SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 25 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 25 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:13 am

sosleepy wrote:And can I just say a "bad" picture for Lauren is still a nicer picture than most people's "best." For realz. What does Ben have to do? Only post magazine ready airbrushed moments? Even then, the trolls will feed.

Block, block, block, block, and then block some more. I think they need to start going there. And ignore, ignore, ignore, ignore, ignore.
Or take @kimberlyg's advice. They can also make their SM private. While I feel bad, it is just part of the game to the trolls.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 25 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by mindless Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:18 am

Some people need to learn to mind their own business. Lauren looks great! There's nothing wrong with being thinner than the average woman, since the average women is overweight these days. She's a naturally thin person and all I can say is good for her!
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:23 am

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
Cinn3 wrote:

It wasn't even JoJo fans necessarily though. It was just Ben's followers in general making those comments. I would say, out of the 500 comments, only 10 were "you should of picked JoJo because of THIS right here (her looking "bad"), 400 comments about her "bad" foundation, and 90 comments defending her against all the bullying.

Oh yes i read them and understand that they werent saying "u made a mistake" or "jojos better" but I still feel that these girls bashing Lauren are "team jojo" and thats just my gut instinct . ... now they r not saying so much about jojo but her appearance since it's caused a reply both from Lauren directly, Ben indirectly, and a lottttttt of fans directly defending her. But mostly prob the fans that keep defending her i know they do it out of love but its completely insane how the comments have gotten
Yeah I don't know. I just know most of the comments were about her foundation and then people trying to be slick by saying they'll only show up to the charity to donate money to her so she can clean up her looks... no no

I think Lauren certainly inflamed things here when she showed everyone her weak spot, but it's been 100% worse since JoJo's season started. Let's face it, if you are a Lauren and Ben fan, you aren't harping on her makeup foundation ad nauseum. It's a combination of: 1. Fans who don't pay attention in the off season are back and paying attention, 2. Some bitterness that Lauren is still with Ben, in Denver, making a life (whaaaaat??? It's June! The Bachelor couples are supposed to be dunzo by now!!!) and 3. JoJo is back on screen constantly, front and center and she's just the most beautiful, wonderful, most amazing person in the history of ever! She's on people's minds. And maybe throw in what RS is trying to sell. Could be a little bitterness.

@stuckinsc yes, they could make their accounts private. Then the fans truly lose here. Trolls win. That makes me sad. Of course, Ben and Lauren's priority shouldn't be the fans. But they have other reasons to have public accounts (potential political run; promoting charities like Humanity and Hope) and if they just completely shut 'er down, they'll start to get people questioning if there is trouble in paradise, ala Marcus and Lacy. They can't win.

Block, block, block, block.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:29 am

sosleepy wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
Cinn3 wrote:

Oh yes i read them and understand that they werent saying "u made a mistake" or "jojos better" but I still feel that these girls bashing Lauren are "team jojo" and thats just my gut instinct . ... now they r not saying so much about jojo but her appearance since it's caused a reply both from Lauren directly, Ben indirectly, and a lottttttt of fans directly defending her. But mostly prob the fans that keep defending her i know they do it out of love but its completely insane how the comments have gotten
Yeah I don't know. I just know most of the comments were about her foundation and then people trying to be slick by saying they'll only show up to the charity to donate money to her so she can clean up her looks... no no

I think Lauren certainly inflamed things here when she showed everyone her weak spot, but it's been 100% worse since JoJo's season started. Let's face it, if you are a Lauren and Ben fan, you aren't harping on her makeup foundation ad nauseum. It's a combination of: 1. Fans who don't pay attention in the off season are back and paying attention, 2. Some bitterness that Lauren is still with Ben, in Denver, making a life (whaaaaat??? It's June! The Bachelor couples are supposed to be dunzo by now!!!) and 3. JoJo is back on screen constantly, front and center and she's just the most beautiful, wonderful, most amazing person in the history of ever! She's on people's minds. And maybe throw in what RS is trying to sell. Could be a little bitterness.
Who knows. The end result is still the same though: Ben and/or Lauren aren't taking kindly to the comments. The post was about CHARITY. That's the worst of all. No one was talking about humanity and hope... It was all about Lauren. Ben needs to get his photos approved by her from now on or something laugh out loud, because people were making a big deal about this whole mess being his "doing" by allowing open critisism of her looks by posting unflattering pics. It's so insignificant to everything else but people make it a wayyyy bigger deal then it should ever be.

That's too many people to block. They were pretty much all hating.

