SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #3 - Discussion

Page 17 of 80 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 48 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #3 - Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #3 - Discussion

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:08 pm

Sprite wrote:

(Snipped to shorten quotes)

For me, there is nothing to admire from Kaitlyn. Her drinking, her lack of motivation, her constantly seeking validation from fans and her negativity towards those who aren't, not admirable. Even that IDGAF attitude is not so admirable to me. You can still do your own thing without the rudeness that she displays. I may have missed it as I really don't follow along too much, but I haven't even seen any type of charity work that she is involved in and it's not like she doesn't have time. I guess the fantasy of a life of doing as you please without any responsibilities is tempting....to a degree...but, after a while, I would think it just becomes an empty, shallow existence and that is all I am seeing from Kaitlyn at the moment.

I totally get your perspective too Sprite, and I can see why Kaitlyn is not everyone's cup of tea.

Just to clarify my point of view, I don't find her admirable either, nor have I ever felt that about her or really anyone from this show, TBH. For me, I don't really hold reality tv contestants to a high standard and just go on personal preference of if I enjoy watching them and they entertain mean the show and if I'm interested enough to follow them post show. For me Kaitlyn ticks those boxes. No admiration here though.

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #3 - Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #3 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:31 am

relaxing wrote:
Sprite wrote:

(Snipped to shorten quotes)

For me, there is nothing to admire from Kaitlyn. Her drinking, her lack of motivation, her constantly seeking validation from fans and her negativity towards those who aren't, not admirable. Even that IDGAF attitude is not so admirable to me. You can still do your own thing without the rudeness that she displays. I may have missed it as I really don't follow along too much, but I haven't even seen any type of charity work that she is involved in and it's not like she doesn't have time. I guess the fantasy of a life of doing as you please without any responsibilities is tempting....to a degree...but, after a while, I would think it just becomes an empty, shallow existence and that is all I am seeing from Kaitlyn at the moment.

I totally get your perspective too Sprite, and I can see why Kaitlyn is not everyone's cup of tea.  

Just to clarify my point of view, I don't find her admirable either, nor have I ever felt that about her or really anyone from this show, TBH.  For me, I don't really hold reality tv contestants to a high standard and just go on personal preference of if I enjoy watching them and they entertain mean the show and if I'm interested enough to follow them post show.  For me Kaitlyn ticks those boxes. No admiration here though.

I get you. I don't follow anyone from this show...other than on here. I don't have the time or the desire and truth be told, I spend way too much time here as it is. Personally, I don't find her in any way entertaining. As a matter a fact, I just find her rather annoying and kind of sad and pathetic. I can't in any way relate to someone who seems so narcissistic and entitled to me. I found her entertaining on Chris' season and was actually looking forward to her as the Bette. That was OK. Not as good and fun as I had hoped, but it is an edited show, so...whatever. It is her post show cr*p that pretty much sealed the deal for me.

I guess I just don't get the current desire to share every waking moment of one's life with the world. It just seems so shallow and self absorbed and frankly, most of the stuff that I see people posting is boring. That includes some of my friends who also over share. I got to the point where I don't even bother reading their stuff...just scroll past it. I'm watching this season of AR and it is all SM people. They have their own little shows giving make up tips, doing magic, sports stuff, etc. and they have fans who recognize them from all over the world. I just shake my head. There was a father and daughter team there and the father is a lawyer and a doctor, who when they were kicked off the last episode said that his daughter who is a YouTuber Beauty Guru, is more successful than him. That is just screwy...and scary.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:05 pm

So on bootstowe's SC this weekend they actually announced that they are so in for crashing a bachelorette party around Nashville and they provided a gmail account to reach them out laugh out loud . These two really have a lot of time on their hands aren't they? laugh out loud. I wonder if at some point they ever think of maybe spend time to start doing wedding planning since not enough time is their main problem that seems not their main problem laugh out loud .I know not rushing is good although we know they seem their real reason they are not ready. jmo.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #3 - Discussion - Page 17 Eb97c9
Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #3 - Discussion - Page 17 9zt107Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #3 - Discussion - Page 17 XgicucKaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #3 - Discussion - Page 17 Oaw2uvKaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #3 - Discussion - Page 17 2pqw5k8Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #3 - Discussion - Page 17 30szzauKaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #3 - Discussion - Page 17 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:08 pm

lovebites8727 wrote:So on bootstowe's SC this weekend they actually announced that they are so in for crashing a bachelorette party around Nashville and they provided a gmail account to reach them out laugh out loud . These two really have a lot of time on their hands aren't they? laugh out loud. I wonder if at some point they ever think of maybe spend time to start doing wedding planning since not enough time is their main problem that seems not their main problem laugh out loud .I know not rushing is good although we know they seem their real reason they are not ready. jmo.

IMO they're waiting for the show to offer them a free wedding (and get money on top of it). All of their answers to questions are BS, IMO. If the show called today and offered them a free wedding, they'd accept it on the spot.

