tweaks,” Lee told reporters after his executive session at the Pasadena, Calif. press tour. “We have the farm team, right, which allows us to then pick the next one. But I’d be very surprised if ‘The Bachelorette’ in the summer isn’t diverse. I think that’s likely … The tweaks that Mike Fleiss has put in place will get us where we want to go.”]

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71507

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by InPrism Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:42 am

Duke702 wrote:Juan Pablo "looked" very white but they played that up hard core. Also, Caila is just as much a woman of color as JoJo and possibly Amanda, looks don't matter.  

I respectfully disagree with you. Television is a visual medium. Looks ARE important when it comes to visual medium. Also, representation of diversity DOES matter. If diversity didn't matter, then why would Sports Illustrated go through all the trouble this year to have three different women of shapes & sizes as their Swimsuit Cover models? Having Ashley Graham as one of their cover models made history and was a big deal for some women who look up to her. If diversity doesn't matter, then why would Mattel go through all the trouble this year to produce Barbie dolls with SEVEN different skin colors, three different body types and shapes, and 22 different eye colors? When you look at American Girl brand dolls, they show a diversity of dolls - different hair & skin colors. Representation and diversity did and does matter to those parents and kids who asked those doll companies to make a variety of dolls with whom they and their kids could relate to. I personally think that having the Bachelorette producers cast a woman of color would mean a lot to some viewers. JMO.

I'm also surprised that no one has asked Amanda on social media or through interviews yet what her ethnicity is since some people on this forum has asked more than once about it. On the topic of Caila being considered for Bachelorette, I personally wouldn't have any problems with that. It's not going to be the end of the world if Caila is chosen as Bachelorette. If JoJo is chosen, that would be good, too. I've been a longtime viewer of this franchise. I've read this forum for the longest time. And I felt I finally needed to go out of lurkdom to share a few thoughts. Have a nice week.

InPrism

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 84 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 58 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+75
teamjanner
johannax
dedré
limoncello
Miyala