SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 47 of 84 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 65 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teamcaila - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 47 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by albean99 Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:57 am

I don't believe that SM has much bearing on who the lead will be. I think they decided on Juan Pablo because they wanted diversity and they could never get Roberto to sign up. It wasn't like it was a huge outcry for him to be lead. It was the normal one when they leave the show but it suited them to say that the public demanded it. That's all JMO of course.

If they pick Caila, I'm sure they'll just call her a fan favorite whether she's the most liked one or not.  :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

teamcaila - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 47 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by california90 Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:54 am

Seabear wrote:TBTB/ABC will call whomever they want as the Lead the "fan favorite."  The have done it repeatedly and will do it again this year.  The choice they make will be determined on what storyboard and what sort of season they want to present.   It will also be based on the wishes financial and societal of ABC.  The minute the new Lead announcement is made and the season begins filming and then ultimately airs the Lead will gain tons of new followers on SM.  Rise and repeat.

IMO Diversity will be a factor this year and Caila will be the next Bachelorette.  Her current SM following will be a non factor.

JMO

I feel like they talk diversity every year, but for some reason this year they're talking more about it. Maybe they do want to go with a "diverse" bachelorette this season -- whether its Caila or Jojo. I'd say Jubilee, but she was eliminated so early.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:28 am

metalgirl wrote:Regardless of what social media "says", I truly believe that the top brass pick who they want, not who a collection of numbers from various electronic sources "say" would be good.

The network and the producers actually KNOW the women involved.  Personally.  They SEE them and TALK to them.  They know who they can manage.  They know who will follow their instructions.  They know who will DO THE JOB they need done.  In my opinion.

That knowledge doesn't come from the people sitting on their couches at home pretending they "know" these contestants.  They know a fraction of what's shown.  

But if people on social media think they have any effect at all on who's ultimately chosen, then bless their little hearts.  

If they could bamboozle the audience that JPab was a fan favourite and that there was a huge outcry for him, there is no reason that Caila couldn't be pushed forth as the next bette if that is what they want. I do think that she is charming and flirtatious enough to do a good job with the guys and who knows, she could actually meet someone that she falls for...for a few months at least.

I will watch regardless of who is the lead, but I will be more interested in some than others. Primarily Caila and Jubilee would be the most interesting to me because their backgrounds are different from what I have seen on this show. Not to mention, they both have a different fashion sense that I would enjoy seeing what they come up with for them.

I was talking to one of my guy friends who watches the show about who he would want as the lead and I expected him to say Amanda or JoJo because they are his type, but he surprised me and said Caila. He thought she was fun and cute and would be a fun lead. He didn't want Amanda because of the kids. (And this is a guy who was all about Emily!) He has two that are about the same age as Amanda's and he couldn't believe that she would leave them at that age...once...let alone for a second time. And then he canned JoJo because he said she looked "harsh" and he didn't like the whole thing with the ex and the brothers. He did however love her mom!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:44 am

Seabear wrote:TBTB/ABC will call whomever they want as the Lead the "fan favorite."  The have done it repeatedly and will do it again this year.  The choice they make will be determined on what storyboard and what sort of season they want to present.   It will also be based on the wishes financial and societal of ABC.  The minute the new Lead announcement is made and the season begins filming and then ultimately airs the Lead will gain tons of new followers on SM.  Rise and repeat.

IMO Diversity will be a factor this year and Caila will be the next Bachelorette.  Her current SM following will be a non factor.

JMO

This.

Not to harp on JPabk, but no way was he a fan favourite. Sure he had fans, they all do, but he had hardly any screen time and most of the people I watched with had to be reminded of who he was. (They are casual viewers who just watch the show and aren't into boards and spoilers and they were pretty shocked when he was announced as the lead...and fan favourite.) ABC and producers decided they wanted a Latin lead and they drove the publicity machine to hype him up. The minions got on twitter and boards like this and stirred up interest and low and behold all of a sudden the masses were clamouring for a season of JPab....and they will do it again with whoever they decide on for the next lead.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:40 am

metalgirl wrote:Regardless of what social media "says", I truly believe that the top brass pick who they want, not who a collection of numbers from various electronic sources "say" would be good.

The network and the producers actually KNOW the women involved.  Personally.  They SEE them and TALK to them.  They know who they can manage.  They know who will follow their instructions.  They know who will DO THE JOB they need done.  In my opinion.

That knowledge doesn't come from the people sitting on their couches at home pretending they "know" these contestants.  They know a fraction of what's shown.  

But if people on social media think they have any effect at all on who's ultimately chosen, then bless their little hearts.  

Regarding the network and tptb knowing the women involved and knowing who will follow their instructions and who they can manage - Caila is not their girl IMO based on what I've heard. IMO She doesn't play by anyone's rules but her own, going directly against what tptb told her to NOT do once she got home. My opinion is based on what I've heard from a mutual friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by pander3575 Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:42 am

What did she do when she got home that they told her not to do?
pander3575
pander3575

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:55 am

pander3575 wrote:What did she do when she got home that they told her not to do?

IMO not my place to let it out. Just saying if the tptb want someone they can manipulate and tell what to/not to do Caila is not their girl. JMO based on what I've been told.

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:46 am

TPTB have also picked ratings lemons before, too, that do not resonate with the audience. Part of the reason they go with the rerun is the "brand" recognition of the contestant and how it is easier and cheaper to sell with a cute hook in most cases. It appears that Caila's brand will require a lot of fine tuning based on the commentary across SM. At this point, I'd score her a neutral, at best, with a bit of concerning negativity (immature, spoiled, phony, just wants to be Bachelorette). As for playing the diversity pitch, again, they're going to have to do some work there as well as I don't think she stands out with viewers in that regard as other aspects are overshadowing it. I'm not saying she won't be picked but work will have to be put in.

Becca's army is out in force and overtakes any space where comments can be made so her popularity could definitely be over inflated but she also has the moral play on her side, too, which is an easy sell with many TB viewers.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:15 am

I don't think they pay any attention to specific tweets when they ask who it should be, numbers of followers, campaigns etc.  Those are just keep fans talking and interested.

But I would hugely doubt they don't pay attention to the general reaction and interest in the contestants in the wide audience, however they measure that at a network, ad my impression is that Caila just hasn't made a big impact in that regard, so I think that def plays a factor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:20 am

What weekend do they usually start filming the intro package of the bachette? Is it the weekend that they film the week after they film the WTA (this next week)?

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:30 am

If we have to have a virgin which I don't think we do, I'd rather it be someone with a good personality like Sadie from Lorenzo's season.

Jojo does have a good personality to me but her family and the ex thing turned me off.

Amanda just can't leave her kids again imo. I think she'd be lambasted no matter who's saying she should be the next lead.

I still think Caila has the best shot because they set her up on her HTD. I don't think any perceived negatives in this season really matter as much as some think. Many previous leads, including Ali & DeAnna, had a lot of detractors going into their season.

It will be interesting to see who they highlight and how on the WTA. I have a feeling that both Jojo and Caila will get screen time. This is all JMO.

Last edited by albean99 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:56 am

I have no clue how they'd turn around JoJo's 'scars' if she's the F2. They've been promoting this shocking ending so much it's ruined JoJo's shot at being the bette. Jmo.

I'm guessing it's Caila.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 84 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 65 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+75
teamjanner
johannax
dedré
limoncello
Miyala