SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

Page 6 of 79 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 42 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 6 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:35 am

I'm very surprised that the top 6-7 comments were people not being excited for Ben and hoping for Ben Z or Nick instead. It seemed like everyone on SM wanted Ben while the Bachelorette was ending/ BIP was airing.

I'm kind of neutral about Ben, TBH. He's obviously gorgeous and he seems to be a kind, well-liked, humble man. Yet, I'll be honest and say that I would always skip his scenes on the Bachelorette because he just seemed so boring, overly perfect, and almost rehearsed. I do like my guys a little bit more edgy and witty, but I don't think that's ever going to happen for the lead. I like to keep my expectations low anyways, since whenever my favorite has become the Bachelorette (it's never happened for the Bachelor), they've disappointed me in some way or another. The bar is pretty low, so I'm sure Ben will impress. As long as Ben doesn't treat his F1 like crap, he's better than the last two Bachelor, right? JMO.

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 6 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

Post by bluwavz Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:37 am

Hell if Ben can actually string a sentence together, he's better than the last two Bachelors.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:41 am

^Haha. True!

Ben would have to somehow really screw this up to not be in the top 5 of Bachelors. Let's be real, there have been a LOT of duds over the years. A lot.

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 6 87b72b10 The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 6 86669110 The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 6 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:45 am

I don't see how there's this notion that he's not as well liked as he once was though... He's been MIA for months... What has he done/said for him to rank his popularity down? Absolutely nothing. It's just the loosey goose'ys coming out of the word work at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:49 am

And yes, he was by farrr the fan favorite for the Bach over Ben Z and Nick. When the audition process was going on, I actually looked at mostly all of social media to see if the ladies had a preference for the lead, and 90% of them were hoping for it to be Ben H. So, right now, it's just the ones who "lost" that are trying to make their opinion known to the majority.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:57 am

It really doesn't matter, but I remember that Molly went to one of the earlier casting events and she said everyone she talked to wanted either Ben Z or Shawn (back when the spoiler was wrong). I think Ben H gained momentum more so during the end of the season. I think people are just kind of fickle and they want what they can't have and like complaining about what they do have. If Nick or Ben Z had been the Bachelor, we'd probably be seeing the same comments except about wanting Ben H instead. Happens every year! JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:03 am

nothatgirl wrote:It really doesn't matter, but I remember that Molly went to one of the earlier casting events and she said everyone she talked to wanted either Ben Z or Shawn (back when the spoiler was wrong). I think Ben H gained momentum more so during the end of the season. I think people are just kind of fickle and they want what they can't have and like complaining about what they do have. If Nick or Ben Z had been the Bachelor, we'd probably be seeing the same comments except about wanting Ben H instead. Happens every year! JMO.
"Want what they can't have" "Complaning about what they do have" And vice versa. You hit the nail on the head. I've found that people just like to complain. It's a hobby for some TBH. All they do is whine whine whine. So yes, you're right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:58 am

I think the "Perfect Ben/Ten" promos are likely part of the problem. (I personally find them annoying and OTT.) Nobody is perfect and knowing this show as we do, it just means he has nowhere to go but down. It's almost like they are setting him up for a fall.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:05 am

nothatgirl wrote:I'm very surprised that the top 6-7 comments were people not being excited for Ben and hoping for Ben Z or Nick instead. It seemed like everyone on SM wanted Ben while the Bachelorette was ending/ BIP was airing.

I'm kind of neutral about Ben, TBH. He's obviously gorgeous and he seems to be a kind, well-liked, humble man. Yet, I'll be honest and say that I would always skip his scenes on the Bachelorette because he just seemed so boring, overly perfect, and almost rehearsed. I do like my guys a little bit more edgy and witty, but I don't think that's ever going to happen for the lead. I like to keep my expectations low anyways, since whenever my favorite has become the Bachelorette (it's never happened for the Bachelor), they've disappointed me in some way or another. The bar is pretty low, so I'm sure Ben will impress. As long as Ben doesn't treat his F1 like crap, he's better than the last two Bachelor, right? JMO.

I think the bolded had something to do with the fact that he really was just playing along to get TB gig. To me is was crystal clear he had absolutely no interest in Kaitlyn and was just playing nice until it was all over. Hopefully we will see a more fully engaged Ben with at least one of his ladies if indeed he did fall as fast as RS is saying. Fingers crossed.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:53 pm

I think he probably did have some fun and edgy moments, but remember there were 2-3 players highlighted that season and Ben wasn't one of them laugh out loud.

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 6 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:41 pm

bluwavz wrote:Hell if Ben can actually string a sentence together, he's better than the last two Bachelors.
The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 6 3806527698 That's what I find so interesting about Bach USA.... the bar is set sooooo low that anyone looks good when they are compared to the worst.  giggling If only the leads were compared to the best leads or an ideal and go from there (which is how I will measure/compare Ben to that of Art Bach NZ, different franchise but still, leads choose how they behave).

As for stringing sentences together? Ben seems to talk okay... but was very stilted, IMO, on K's season and was terrible towards the end... it was so very obvious he was reading cue cards/lines. On the other hand, this bodes very well for when Ben is not "acting"... it likely will be seen as more genuine or real and that's what I care about more anyway (and to me why I thought his date with Lauren B solidified her as F1 based on his BL).  :Nod:

I have yet to have a Bach USA lead that is a fave or whom I like... what I care most about is whether the lead is 1) genuine and 2) not overtly physical. At the moment my desire to see a Bach USA lead that I really cheer for is making me overlook things and hope for the best with Ben. Will see...
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:52 pm

We won't know how Ben does until we see the show. I don't watch any of the other Bach shows and don't really see the point in comparing him to one of their Bachelors. I saw a little edge in him so don't think he'll be boring at least plus he's easy to look at IMO.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 79 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 42 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

+64
rc49ers
Ash2214
megaa
officeRules
sanlee088
Al
ironcat
soccermom333
Norcalgal
SLA44
california90