SELECT CONTENT

Favourite Oldies - Movies - Shows - Music - Traditions

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favourite Oldies - Movies - Shows - Music - Traditions - Page 3 Empty Re: Favourite Oldies - Movies - Shows - Music - Traditions

Post by albean99 Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:55 pm

I compare Saskatoon to Edmonton in looks and agree that it's prettier, rhondam. Regina doesn't have any naturally growing trees and I heard the capital was supposed to be farther east but the politicians way back when had property in Regina and wanted the train to go through there. I enjoyed my stay there because of some good friends but didn't love the lack of hills nor the weather.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Favourite Oldies - Movies - Shows - Music - Traditions - Page 3 Empty Re: Favourite Oldies - Movies - Shows - Music - Traditions

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:57 pm

Any Hitchcock or Jimmy Stewart fans out there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:13 pm

Big time Jimmy Stewart fan. As far as Hitchcock goes, I've seen a bunch of his work and he was amazing at what he did. His real life persona ruins a lot of it for me, though. It's the same thing with me and Woody Allen films. It's so hard to seperate the person from the director.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:14 pm

Oh yeah DA! My family always watched Alfred Hitchcock when I was younger. Hmm maybe that's where I got the horror movie enjoyment! laugh out loud

rhondam: I loved Hart to Hart as well. They were so perfect together.

Also, Soap! That show killed me, it was so funny. It wasn't on very long.

Favourite Oldies - Movies - Shows - Music - Traditions - Page 3 220px-Soap_title_screen

wikimedia.org

rhondam wrote:GA, I wondered what type of music did ex-hub's band play?

He was in an Italian band. They played at wedding and dances. He was in the band with all the original guys for over 25 yrs. He remarried to a, well lets say someone not so nice as me, Smiley and he quit! I guess she didn't have friends to play cards with. Smiley

snipped..

Sprite wrote:It is a small world. We were only in Regina for 6 months. Six months of snow! We arrived in December and left in June and it seemed as if the snow finally melted when we were leaving. We moved to Oakville, Ontario after but I still remember it so vividly. My favourite was that first night driving to my aunt's and uncle's house in all the snow and seeing all the Christmas lights on the houses. I had never seen anything like it and it was so magical. Still love seeing the Christmas lights and all the decorations!

You're like 45 minutes from me!! My nephew married a Croatian girl. Lovely family, very similar traditions as Italians. The Christmas lights are fantastic this year. I think because we've had good weather, I'm not mentioning the S word, everyone went OTT. It's so pretty, I love seeing all the lights when I'm driving at night.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:56 am

Big Al Hitchcock fan, too. In my area we have Twilight Zone and AH marathons here every NYE on tv.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:57 am

GA my parents still live in Oakville, but I am living in London now. Are you in the Hamilton area?

Another Hitchcock fan here. I still say The Birds is the scariest movie ever. Your odds of being eaten by sharks or attacked by murderous crazies is pretty small, but those birds are everywhere! Maybe Kaitlyn watched the movie and that is where she got her bird phobia?

Also love Rear Window, North by Northwest, Rebecca, The Lady Vanishes, 39 Steps, Dial M for Murder, To Catch a Thief.

Other favourites include Laura, The Third Man, Sabrina, Charade, The Thin Man series, and pretty much most of the screwball comedies...Some Like it Hot, Bringing up Baby, It Happened One Night. Now I may have to go and re-watch some of these.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:15 am

Scariest movie ever to me was the 1973 version of Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. Favourite Oldies - Movies - Shows - Music - Traditions - Page 3 1f631
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:52 am

Sprite: right I got confused with the Oakville reference. Smiley I'm in the Niagara Region.

I didn't now about the AH and Twilight marathons on NYE? I'll have to look out for it.

Don't be Afraid of the Dark! Yipes! That was so scary!

Who could forget AH's Psycho! That screeching music in the shower scene rung in my ears for so long! laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:55 am

Big Jimmy Stewart fan!! yes
Funny enough, Bach NZ Art Green actually reminds me of him a bit.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:58 am

I think the scariest movie I ever saw was The Birds. Whatever Happened to Baby Jane and Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte were very close seconds and thirds.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:26 pm

Sprite wrote:GA my parents still live in Oakville, but I am living in London now. Are you in the Hamilton area?

Another Hitchcock fan here. I still say The Birds is the scariest movie ever. Your odds of being eaten by sharks or attacked by murderous crazies is pretty small, but those birds are everywhere! Maybe Kaitlyn watched the movie and that is where she got her bird phobia?

Also love Rear Window, North by Northwest, Rebecca, The Lady Vanishes, 39 Steps, Dial M for Murder, To Catch a Thief.

Other favourites include Laura, The Third Man, Sabrina, Charade, The Thin Man series, and pretty much most of the screwball comedies...Some Like it Hot, Bringing up Baby, It Happened One Night. Now I may have to go and re-watch some of these.

I cannot do scary movies at all. If I have to watch, then every muscle is tensed up the whole time! I somehow did see The Birds or part of it and it was horribly terrifying to me because I too have a bird phobia. So does my sister. It really is only the flapping sound and the swooping towards us that's freaks us out. People don't understand this fear and it is quite embarrassing to uncover your head and stand up from being in a huddled ball on the sidewalk to find everyone on both sides of the street staring at you! I'm sure we look especially hilarious when it's both of us! I have to think ours began when we were little kids and a bird (sparrow I think) somehow flew down our chimney and was flying around the house frantically and my dad freaked out and took off out the back door leaving us there. I mean we followed close behind but I think we learned to be petrified. And I have a cat phobia too but not kittens. so does my mom but not my sister.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:10 pm

I never really liked the horror movies and was terrified of vampires when I was a kid. I have seen a couple of Hitchcock movies and the Birds probably scared me the most. I loved Rear Window and Jimmy Stewart in general.

It's that time of year to watch "It's a Wonderful Life". I love the old Christmas movies best. "White Christmas" is one we watch every couple of years. The old "Miracle on 34 St" with a young Natalie Wood is one of my favorites and of course there's "A Christmas Carol". There's lots of newer Christmas movies and one we watch every year is "Love Actually".

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Favourite Oldies - Movies - Shows - Music - Traditions

+9
Linds911
AllAboutLove
rhondam
KB_Mom
Kashathediva