SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 35 of 84 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 59 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teamcaila - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 35 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by bluwavz Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:45 pm

LOL. Yeah he's too hung up on the shooting schedule. I'm sure TPTB can come up with some way to get around it. They don't have to announce JoJo on the ATFR or even on JKL later that night. I don't see why they would have to film her intro before the ATFR either especially if they happen to go to Dallas during her season if she's the lead. Couldn't they film all that then or at some later date? I do think he's right that it will be between JoJo or Caila though.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19231

Back to top Go down

teamcaila - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 35 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Duke702 Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:51 pm

Yea RS is stuck on the fact that they have never done an F2 as bachelorette, and that they have had good options. I hope that's just a coincidence. RS thinks it's not a coincidence.

But yea I don't think he has a lo of intel on the next lead ever, he's usually wrong, until he hears the rumors before it's announced. Maybe we will know a couple weeks before the ATFR.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:04 pm

It's just annoying because he acts like F2s haven't even been considered, which is not true. We know that they went after Chantal pretty hard, Tenley said on the Bustle interview that she was considered for it, a blogger said that Lindsay and Des were the two names that he was given when he was auditioning, and JJ said that Becca was one of the four possibilities they were given last year.

I really don't see the big deal with announcing on GMA, Jimmy Kimmel, DWTS, like they've done with the Bachelors or even pushing back filming a week or so. It doesn't seem like this humongous obstacle that he's making it out to be, IMO. And, even the fact that he was hearing it was Jojo last week...doesn't that tell him that the F2 is considered?

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:33 pm

Amanda has an interesting backstory being a grand daughter of a Moroccan Princess, niece of an author and ex-con(?), Actress, mother of 2 kids and divorcee of a cheating husband . . . this is right up Fleiss' ally.  cheeky
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:38 pm

I just read an article about some past black contestants and how they were really treated on the show .
http://www.avclub.com/article/read-what-its-be-black-bachelor-and-bachelorette-232465

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-5-most-revealing-quotes-from-black-bachelor-and-bachelorette-contestants/

Last edited by ForeverLove on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:39 pm

Let's not forget they've had 3 months already to figure out how to rearrange things, if JoJo is who they want. I'm pretty sure these people, who've made a hit TV show for over a decade, can manage to find a solution to such a non-problem in 3-4 months. He's talking like they'd have to bend the laws of physics or something.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:53 pm

ForeverLove wrote:I just read an article about some past black contestants and how they were really treated on the show .
http://www.avclub.com/article/read-what-its-be-black-bachelor-and-bachelorette-232465

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-5-most-revealing-quotes-from-black-bachelor-and-bachelorette-contestants/

Thanks for posting that! It was an interesting read. A lot of them essentially said that they were manipulated into carrying out the "angry, black woman" stereotype which is the vibe that I get too. And, the part where a girl was recounting an experience where she heard the producer tell a girl that she was boring and a disappointment and had zero personality just to get her to break down...ouch. I snark on this people a lot, but this show is brutal.

And, LOL at Leslie saying that Sean really didn't care about what the girls looked like and that's why there was so much diversity this year, but Ben's type is obviously blonde considering 80% of the girls are blonde. So true! I wish we could have another guy like him, who was more open to interracial dating. I also loved her saying the producers are basically your therapists. I remember Ashley Spivey saying the same thing. Definitely not. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:55 pm

bluwavz wrote:I think Caila and Amanda will have an equal shot at the lead. Almost as many F4 girls have been the lead as F3 girls and we've already had three single parent leads. I'd prefer not to see a single parent lead but I do think she'll be well-liked and have a good shot at it.

season finished in bach
1> 1
2 > 4
3> 1
4> 1
5> 3
6> 4
7> 3
8> 1
9> 4
10> 3
11> 3

That is how the seasons line up if it's of use to anyone??

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10794

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:02 pm

nothatgirl wrote:
ForeverLove wrote:I just read an article about some past black contestants and how they were really treated on the show .

Thanks for posting that! It was an interesting read. A lot of them essentially said that they were manipulated into carrying out the "angry, black woman" stereotype which is the vibe that I get too. And, the part where a girl was recounting an experience where she heard the producer tell a girl that she was boring and a disappointment and had zero personality just to get her to break down...ouch. I snark on this people a lot, but this show is brutal.

And, LOL at Leslie saying that Sean really didn't care about what the girls looked like and that's why there was so much diversity this year, but Ben's type is obviously blonde considering 80% of the girls are blonde. So true! I wish we could have another guy like him, who was more open to interracial dating. I also loved her saying the producers are basically your therapists. I remember Ashley Spivey saying the same thing. Definitely not. IMO.

When you put these articles along with Lauren's H's, wow! Just wow! I don't think they'll be a black lead anytime soon. I guess they'll sidestep for something else. It does make me wonder about Jojo. These manipulations happened with her brother's show too. Yet, they still might do it? Maybe they want a piece of what Janner is making though Jojo may not need money , but does she want fame ala Pavelka?

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:22 pm

Here'S ANOTHER one.
fusion on bach diversity

I think tptb are afraid to go there. IMO there is that ignorant stereotype that all WOC with beautiful mahogany skin are somehow uncontrollable and angry. Just proves tptb believe what they watch in the movies and tv, themselves. As I stated in another post, this show has a chance to open up dialog and break down barriers (whatever those may be). And as someone who has mixed marriages in my family, the current format has become boring. Same old same old needs to change, but I know it's all about the "ratings generating formula". Well all formulas have a shelf life.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:27 pm

They should just pick Amber James and cross that barrier. I wonder what jubilee 's feelings are on this ? I think she found it isolating too , and now wonder if they manipulated her to break? Ben really liked her . Their outtake of her showing Ben how to break it down in dancing was funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:33 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
bluwavz wrote:I think Caila and Amanda will have an equal shot at the lead. Almost as many F4 girls have been the lead as F3 girls and we've already had three single parent leads. I'd prefer not to see a single parent lead but I do think she'll be well-liked and have a good shot at it.

season       finished in bach
1>               1
2 >             4
3>              1
4>              1
5>              3
6>             4
7>             3
8>             1
9>             4
10>          3
11>          3

That is how the seasons line up if it's of use to anyone??

Trista was F2, not F1.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 84 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 59 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+75
teamjanner
johannax
dedré
limoncello
Miyala