SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 18 of 80 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 49 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by bleuberry Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:00 pm

You all know I can't stand the desperado repeat reality show veterans, but I feel like this is just as delusional in the opposite direction laugh out loud.

It's a head scratcher for me.

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 18 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by sosleepy Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:08 pm

Eh. It's a State Assembly seat. It's not even the State Senate.
Not like he's going for governor. Lots of Joe Blows run for local stuff like this. Why not Ben? He's articulate. He's kind. He charasmatic. He's a good speaker. I really don't think it's honestly much of a head scratcher. I'm kind of with Juliet Litman. I saw this coming. It's just happening sooner than I thought it would.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:10 pm

I agreed with all of the political comments/comparisons, I just didn't think they meant literally, and after a couple months laugh out loud.

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 18 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:15 pm

I'm not understanding what the the enigma is. People go into politics everyday that have little to no experience in anything other than life.
They usually go on a platform of what they hope will better society.
It's similar to anything else one runs for.
Because you run, does not mean you will win. A losing experience is a learning curve and if the person is truly interested in that area they will learn and develop some expertise to make the next run a better one.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:45 pm

Alanna wrote:Yes, Jill is a designer, Travis is a real doctor, Jesse is a real sports player, and Ali went into entertainment. Ben thinks he can legitimately lead real people based on what, exactly? Okay. Good luck. If there's a breakup with Lauren, it'll make it even more hilarious and dramatic (political couple kaput!), which I'm all about. So I'm all for it too. All jmo.

Yup! Gonna put a strain on them for sure. jmo Hugesmile
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekAny Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:52 pm

How do you think he'll poll with women? giggling
SeekAny
SeekAny

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:10 pm

SeekAny wrote:How do you think he'll poll with women? giggling

Approval ratings have dropped following the 2 ILYs blunder. Hugesmile

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:17 pm

I can see Lauren being very supportive of this endeavor. Besides wedding planning and home decorating -- I think she could be a real asset helping with his campaign, too. This is the first Bachelor franchise couple that I have enjoyed and feel good about in quite awhile. I applaud Ben for wanting to make a difference, too. That being said, my political beliefs are not the same as Ben's -- so, I have some mixed feelings about it.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:27 pm

Someone's gonna have to work to support them while he's off shaking hands and holding baby's for pictures. I hope he's invested well over the years he's been working and saved all his bachelor money too.  If not, maybe they can share space with JJ in his parents house or maybe JJ can move in and share expenses with them.  laugh out loud

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:29 pm

bleuberry wrote:
SeekAny wrote:How do you think he'll poll with women? giggling

Approval ratings have dropped following the 2 ILYs blunder. Hugesmile

I was a little shocked by this but yes they did. Hope he knows what he he is getting into. Skeletons will come out for sure. fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 18 3806527698 I do think Lauren will be supportive though. I still think there will be a strain, but she will be supportive I bet.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:30 pm

SarahD wrote:Bachelor will always be where he met Lauren B.  
And I think that is all it does mean to Ben -  the way he met his future wife.

Everything else? I think it is just who Ben is outside of the show and who he likely always was.

From what I can gather, Ben already demonstrated his passion for community and helping people long before being the Bachelor so it is not surprise to me that he is still passionate about that still, Bachelor or not.

Win or lose, I think it is an admirable thing for Ben to do. It's for his local community and not like he is running for POTUS like some other psycho reality tv person.

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:31 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:Someone's gonna have to work to support them while he's off shaking hands and holding baby's for pictures. I hope he's invested well over the years he's been working and saved all his bachelor money too.  If not, maybe they can share space with JJ in his parents house or maybe JJ can move in and share expenses with them.  laugh out loud
I think a lot of people at this level keep their jobs. The guy that would step aside for Ben apparently runs a business.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 80 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 49 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom