SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20

Page 37 of 80 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 58 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 37 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20

Post by rosesrREd Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:46 pm

I've liked Nick since Andi's season. I was not expecting him to be named The Bachelor, it was a shock to me. However, I am thrilled that he is the one giving out the roses this time, and I can't wait to see his season.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 37 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:50 pm

His bachelor thread is up already at the top of the board. Bach 21.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:43 pm

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 37 Giphy

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 37 Giphy

http://giphy.com/gifs/Bachelorinparadise-season-3-bachelor-in-paradise-bip-3o6Zt6EXg8r7A8Rpcs
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:05 pm

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 37 14156600_295147760865658_488018943_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTMyOTIxNzM1OTM2MTkzMzcwNg%3D%3D
sharleenjoynt
37 minutes ago
In honor of @nickviall's #TheBachelor crowning, here is the first photo we ever took together, the day we first met over 2 years ago. We asked a stranger to take it and she seemed to think the focus should be on this random hotel lobby painting. #fail // So happy for you, Nick!Congratulations!! #welldeserved
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:26 pm

Maddy wrote:Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 37 Giphy

http://giphy.com/gifs/Bachelorinparadise-season-3-bachelor-in-paradise-bip-3o6Zt6EXg8r7A8Rpcs

First gif - when he said that did anyone else get sexual innuendo vibe?
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:33 pm

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 37 CrN4wZfW8AAwvTz
FLARE Magazine ‏@FLAREfashion  19m19 minutes ago
.@sharleenjoynt on why @viallnicholas28 as Bachelor is "just what this franchise needs:" http://ow.ly/B3vR303M5Cq
sharleenjoynt wrote:Remember on Chris Soules’ season, when post-finale they dropped that “double Bachelorette” announcement? That was all anyone was talking about, NOT the newly engaged, happy couple. The announcement ITSELF was even more dramatic than an already hyper-dramatic episode, trumping it entirely. Last night was a bit like that. Like, I made my usual notes about the episode—which for the record was hyper dramatic—but the After Paradise announcement that Nick will be the next Bachelor was so explosive that I don’t really want to talk about anything else.

First of all, this was one hell of a genius move on the-powers-that-be’s part. The shock value alone had to be one of the great appeals of this choice (the others I will get to in a bit) because if you think about it, arguably the most valuable trick up their sleeves is just that: shock value. We as an audience lose interest quickly and easily. Watching even remotely similar storylines and drama GROWS tired, and gimmicks (the gossip magazine episode from JoJo’s season comes to mind) have one-and-done shelf lives. Unpredictability is crucial in keeping us tuning in. Case in point, I had more than one friend text me that they hadn’t planned on watching next season—they’d all yawned at the prospect of a season led by one of the usual suspects, plucked from the previous Bachelorette’s final four—but this twist was just what the doctor ordered to keep them tuned in.

Surprise factor aside, there are so many things I love about this. And though friendship may be tinting my lens slightly, I’ll do my best to make sure this isn’t coming with a side of bias. Firstly, I truly believe the familiarity viewers feel with Nick will result in a more invested, interactive viewing experience. Nick has proven DIFFERENT from the cookie cutter Bachelor time and time again. He states his opinions even when they’re unpopular. He has real conversations with people. Perhaps my favourite, especially as a platonic female friend of his, he doesn’t only see women as potential romantic partners. (How many platonic, quality advice-laden conversations have you seen him have with women on Bachelor in Paradise? It’s come to the point where Andy jokes—affectionately, of course—that Nick is this season’s gay friend.) I for one am looking forward to watching him differentiate between friend and lover, hearing him articulate in his ITMs why he likes one woman over another. Nick is polarizing because he’s different, and that differentness is just what this franchise needs.

On a purely practical level, if the goal of this show really is a happily engaged couple that eventually walks down the aisle, it makes sense to have a Bachelor in his mid-30s. It just does. Not only will the women cast be slightly older and better equipped for “forever,” there’s an emotional maturity that comes with those extra years. There’s a more sincere desire to find and settle down with a partner and not play the field any longer. (I realize this is a blanket statement and am not insinuating the younger Bachelor couples won’t last. I’m just saying, in my and my friends’ experiences in a big city, it’s proven true time and time again.)

