SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 49 of 65 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 57 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

tunein - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by angie803 Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:36 am

KW posted a pic of his medal on his twitter feed stating, "For all of those asking,this is a pic of the medal I asked Jasmine to hold onto.Unless this is an old photo,does this mean she gave the medal back to him?Just thought it was curious.

angie803

Back to top Go down

tunein - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by djogbenyuie Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:46 am

He probably has pictures of the medal or she sent him the picture. It's not necessary that she gave it back. Right?

He also put a pic on instagram with the caption "beard approved". By who KW? By who?
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:48 am

angie803 wrote:KW posted a pic of his medal on his twitter feed stating, "For all of those asking,this is a pic of the medal I asked Jasmine to hold onto.Unless this is an old photo,does this mean she gave the medal back to him?Just thought it was curious.

I suspect it's a current photo because whatever happened, I'd expect him to have it back by now.  Jasmine obviously would have given it back if she didn't choose him, and even if she did, I still think she would have returned it.  

It was a touching gesture of him to give it to her and got his point across about how he felt about her, but it's not like a bracelet or necklace - medals belong with the people who earned them and IMO Jasmine would realise this.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:03 am

I agree with everything everyone has said on this thread. I think there was a shift after Ben H's season where we saw the F2 on par with the F1 in likability stakes and a move to make the F2 and not the F3 as the next bachelorette/bachelor. I fear that the F2 getting the "nicer" edit than the F1 in some cases, is going to hurt viewership as we have seen in Australia with plummeting ratings for the bachelorette.

If their intention is to grab the hearts of viewers, they are in fact doing that, just with the wrong person. They will need to swiftly get back on the love bandwagon before the franchise systemically implodes on itself. Promoting the F1 and their love story with the lead will be a start. The fact of the matter is, if you compare the edit of Mikhel and Kevin, Mikhel is being seen as the all round nice guy with an accepting family in comparison to Kevin who has been seen as overtly jealous, insecure, hanging with the "villain" with a snarky mother to boot. As well as the fact they had an argument on camera and Jas saying " i feel that he is treating this as a game". It doesn't translate well for a lot of viewers and the producers may need to start bracing themselves for the backlash that will ensue when Kevin is picked. This isn't even mentioning the official SM pages highlighting and the heavy promotion of the F2 & sometimes F3 over the F1. Locking them into the subconscious and hearts of fans as the winner. Is it right that there is backlash from viewers towards the Lead in these cases? No, as the Lead will inevitably pick who they have fallen in love with. However when you misdirect the viewer into seeing only the good characteristics of the F2 and in some cases a greater love story with the F2 whilst hiding the real one with the F1, you can wholeheartedly understand why the audience is so disappointed with the outcome. And giving the F1 redemption at HTD by getting them to say I love you, as has been the case in the last few seasons internationally, to me doesn't cut it. Its no where near enough traction for the audience to bring them up to speed to a love story that has been missing and character flaws that are being shown at every turn. I think the producers need to go back to the original concept and wake up IMO or viewers may not be around to see anymore final roses handed out.

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:20 am

Fifty wrote:I agree with everything everyone has said on this thread. I think there was a shift after Ben H's season where we saw the F2 on par with the F1 in likability stakes and a move to make the F2 and not the F3 as the next bachelorette/bachelor. I fear that the F2 getting the "nicer" edit than the F1 in some cases, is going to hurt viewership as we have seen in Australia with plummeting ratings for the bachelorette.  

If their intention is to grab the hearts of viewers, they are in fact doing that, just with the wrong person.  They will need to swiftly get back on the love bandwagon before the franchise systemically implodes on itself.  Promoting the F1 and their love story with the lead will be a start.   The fact of the matter is, if you compare the edit of Mikhel and Kevin,  Mikhel is being seen as the all round nice guy with an accepting family in comparison to Kevin who has been seen as overtly jealous, insecure, hanging with the "villain" with a snarky mother to boot. As well as the fact they had an argument on camera and Jas saying " i feel that he is treating this as a game".   It doesn't translate well for a lot of viewers and the producers may need to start bracing themselves for the backlash that will ensue when Kevin is picked. This isn't even mentioning the official SM pages highlighting and the heavy promotion of the F2 & sometimes F3 over the F1.  Locking them into the subconscious and hearts of fans as the winner. Is it right that there is backlash from viewers towards the Lead in these cases? No, as the Lead will inevitably pick who they have fallen in love with. However when you misdirect the viewer into seeing only the good characteristics of the F2 and in some cases a greater love story with the F2 whilst hiding the real one with the F1, you can wholeheartedly understand why the audience is so disappointed with the outcome.  And giving the F1 redemption at HTD by getting them to say I love you, as has been the case in the last few seasons internationally, to me doesn't cut it.  Its no where near enough traction for the audience to bring them up to speed to a love story that has been missing and character flaws that are being shown at every turn.  I think the producers need to go back to the original concept and wake up IMO or viewers may not be around to see anymore final roses handed out.