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:29 pm

DebutAlbum wrote:
lovebites8727 wrote:So on bootstowe's SC this weekend they actually announced that they are so in for crashing a bachelorette party around Nashville and they provided a gmail account to reach them out laugh out loud . These two really have a lot of time on their hands aren't they? laugh out loud. I wonder if at some point they ever think of maybe spend time to start doing wedding planning since not enough time is their main problem that seems not their main problem laugh out loud .I know not rushing is good although we know they seem their real reason they are not ready. jmo.

IMO they're waiting for the show to offer them a free wedding (and get money on top of it). All of their answers to questions are BS, IMO. If the show called today and offered them a free wedding, they'd accept it on the spot.

I don't know about that. Chris Harrison mentioned in his AOL Build interview that Tanner and Jade's wedding was actually initially offered to Boothstowe, but they turned it down because they weren't ready and Janner jumped on the opportunity. I just don't think actually being married is high priority for these free spirits, and you know what? THAT'S OK! These two obviously march to their own drum. They aren't my cup of tea, but whatever. They are who they are. I actually thought offering to crash a Bachelorette party in Nashville seemed very fitting for something they'd do, and kind of fun and a nice gesture. So whatever.

I also don't think they'll be offered a TV wedding. IF ABC offers a wedding to anyone, I think it will go to BenLo. And soon a 3rd new couple will be unveiled - JoJo and new guy, so I think Kaitlyn and Shawn, if they were to get their TV wedding, missed their opportunity in January. But, I also get the impression they just don't care.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:00 pm

Very interesting about the Janner wedding being offered to Kaitlyn and Shawn first! Didn't Jade and Tanner have barely any notice at all? I get why they'd decline if it was like 2 weeks notice.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #3 - Discussion - Page 17 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:58 pm

I don't even believe it regardless of what Chris Manson says. He is a liar many times shown over.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:54 pm

He also said that Tanner and Jade might not wait for a wedding on BIP the following summer because they were ready. So I find it hard to believe they offered K&S a wedding when they knew Tanner and Jade were already discussing weddings well before the premier in the summer compared to K&S who were not committing to a date.

This is dated a couple weeks after Tanner's proposal. They got married in Feb/16.
“I don’t think we can make it to next summer,” admitted host Chris Harrison during an interview this week on the HuffPost podcast “Here to Make Friends.” “I don’t think they’ll wait for us.”
Huffingtonpost.com

K&S have no intentions of getting married IMO and that's ok, nothing wrong with that. Any bride that's excited about getting married will use SM to express their excitement and offer tid bits of wedding details. K hasn't done that. She's good at joking about it and throwing shade at those who ask.

They'll continue crashing wedding's and parties IMO because that's a reason to have a few beverages and s/chat their ridiculous behaviour. Not my life style choice, it's their choice, and that's all that matters.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71483

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:09 pm

From everything Kaitlyn and Shawn have said - I don't think they consider their "engagement" to be a real engagement. They have said repeatedly that they only knew each other for 10 weeks before they got engaged, so now they aren't rushing things. It's been almost a year. Kaitlyn will joke about wedding stuff, but she doesn't do any of the wedding talk like others have (leads or contestants). They have also gone on record as saying Shawn will propose again (for real, IMO) when the time is right. Some might consider this the more realistic approach.

This is not to say I don't think they are commited to each other. They are Kaitlyn and Shawn, and they are doing their own thing.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:15 pm

Also I kind of believe CH on this one. I know he's a liar, but if given the choice, I think they would have preferred an "all star" Bach/ette couple to tie the knot on the anniversary special over D-list BIP/spin off couple (who didn't even get much air time!) They didn't televise Des and Chris' wedding, so who cares if Tanner and Jade (like Blake and Holly before them) got married off camera before next summer? I don't think ABC would care at all.

Tanner and Jade were, IMO, the second choice. They lucked out! I just don't see how CH/TPTB benefit at all from this one by lying and saying they asked Boothstowe first but they turned it down. Like why? And why WOULDN'T the show want to marry off a Bachelorette before Tanner (who barely had any air time on either season) and Jade? Even if it was a throw out offer that Boothstowe immediately turned down (don't blame them, if they aren't ready, they aren't ready), I still believe the feelers went out to them first.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:44 pm

IA with GA and don't think K&S were offered a TV wedding. K wasn't offered DWTS either from what was stated by DWTS TPTB so I think the show decided to go with a couple they liked and had on After Paradise Live show gifting Jade and Tanner with gifts. One of those was a TV wedding, imo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:00 pm

They have never offered a Bachelorette a spot on DWTS (Trista doesn't count- 1st season, a long time ago, and it was a couple years after her season). Kaitlyn wasn't an anomaly on that one. They have, however, offered TV weddings to Bachelorettes in the past.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 80 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 48 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #3 - Discussion

+86
lleyki
StationWagon
TheWrongReasons
coolangel
just2relax