Finally, say what you want about Nick Viall (he’s heard it all), the man is a hopeless romantic. I distinctly remember talking to him directly after he’d filmed Kaitlyn’s season. He’d just been broken up with at Final 2 (AGAIN) and was sincerely ruined. He was heartbroken and confused; he’d gone into it with “open eyes” as he put it, without the naïveté of a first timer, yet still managed to get blindsided. I asked him if now he thought the whole thing was BS, if he didn’t believe in it (partly because, in some ways, I didn’t). His answer? He still thought it could work, still believed in the show, still believed HIS LOVE story was out there. Part of me was in disbelief at this unfounded certainty, but the other part of me admired that kind of blind hope. Whether you agree or disagree, think he’s a hopeless romantic or just an idiot, you have to respect that kind of conviction. And though I still identify as a skeptic regarding this franchise, I fully believe in Nick.
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:39 pm

I love Sharleen's Flare post above because it highlights the main reason why I think Nick is the perfect Bachelor.  I agree with Sharleen that Nick is looking for his epic love story.  Not epic in the sense of a fantastical, reality tv relationship.  But epic in the sense of a life altering, self sacrificing, all in kind of relationship.  And the best part is that Nick is willing to perservere and not settle until he finds the person excited to share the epic love story with him.  

In regards to BIP, I never got the sense that Nick and Jen's relationship had matured to an "epic" level.  Perhaps the short time in paradise was to blame, but IMO Nick did not fully allow himself to fall in love on the show.  Nick had reservations about Jen being his epic love.  IMO if Nick was fully invested in Jen, he would have strongly pursued her after the show.  He didn't.  And his pause is what allowed him to consider being the lead in his own season when he was offered the gig.  Because IMO, if Nick felt that Jen had the strong possibility of being his person, he would not have said "yes" to handing out the roses next season.  He would have taken the leap of faith and continued on his "journey" with Jen.

Last edited by OnePromise on Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by ukglasgowkiiss Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:13 pm

I wonder how differently he might do things. Being such a veteran of this show it will be interesting to see how he shakes up the format. Oh god now i"m foreseing him being so honest with each girl that every single one knows what he is thinkng about the other ones. Also i wonder how his perspective will change after being the picker this time round. I wonder about the lack of a chase when it's a bachelor involved as Nick says he loves competition. Can't wait, and to think I was worried about bip withdrawal. Whooop, bring it on. #TeamNickFindsTheOne

#TeamLove rose bud  peace  

'[b]For the open window for a bare forehead              
I said it to you for your thoughts for your words
Every caress every trust survives
.'   (Paul Elouard)1
ukglasgowkiiss
ukglasgowkiiss

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:57 am

https://twitter.com/MyreeteW/status/771180095629254657

Oh my Gosh..this twitter thread is unbelievably funny!  Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 37 3806527698  (and glad to know Nick is getting so many positive responses :Nod: )  :

elan gale ‏@theyearofelan  11h11 hours ago
Casting for the next season of The Bachelor ends VERY soon. If you want to be considered stop wasting time and apply

Myreete Wolford ‏@MyreeteW  4h4 hours ago Chicago, IL
@theyearofelan how soon is VERY soon bc I'm tryin to make a music video submission for @viallnicholas28's  n it might take the weekend..

elan gale ‏@theyearofelan  4h4 hours ago
@MyreeteW @viallnicholas28 faster than that

@theyearofelan noted and appreciated. Jumpin on @viallnicholas28 - I mean - 'this video' stat. <<< THIS! lolpanda

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:34 am

Joy15 wrote:https://twitter.com/MyreeteW/status/771180095629254657

Oh my Gosh..this twitter thread is unbelievably funny!  Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 37 3806527698  (and glad to know Nick is getting so many positive responses :Nod: )  :

elan gale ‏@theyearofelan  11h11 hours ago
Casting for the next season of The Bachelor ends VERY soon. If you want to be considered stop wasting time and apply

Myreete Wolford ‏@MyreeteW  4h4 hours ago Chicago, IL
@theyearofelan how soon is VERY soon bc I'm tryin to make a music video submission for @viallnicholas28's  n it might take the weekend..

elan gale ‏@theyearofelan  4h4 hours ago
@MyreeteW @viallnicholas28 faster than that

@theyearofelan noted and appreciated. Jumpin on @viallnicholas28 - I mean - 'this video' stat. <<< THIS! lolpanda

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 37 3806527698 soooo looking forward to his season! When do they start shooting it?..hope he gets his forever this time Praying
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:55 am

LeapofFaith wrote:

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 37 3806527698 soooo looking forward to his season! When do they start shooting it?..hope he gets his forever this time Praying

Praying with you... giggling . I guess filming will start in the end of Sept, the airing probably will be in early January. yes

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 am

Since when is Nick's "webpage/blog" down? (it writes the server not found to me) Oh well ... what a week ... Nick the Bachelor ... wake me up in January!

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 80 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 58 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20

+64
cookielover12
crunchycheeto
whit90
mprssdbyu
GuardianAngel