Amazing post. I agree 100%
Because of Richie's season, i've been way less invested in Georgia's season. I was too scared to root for the wrong person looool.
I remember Ali's season where the FIR was also the F1 and we still see the love story and it was still fun to watch even for those rooting for other contestants.
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:44 am

djogbenyuie wrote:
Fifty wrote:I agree with everything everyone has said on this thread. I think there was a shift after Ben H's season where we saw the F2 on par with the F1 in likability stakes and a move to make the F2 and not the F3 as the next bachelorette/bachelor. I fear that the F2 getting the "nicer" edit than the F1 in some cases, is going to hurt viewership as we have seen in Australia with plummeting ratings for the bachelorette.  

If their intention is to grab the hearts of viewers, they are in fact doing that, just with the wrong person.  They will need to swiftly get back on the love bandwagon before the franchise systemically implodes on itself.  Promoting the F1 and their love story with the lead will be a start.   The fact of the matter is, if you compare the edit of Mikhel and Kevin,  Mikhel is being seen as the all round nice guy with an accepting family in comparison to Kevin who has been seen as overtly jealous, insecure, hanging with the "villain" with a snarky mother to boot. As well as the fact they had an argument on camera and Jas saying " i feel that he is treating this as a game".   It doesn't translate well for a lot of viewers and the producers may need to start bracing themselves for the backlash that will ensue when Kevin is picked. This isn't even mentioning the official SM pages highlighting and the heavy promotion of the F2 & sometimes F3 over the F1.  Locking them into the subconscious and hearts of fans as the winner. Is it right that there is backlash from viewers towards the Lead in these cases? No, as the Lead will inevitably pick who they have fallen in love with. However when you misdirect the viewer into seeing only the good characteristics of the F2 and in some cases a greater love story with the F2 whilst hiding the real one with the F1, you can wholeheartedly understand why the audience is so disappointed with the outcome.  And giving the F1 redemption at HTD by getting them to say I love you, as has been the case in the last few seasons internationally, to me doesn't cut it.  Its no where near enough traction for the audience to bring them up to speed to a love story that has been missing and character flaws that are being shown at every turn.  I think the producers need to go back to the original concept and wake up IMO or viewers may not be around to see anymore final roses handed out.

Amazing post. I agree 100%
Because of Richie's season, i've been way less invested in Georgia's season. I was too scared to root for the wrong person looool.
I remember Ali's season where the FIR was also the F1 and we still see the love story and it was still fun to watch even for those rooting for other contestants.

Yes.  Yes.  Yes.  I agree All of the above.  

In addition to the frustrating concealment/misdirection element, another thing I am seeing more and more of is a sense of over-promotion of F2 or F3, presumably with the goal of setting them up as the next Bachelor/Bachelorette.  

That's another reason I think Kevin is most likely F1 - they've shown too many of his 'flaws' with the jealousy and the (putting it politely) 'overprotective' mother for him to be the next Bach.  IMO he's been portrayed as a good match for Jasmine, but not 'prime dating material' in general, if you get my drift.

Whereas Mikhel and Mike have had superb edits IMO, barely a chink in the armour of either guy and I think viewers would be happy for either to be Lead in the next series.  Someone suggested upthread that TPTB are using SM to gauge which of the two would be more popular and I think that's spot on.

It's like TPTB are always thinking one step/season ahead, as if this Bachette is doubling as a really long pre-season ad for the next Bachelor!  IMO they need to bring it back to basics and focus more on the love story in the current show.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:39 am

Absolutely @Bobette the problem with the constant misdirection, the stellar "good guy" editing and SM overload for the F2/F3 is people become invested in the lead that they have set up for not 1 but 2 seasons which then sets them up for backlash for their own season if the producers continue with this formula. The other issue they will encounter is that viewers will and have cottoned on to it so like us many are now predicting the F1 because of all of the above. Tricky business but inevitably time to go back to basics as you said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:11 am

Fifty wrote:Absolutely @Bobette the problem with the constant misdirection, the stellar "good guy" editing and SM overload for the F2/F3 is people become invested in the lead that they have set up for not 1 but 2 seasons which then sets them up for backlash for their own season if the producers continue with this formula.  The other issue they will encounter is that viewers will and have cottoned on to it so like us many are now predicting the F1 because of all of the above. Tricky business but inevitably time to go back to basics  as you said.

