SELECT CONTENT

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 77 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

me - Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 77 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:03 am

To me half Persian or half Asian = same difference. JMO

Back to top Go down

me - Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 77 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Kashathediva Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:55 am

I agree with you Sophie. 
I don't like judging a book by it's cover.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:56 am

bellehuntley wrote:WTA was also where she won me over - it made me really want her to be next lead, I just thought she was very real, and she came across as a very calm, kind and down to earth person

WTA convinced me she was no way getting the lead. She shined way brighter in season and that blue outfit just did nothing for her. I bet they would have put her in something a bit flashier if she was lead. I just thought she was a little sad sack on WTA.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:59 am

sophienette wrote:To me half Persian or half Asian = same difference. JMO

The US Federal government does not classify these origins as one in the same and only Caila would fit the definition of minority, IMO.  However, definition of "woman of color" may be different.  Not to get far off topic but wanted to clarify what the standards for data collection is in the US are.
Source:  US Census Bureau

It would be interesting to know, what TPTB use as their guidelines to ensure minority participation in TB.
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:04 am

MiniDiva wrote:

The US Federal government does not classify these origins as one in the same and only Caila would fit the definition of minority, IMO.  However, definition of "woman of color" may be different.  Not to get far off topic but wanted to clarify what the standards for data collection is in the US are.

It would be interesting to know, what TPTB use as their guidelines to ensure minority participation in TB.

Thanks for this interesting titbit.

I still think going Asian or Black.... full or half would have been a change, but eh thats just me

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:55 am

For me, if they pick Jojo (who's visually white) as has been spoiled by GA, she wouldn't count as a minority while Caila would. I'd like to see an Asian or Black lead but guess it's not happening anytime soon if ever.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15322

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:28 pm

Caila has been actively involved in the Filipino community and clubs before and after filming the Bachelor. Caila looks and is Asian regardless of being mixed race.  Her ethnicity was part of her storyline. JoJo is white, looks white and nothing was mentioned in her storyline about diversity. IMO one is diverse and the other is not.  Clearly diversity means nothing to TPTB/ABC.  If they try to sell that angle for JoJo it will be Fake. Diversity for Caila is her real life.  The general populace looks at Caila and sees Asian, they look at JoJo and see white.  Caila would have been a wonderful Lead.  But I'll watch JoJo and her professional reality TV family continue their audition for their own show/series.

JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:45 pm

sophienette wrote:
see2love wrote:Well seems Jojo reall will be the new lead. What happened to going with  minority race? I would have preferred someone different from the "same" we have had. hmmm

Well Jojo is half Persian. Does Minority only mean different colour skin States side?

I've said this before, but my thinking is if you have to explain why the lead is diverse, then they really aren't. It was the same with JPab. JMO, but I think when the public are asking for a diversity on the show (and tptb are being sued for lack of said diversity), they are looking for visible minorities, not people you have to explain are a minority.

Last edited by Sprite on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:13 pm

MiniDiva wrote:

North African and middle Eastern = Caucasian? wow, color me surprised! Def not the case in Europe!

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:19 pm

I hope Caila signed a contract and will get some type of financial compensation if she isn't the Bachelorette.  She deserves something for her "pain and suffering" JMO

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:20 pm

jen689 wrote:I hope Caila signed a contract and will get some type of financial compensation if she isn't the Bachelorette.  She deserves something for her "pain and suffering" JMO

Unless she never wanted the role and just played along with being foiler? We have no clue about any pain and suffering except for her being heartbroken over Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:21 pm

Is she on sm today?
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+74
agentcurls
Lily
Maggenzm
dyra
Idlemess