SELECT CONTENT

MAFS - Season 4 - Nick Pendergrast - Sonia Granados

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAFS - Season 4 - Nick Pendergrast - Sonia Granados - Page 12 Empty Re: MAFS - Season 4 - Nick Pendergrast - Sonia Granados

Post by Amberish Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:21 am

She also said that having a conversation with Nick is like having a conversation with a 10 year old ...
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Season 4 - Nick Pendergrast - Sonia Granados - Page 12 Empty Re: MAFS - Season 4 - Nick Pendergrast - Sonia Granados

Post by mtnlvr55 Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:13 am

IMO he's upset about something. Probably having to do with everyone saying that he needs to open up more. At this point, he doesn't know how to open up. He's angry that everyone (producers, Sonja) are blaming him for the lack of progress in their relationship. He seems emotionally immature (I'm taking this from the wedding conversation between Sonja and his mother in which mom says that she'll tell Nick that he needs to tell Sonja that she is pretty if he thinks she is--who needs their mother to tell them something like this?)
Since he initially said that he was attracted to her, something has happened to make him upset. Sadly, his way of expressing being upset is to strike out at the other person in a personal way--"I don't think she's pretty, I'm not attracted to her" then it's not HIS fault, it's her fault that she isn't pretty enough, smart enough, open enough. Poor Nick is the victim--doesn't ANYONE see that!!?? (This is sarcasm, if you thought I was serious.)
I'm not sure how they turn this around without a major intervention from the experts. (And at least part of it needs to take place off camera so that no one has to feel the need to save face.)
From their SM I can't tell if they like each other or hate each other: one message seems to be, "don't judge til you know the whole story" and the next is leaning toward "he's a jerk and I'm a good person."
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:24 am

He also was under the influence of booze. You could hear it when he was speaking. When he got up to go to bed he grabbed a glass of something from the coffee table in front of him.

I haven't given up on them yet since just a couple of days ago Sonia made a comment on SM that sounded like things were okay.

Sonia Granados ‏@sonia_mafs · Sep 15

I'm secure in my inner and outer beauty. Those were just words to me! Don't hate him just yet. Let's see if he redeems himself ;)

Not condoning how Nick spoke because the words cut like a knife, but that was more about him than about myself #hiswordsdidntdefineme

I remember TPTB did things like that about Jason and Cortney and we know how they made out.

MAFS - Season 4 - Nick Pendergrast - Sonia Granados - Page 12 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:17 am

I also thought he seemed really drunk in that clip on top of tired and frustrated. That can make you say things you don't truly mean. Not that I think he's really into her, but I don't think he finds her repulsive either, it was just anger and booze talking. But good for Sonia for removing herself from the situation. Unless he comes crawling back with some flowers and apologies, he's clearly not worth the effort.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:31 am

I think my worry would be that he so flatly said that he didn't like her and wasn't attracted to her so why should he work on it. Liquor tends to relax inhibitions so I'm thinking that's what he really feels.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:22 am

albean99 wrote:I think my worry would be that he so flatly said that he didn't like her and wasn't attracted to her so why should he work on it. Liquor tends to relax inhibitions so I'm thinking that's what he really feels.

You could be right or maybe she opened an old wound.  The things his Mom said to Sonia about his not opening up sounds to me like the Mom has been hounding him for years about the very same subject and then you add booze into it and he blew up.  Not meaning it necessarily at Sonia but at his Mom through Sonia.  If that makes any sense. Hugesmile  Maybe he thinks those things when his Mom gets after him but holds it in.

It could be the reason Sonia tweeted this:

Not condoning how Nick spoke because the words cut like a knife, but that was more about him than about myself #hiswordsdidntdefineme

MAFS - Season 4 - Nick Pendergrast - Sonia Granados - Page 12 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:40 am

It could be his real feelings or it could be his drunken way of getting out of an uncomfortable situation. I mean she was pushing him, again, and he didn't want to deal with it any longer, so saying he doesn't even like her or find her attractive was the ultimate way to shut her up and make her stop trying, so he could retreat back into his comfort zone of mute solitude. Obviously he's not very into her since he finds it so hard to even try, but what he said in that clip was meant to hurt and discourage her rather than tell her his honest feelings. JMO. Even happy couples say stuff they don't mean during arguments. There might be a bit of truth to it, otherwise it wouldn't even come to mind, but it's not necessarily your overall feeling that's coming out, it's your feeling of anger. I'm gonna have to see how Nick acts the following day when he's sobered up and calm before drawing any definite conclusions.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Yeah, but no matter what, she did say he behaves like a 10 year old and she did pack up her bags and leave, assuming she did leave.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi27 Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:14 pm

The true Nick has finally "opened up" and now all know who he really is, an emotionally immature man who definitely had other motives of going on the show than finding a wife. He has been putting on an act of making even a little effort to connect to his wife, but now the truth comes out! Sonia takes the right course of action by leaving and imo should trust her instincts not to return to this sham of a spouse, no matter what the producers threaten her with. IMO: DUNZO
Mimi27
Mimi27

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:55 pm

Mimi27 wrote:The true Nick has finally "opened up" and now all know who he really is, an emotionally immature man who definitely had other motives of going on the show than finding a wife. He has been putting on an act of making even a little effort to connect to his wife, but now the truth comes out! Sonia takes the right course of action by leaving and imo should trust her instincts not to return to this sham of a spouse, no matter what the producers threaten her with. IMO: DUNZO

Re the bold. What are the other motives and where can I find this information?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi27 Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:40 pm

What I meant was that it's clear to me from his rant that Nick doesn't seem the least bit interested in a marriage, and therefore must have had other motivations besides getting married to go on MAFS. Even though I added imo twice in my statements, I should have put another imo to this sentence as well. IMO the reason MAFS now has such difficulty matching couples is because, after the popularity of Season 1 when candidates motives were to find a spouse, people are signing up for other reasons, be it fame, money, promotion etc. in seasons 2,3 and 4 there are no lasting marriages because of this.
Mimi27
Mimi27

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackenzo Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:07 pm

Here's a thought. Nick & Sonia kaput. Derek & Sonia are friends. Proof = out drinking with Lilly and this . . .https://www.instagram.com/p/BKdXi2ahKwMP7khl-Zej1Sn8zhv_1Y_kZac0EQ0/ Does not explain Sonia's birthday photo where she is being held by Nick, Tom and Derek. But maybe, just maybe . . . the two who keep whining saying I want it to work out have been working out together. I think that Derek & Sonia may be more suited to each other. She wants to cuddle, he wants to cuddle. She likes to help foster kids, he feels abandoned. They both want to be performers. They are close to their single parents. Their friends seem mutually quirky. Only problem is that he too sleeps with his dog.

Jackenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

MAFS - Season 4 - Nick Pendergrast - Sonia Granados

+48
kikora
pikake
quietpal
fijibeachbum
Mustang19