And if KW is F1, there will be the condemnation of the relationship IMO from fans of the F2/F3 asking the Lead why didn't she choose F2/F3. This is happening too often on SM lately

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:21 am

According to a poster on The Bachelorette Canada's Facebook page, Jasmine is "settled in Toronto". 

Tanya Mann
She is settled in Toronto!.
Unlike1Reply · More · 9 hours ago

DeeDee Lynn
How do you know, her job /shop is in Whistler, near Pemberton outside of Vancouver. Also, I have watched many ER and ETTE shows, the U.S. ones where I live and some of the Australian ones also. They can't be seen together or "move house", due to paparazzi and social media being what it is, until the finale airs.
Edited · LikeReply · More · 9 hours ago

Tanya Mann
A friend of a friend told me the otger friend told her and she told me
LikeReply · More · 9 hours ago

DeeDee Lynn
Tanya Mann Uh huh. Okay.
Like1Reply · More · 9 hours ago

Tanya Mann
But both are from the T.O area so still really don't know but my guess is Kevin W.
LikeReply · More · 9 hours ago

Linda Powder
Where all the crazy people are. She DESERVES what she gets from that censored Kevin.
Like2Reply 

source

I disagree with the poster's comment that it could be either Mikhel or Kevin bc both are from the TO area. As far as I can tell, Mikhel still lives in Ottawa (Newmarket is just his HT like Waterloo is Kevin's HT). So if this poster's friend of a friend of a friend (laugh out loud) is right, it's Kevin ftw.

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:49 am

Idlemess wrote:
Fifty wrote:Absolutely @Bobette the problem with the constant misdirection, the stellar "good guy" editing and SM overload for the F2/F3 is people become invested in the lead that they have set up for not 1 but 2 seasons which then sets them up for backlash for their own season if the producers continue with this formula.  The other issue they will encounter is that viewers will and have cottoned on to it so like us many are now predicting the F1 because of all of the above. Tricky business but inevitably time to go back to basics  as you said.

And if KW is F1, there will be the condemnation of the relationship IMO from fans of the F2/F3 asking the Lead why didn't she choose F2/F3. This is happening too often on SM lately

Correct we saw it for both the Australian Bach and Ette season this year. With everyone invested in the F2's story as it is presented the backlash is real and phenomenal and should have been a wake up call for editing the Ette this season. But too little too late with slumped ratings and with viewers already predicting the F2 would be heartbroken which was the case. Hard to know if the Au series can come back from it yet or not unless the have the F2 as the bachelor IMO which is perhaps what they were wanting after all. The Leads and their F1 for this year being sacrificial lambs for boosted ratings next season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:50 am

Yup, exactly.  I hope the F2s and 3s enjoy their time in the sun because if they get signed up as Lead, the tables will surely turn!

Ironically, if TPTB want a truly surprising ending the biggest misdirect they could pull at this stage would be to have the F1 love story front and centre with no obstacles or issues, a stress-free HTD and celebrate it on social media with loving photos and vids.  
No one would believe they could possibly be F1!!!   cantstopl
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:02 am

Bobette wrote:

Yup, exactly.  I hope the F2s and 3s enjoy their time in the sun because if they get signed up as Lead, the tables will surely turn!

Ironically, if TPTB want a truly surprising ending the biggest misdirect they could pull at this stage would be to have the F1 love story front and centre with no obstacles or issues, a stress-free HTD and celebrate it on social media with loving photos and vids.  
No one would believe they could possibly be F1!!!   cantstopl

Correct but just wondering if that's the plan all along for next season if the heartbroken F2/F3 are the lead. It would mean boosted ratings from this year. Mind you we could have had that with Richie's season but that was probably the worst edit I have ever seen for an F1 ImO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 65 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 57 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+59
makeover
Love_is_Eternal
hawaiiangirl
primexi
Alanna
Just Looking
angie803
Bobette
Seabear
ilb123
bluwavz