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:38 am

Until the trolls go away, I think Ben needs to check with Lauren everytime he's about to post a picture of her on socialmedia. I mean maybe I'm not normal but I always have to check what pictures my husband and girlfriends are about to post of me on sm. Ben just doesn't choose the most flattering pics of Lauren imo. Men don't see what women see. Foundation, skinny, etc that's all a blur to Ben's eyes. It's sad that it has come to this. I hope they find peace after JoJo's season is done.
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:42 am

Cila51290 wrote:Until the trolls go away, I think Ben needs to check with Lauren everytime he's about to post a picture of her on socialmedia. I mean maybe I'm not normal but I always have to check what pictures my husband and girlfriends are about to post of me on sm. Ben just doesn't choose the most flattering pics of Lauren imo. Men don't see what women see. Foundation, skinny, etc that's all a blur to Ben's eyes. It's sad that it has come to this. I hope they find peace after JoJo's season is done.
Yes to men not seeing what women see. This is trueeee.

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:48 am

The thing is, I at least enjoy seeing more 'normal' pictures, not in perfect make up and pose. I liked her silly 'flexing' and this picture of them having fun with friends at a charity event. But these trolls are ruining it for the fans.

Lauren's been picked apart for her looks for about a month now, the trolls pick anything, really. She's either looking miserable because she's not smiling wide enough, or fake because she is smiling. Her make up and weight gets torn apart. Ben's cheesy tags are used against Lauren. It's not only her weight.

I have a feeling they'll start to post much less, which will bring the 'have you split up, you never post on IG any more!!!!' I hope they'll just start deleting and blocking, tbh. As a selfish fan, I hope they won't put their settings to private.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:51 am

It is what it is. Celebrities and then these people from reality television shows get all kinds of hate thrown their way on social media. It's nothing new. Some get it worse than others. I may look at it differently if I was actually in the situation, but I look at it as these people get hundreds and hundred of comments on their postings and sometimes thousands. If they sit there and actually read them, then shame on them. The people leaving the comments are trolls just trying to get a reaction.

I say let it go, live your life, and who cares what nameless, faceless and then strangers say to you on social media. There's plenty of love being thrown their way too. That goes for all of these people. IMO.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:55 am

Ash2214 wrote:It is what it is. Celebrities and then these people from reality television shows get all kinds of hate thrown their way on social media. It's nothing new. Some get it worse than others. I may look at it differently if I was actually in the situation, but I look at it as these people get hundreds and hundred of comments on their postings and sometimes thousands. If they sit there and actually read them, then shame on them. The people leaving the comments are trolls just trying to get a reaction.

I say let it go, live your life, and who cares what nameless, faceless and then strangers say to you on social media. There's plenty of love being thrown their way too. That goes for all of these people. IMO.

ITA.
Once a troll gets in, it's like roaches and mice. They reproduce and are relentless.
If you have to keep things "unprivate", this is what you will get.
It's too bad they can't have a public page and a private page. Throw their fans a bone every other day and move on.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:56 am

Fingersandtoes wrote:The thing is, I at least enjoy seeing more 'normal' pictures, not in perfect make up and pose. I liked her silly 'flexing' and this picture of them having fun with friends at a charity event. But these trolls are ruining it for the fans.

Lauren's been picked apart for her looks for about a month now, the trolls pick anything, really. She's either looking miserable because she's not smiling wide enough, or fake because she is smiling. Her make up and weight gets torn apart. Ben's cheesy tags are used against Lauren. It's not only her weight.

I have a feeling they'll start to post much less, which will bring the 'have you split up, you never post on IG any more!!!!' I hope they'll just start deleting and blocking, tbh. As a selfish fan, I hope they won't put their settings to private.

Yes to all of this. I like Lauren and Ben's IG's because they are normal. It's not one, big, long airbrushed endorcement add for teeth whitening strips and skinny tea. It's a lot of really normal moments. It's sad to me that they may have to start editing themselves.

Ben loves Lauren, he probably think she looks gorgeous in every shot. He's just trying to show her off and show off their relationship. And I agree. I didn't even notice her "ghost face" until 10 million people pointed it out to me. I just thought - "cute! They look relaxed, casual and happy and  they are out with his besties that started Humanty and Hope! Fun!!" He can't do right here. It's my opinion he could post a magazine ready, airbrushed image, and the way the trolls are behaving right now, they will find ways to hate on Lauren in incredibly cruel ways.

Making their account private only creates other problems. I agree, they are going to start limiting what they post for a while, that makes me sad. But I still say, the block and delete keys are your friend Ben and Lauren! Go NUTS!!!!!!!

Last edited by sosleepy on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:57 am

Here's a novel idea, run the pics by Lauren first laugh out loud. Love the guy but he can't pick a good photo to save his life. I'm glad he deleted it though not because of the nasty comments. I'm sure her make up looked great as usual but the flash made her look like she wearing 100 shades too light.

My mom has a tendency to take and subsequently post to FB the worst pictures ever. I have to screen her phone regularly laugh out loud.

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 25 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:26 am

Heck my hubby tried to post a picture on FB from my graduation that looked like I was wearing googles, then he really looked and said, yeah not this one. Ben will learn.

I agree with @Ash2214 it happens, if you want to stay public, then stop reading the comments all together.

This is not the worst people from this show have ever gotten and is now an unfortunate part of the whole show.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom