SELECT CONTENT

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Page 12 of 79 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 45 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

pnw - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4 - Page 12 Empty Re: Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:39 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
ForeverLove wrote:Doesn't the lead suggest what kind of suitors they are looking for, and then the producers find that specific with a few added in fluff fillers?

IMO that's conceptually true but I think the ratio is differently skewed. They pick a cast of girls around which they can create drama and slot into somewhat defined roles. Like an Olivia (and before her a Tierra). Most of the cast falls into this category. But they also cast a few who are good matches with the lead. IMO they try to make sure that the lead knows who to keep and get to know so a good match doesn't get passed over at an early RC and sent home before the lead gets to know them. IMO there's a lot more interaction between the lead and the producers than we ever are shown.

So Lauren coming out first from the limo, was that intentional for a reason? Even giving her a pic of their first meeting. Was that producer driven to keep Lauren around ? Because that was a special gesture. Even where they talked for the first two episodes. They found private places and no interruptions . Not even Olivia could find them .

Back to top Go down

pnw - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4 - Page 12 Empty Re: Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Post by AmoreBella Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:00 pm

Isn't it a little odd that in one picture the tables behind Lauren and Ben are full with people and the other there is no one sitting at the tables.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB-P-maj2m-/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB-d3Ssj2kc/

AmoreBella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:21 pm

Even the box on the right is different . Maybe the two in the table behind left saying, get a room already! giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by dyra Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:36 pm

AmoreBella wrote:Isn't it a little odd that in one picture the tables behind Lauren and Ben are full with people and the other there is no one sitting at the tables.

Kiss kiss kiss ya please get a room both of you laugh out loud

pnw - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4 - Page 12 OGx1L45

#TeamLaurenB

gif by benandlaurenb4ever
dyra
dyra

Female Posts : 828

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:50 pm

AmoreBella wrote:Isn't it a little odd that in one picture the tables behind Lauren and Ben are full with people and the other there is no one sitting at the tables.

All I can think about is the donuts!!! eyedrool
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:58 pm

Maddy wrote:pnw - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4 - Page 12 12677711_146461275739955_1336150180_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE4ODYxNzE5NTc0NDgwNzI4MA%3D%3D
acaciacici When The Bachelor comes to Portland but they crop you out of the photo because you take away from the romance.... #iwish #thebachelor #magicinthehole #donutislove #benthebachelor #notfamouslife #portland #pnw #portlandia #voodoodonuts #duckface #selfie #selfiequeen

Is that a bacon, maple donut? They are amazing!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:04 am

ForeverLove wrote:So  Lauren coming out first from the limo, was that intentional for a reason? Even giving her a pic of their first meeting. Was that producer driven to keep Lauren around ? Because that was a special gesture. Even where they talked for the first two episodes. They found private places and no interruptions . Not even Olivia could find them .

I've heard it said that TPTB feel the first out and the last out are more likely to be remembered by the lead. Often they will arrive in one order but shown in the episode in a different order. I think this time it actually was Lauren first because Ben said after meeting her "We're off to a good start".

TPTB certainly supplied the picture; it could have been Ben's idea to give it, or the producers idea that he give it.

TPTB will also give special consideration to the lead (if he's playing ball with them anyway) - if he wants alone time they'll tell him where he can go and make sure no one interrupts it. When you see someone interrupt - best bet is to consider that a producer sent them to interrupt.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:09 am

Thank you! So that really bodes well for Lauren as far as TPTB pointing her out by going first, and giving her alone time. Jojo needed a gimmick to get Ben's attention .

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:16 am

Adding to Lucas, it helps to watch for the women who the lead connects with on night one and then the women with whom he spends the most time. The lead identifies on night one his top 4. He usually gets the most time with these women. If you listen for "I'm not getting much time with him," or "we haven't had much time," those are clues that either the lead doesn't want that person or the show is not allowing a relationship to form.

The producers have the tremendous benefit of seeing Ben with all of the women. They can judge the girls and the relationships in comparison to each other and then steer Ben in the directions that they want.

Case in point: I think that Ben had a genuine interest in Jen. They connected on night 1 and the first group date (I think that she may have been his first kiss.) After Lauren's date, Jen started to have less time with Ben, and no 1:1 date. Jen fell off his radar b:c the show didn't prioritize that relationship by giving her time, IMO.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:29 am

veg_out wrote:They can judge the girls and the relationships in comparison to each other and then steer Ben in the directions that they want.

Not only during filming but also at the end. IIRC at one time Jason said in an interview (rare because he never talked very much about his season and how it ended) that at the end the producers were pushing him to pick Melissa and he felt that if he had had more time he wouldn't have gone that way. How different his season would have been had he decided differently the first time! If they did that to Jason I think they would do that to others as well. The lead can still make their own decision but IMO they have to be prepared to be forceful.
JMHO

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:42 am

Lucas15 wrote: The lead can still make their own decision but IMO they have to be prepared to be forceful.
JMHO

Exactly. That's one of the reasons that I think the show had such a hard time with Juan Pablo: He wasn't going to let anyone make him do something that he didn't want to do. They lost control with him, and they repaid him for his trouble with a horrible edit.

Most leads fall prey to the machinations of the producers, Stockholm Syndrome if you will. Though I don't think that all of the handlers and producers intend to cause harm to these people, I do believe that they commit to creating great TV first and foremost, come what may.

Ben could easily fall into their hands at the end of this season when emotions run high. If he sees the producers as his friends, he will trust them. Add to that his mom's input and his propensity to people please, and we have him walking the line that the show wanted him to walk down, thinking that he made the choice.

In this case, though, I think that Ben is gone over Lauren. He lucked out that the girl he wants is also, most likely, who the show wants him to pick.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:42 am

veg_out wrote:In this case, though, I think that Ben is gone over Lauren. He lucked out that the girl he wants is also, most likely, who the show wants him to pick.

I think so too, and I think further that the reason for it all goes above MF and the producers and up to ABC and the Disney execs that manage the network. Very recently there was a shakeup at ABC that resulted in the ouster of Paul Lee; Lee's replacement will report to Ben Sherwood, co-chairman, Disney Media Networks and president, Disney|ABC Television Group. I think Disney is more of a family oriented company and perhaps wasn't too thrilled with what happened on the last season of The Bachelorette, and told them to make more of a "feel good" season.

IMO that resulted in casting Ben as lead because Ben has a really nice guy persona and reputation (nothing bad has come out about him IIRC) and I can easily see ABC telling the show to find him someone to fall in love with. I think they lucked out with Lauren, and I think that this is the reason why this season seems to have been handed to viewers on a silver platter. It's what Disney wanted it to be and so they are trying to give Disney what they want and retain some semblance of the drama the show is known for.

JMHO

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 79 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 45 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

+92
benandlaurenb4ever
allicat
colie079
Ariela
Seo2