SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

Page 9 of 79 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

Post by mysthelma Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:22 am

Sprite wrote:I think the "Perfect Ben/Ten" promos are likely part of the problem. (I personally find them annoying and OTT.) Nobody is perfect and knowing this show as we do, it just means he has nowhere to go but down. It's almost like they are setting him up for a fall.

Yeah I totally agree with this, no one is that perfect and promoting him as such is setting him up to fail on a show that he will be kissing and being intimate with multiple women, and granted his flaws will be magnified now that he is lead, and will make his fair share of mistakes
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

Post by mysthelma Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:25 am

mysthelma wrote:
Sprite wrote:I think the "Perfect Ben/Ten" promos are likely part of the problem. (I personally find them annoying and OTT.) Nobody is perfect and knowing this show as we do, it just means he has nowhere to go but down. It's almost like they are setting him up for a fall.

Yeah I totally agree with this, no one is that perfect and promoting him as such is setting him up to fail on a show that he will be kissing and being intimate with multiple women, and granted his flaws will be magnified now that he is lead, and will make his fair share of mistakes

For his sake I hope they are not setting him up, and edit him to be another epic fail like " prince farming"
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:57 am

relaxing wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I also think some Bachelors from other countries benefit from there not being as much pressure, scrutiny, and eyes on them vs the US show. It's kind of a different animal.

:yes:  not to mention the way the US producers want the show to be, how they edit it and the degree of involvement in the story lines, which from what I've seen is very different than the international shows where they tend to allow most people to seem pretty genuine and likable vs the US version that bases it's whole promotion campaign on drama and craziness.  I do find the other countries versions much more likable and simple where you can just enjoy seeing who the lead clicks with most, more like the old days of our show.
To me, the bolded explains the difference in the US vs. International shows. The Bachelor has been on air in the US for nearly 14 years and 20 seasons. Aussie Bach launched September 2013, with 3 seasons and NZ Bach just started. If TPTB produced the same show for 14 years, who would watch?

I'm hopeful that viewers realize this is a "reality tv dating game/show" and don't use it as a guide on real world dating. Hugesmile I'm also hopeful that viewers don't base their morality on what they see on a highly edited tv show.

Good luck Ben!

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:39 pm

FLChica wrote:
relaxing wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I also think some Bachelors from other countries benefit from there not being as much pressure, scrutiny, and eyes on them vs the US show. It's kind of a different animal.

:yes:  not to mention the way the US producers want the show to be, how they edit it and the degree of involvement in the story lines, which from what I've seen is very different than the international shows where they tend to allow most people to seem pretty genuine and likable vs the US version that bases it's whole promotion campaign on drama and craziness.  I do find the other countries versions much more likable and simple where you can just enjoy seeing who the lead clicks with most, more like the old days of our show.
To me, the bolded explains the difference in the US vs. International shows. The Bachelor has been on air in the US for nearly 14 years and 20 seasons. Aussie Bach launched September 2013, with 3 seasons and NZ Bach just started. If TPTB produced the same show for 14 years, who would watch?

I'm hopeful that viewers realize this is a "reality tv dating game/show" and don't use it as a guide on real world dating. Hugesmile I'm also hopeful that viewers don't base their morality on what they see on a highly edited tv show.

Good luck Ben!
I agree so much with the bolded FLChica.  It's a fun show to watch for me, and the seasons where it isn't fun I have trouble sticking with.  Bring on the entertainment and a nice love story to go along with it, for me.  I appreciate that it's a show and the actions of the "characters" in that setting can't really be translated to real life judgements about these people.  They are nice looking people who wanted to get on tv and get a little fame.  I don't expect them to be perfect to be likable and I don't expect people applying to get on reality tv to be role models or some kind of moral compass to viewers.  It's guilty pleasure tv, IMO.

Of course, I prefer seasons where I like the lead and F1 and their relationship seems genuine which I think will be the case with Ben's season so excited for it to start.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:06 pm

I don't think that the unspoiled realize just how edited the show is. I didn't. It's what the general population refers to as a "reality show" so they assume, as do/did I, that these are real people acting as they really would in a strange environment such as it is. 

Everyone watching I assume realizes that there are varying possible different reasons for these contestants to want to come on this show but some are legitimately there to see if the lead is someone they may have a future with. 

The very idea that the "preferred seasons" is where the lead and F1's relationship are in fact genuine, tells me that the "characters" are in fact genuine because these same leads used to be one of these very same "contestants". The only thing that isn't real IMO is how the story is edited to slant/sway the opinions of the viewers to either liking or disliking contestants and/or leads by only showing certain sides of someone. The biggest untruth to me is the overdubbing that takes place by adding/omitting a word or words spoken by a contestant/lead and moving it to appear somewhere else in the story. 

While the viewer knows these young people's emotions are likely heightened in this environment, as well as watching them drink  copious amounts of booze, combined with the type of people they choose to put together on a particular season makes for more drama/entertainment, in no way does it make these people unreal. Jmo
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by loveactually9 Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:53 pm

To anyone who might remember from years past, when do they release the bios of the girls?

loveactually9

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:56 pm

^It depends. Some are released around the beginning of December, the first or second week usually. For Sean's season they were out in September which I believe was the earliest.

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 9 87b72b10 The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 9 86669110 The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 9 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by loveactually9 Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:58 pm

umngirl wrote:^It depends. Some are released around the beginning of December, the first or second week usually. For Sean's season they were out in September which I believe was the earliest.  

Thanks! Wow can't believe that Sean's girls were released so early

loveactually9

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:03 pm

loveactually9 wrote:
umngirl wrote:^It depends. Some are released around the beginning of December, the first or second week usually. For Sean's season they were out in September which I believe was the earliest.  

Thanks! Wow can't believe that Sean's girls were released so early

It was crazy early. But it worked in his benefit because he used Cat's bio to pick which of the LCD she got (riding elephants in Thailand was on her bucket list).

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 9 87b72b10 The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 9 86669110 The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 9 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by loveactually9 Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:08 pm

Wait they were released before he even left for filming?? That's so crazy I almost don't believe it even though you're telling me and I know you're right laugh out loud

loveactually9

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:24 pm

loveactually9 wrote:Wait they were released before he even left for filming?? That's so crazy I almost don't believe it even though you're telling me and I know you're right laugh out loud

No he looked at the bios while they were in Thailand. Cassie (producer) had allowed him his iPad to listen to music and he snuck a peek at her bio. Oh and then face timed two of his best friends. Lol

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:44 pm

Cassandra was hanging out with Lauren H (they both live in Michigan.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 79 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

+64
rc49ers
Ash2214
megaa
officeRules
sanlee088
Al
ironcat
soccermom333
Norcalgal
SLA44
california90