SELECT CONTENT

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

Page 47 of 47 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 45, 46, 47

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 47 Empty Re: MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

Post by albean99 Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:52 am

I still don't think Derek should have been on the show given what seems to be his habit (imo). I also didn't like how he lashed out at Heather. She made her own mistakes but I don't think she would have given up so quickly unless it was a big dealbreaker. Derek seems to enjoy playing the victim and the show is letting him imo. Hopefully he really did see something in himself watching the show that he will change for future relationships. Heather should turn her back on the show after the edit they gave her. All JMO.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15306

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 47 Empty Re: MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

Post by zygote Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:05 am

Apologies if this has already been discussed; I only stumbled across this forum recently.

I follow Jamie Otis on twitter, and sometime in August, she replied to a tweet wondering what Derek was smoking saying that it was actually marijuana. She has since deleted it, but I found a screencap on twitter. Presumably there was a reason they never said it was marijuana on the show, and either Derek or the producers asked her to take it down. I was surprised she tweeted it in the first place when I saw it.

It won't let me post links or images since I'm new, but the screencap was posted by the MAFSFan twitter on August 16th.

To be clear, it's still a secondhand source. No confirmation from Derek himself. But I thought people would be interested and, IMO, I believe Jamie. I totally understand why the show didn't go there since it's not legal anywhere the show was filmed, but it does provide a lot of context.

Last edited by zygote on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)

zygote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:09 pm

@zygote now that is interested if it is not legal where they film, then the company might could get into legal trouble.  JMHO of corse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:38 pm

It's not legal.

Thanks, zygote. I captured the post you mentioned and another of Heather listing her deal breakers.

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 47 Zmafs110

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 47 Zmafs210
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by zygote Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:15 am

Thanks for posting these screencaps, Amberish.

It's really too bad Heather hasn't been able to talk freely about the reasons behind their breakup, even having to delete a tweet that's still pretty vague. She's come across poorly based on the way they had to edit it and has everyone attacking her on twitter, etc. I don't think either of them are bad people, they just weren't a good match. IMO, she does not deserve so much hate.

I wonder if the show would get in any legal trouble for showing marijuana use, or if it's just that they want to protect Derek. IANAL so I don't know the exact consequences. But if they air participants doing illegal stuff and the participants end up getting in trouble for it, I can't imagine they'd have an easy time recruiting people to be on the show in the future...

zygote

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:09 am

I am sure the show carefully skirted the issue of what Derek was smoking. Nobody wants to get involved in a lawsuit over something like this.

Perhaps we'll never know the truth. In the meantime, Derek and Heather deserve to go their separate ways, pick up their lives, and go on. IMHO it is time for the excess publicity and speculation to end. Let them go their separate ways; this has been an uncomfortable experience for both of them.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:56 am

Yes, zygote. The truth does tend to put a HUGE exclamation point on the Derek/Heather matter, doesn't it?

So, yes, Derek is a pothead. Yes, Derek is trying to make it big rapping his 420 lifestyle. And, if to bother to watch early episodes, yes, what Derek looked like is what a typical middle aged stoner looks like.

Insofar as anger and violent tendencies, that's typical of pothead withdrawal behavior. **IMO**
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:12 pm

I feel bad that Heather basically has to keep quiet about this and look like a stuck up snob in the process.
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1881

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:27 pm

Columbia, MD wrote:I am sure the show carefully skirted the issue of what Derek was smoking.  Nobody wants to get involved in a lawsuit over something like this.

Perhaps we'll never know the truth.  In the meantime, Derek and Heather deserve to go their separate ways, pick up their lives, and go on.  IMHO it is time for the excess publicity and speculation to end.  Let them go their separate ways; this has been an uncomfortable experience for both of them.

Re the bold, neither do I. Smiley

We have no idea what lifestyle Derek leads, we can speculate, post our opinions, however we are not going to label someone as fact when we don't have the facts.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jupitercornflakes Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:17 pm

provenceguy wrote:I feel bad that Heather basically has to keep quiet about this and look like a stuck up snob in the process.

To me this is the biggest problem. IMO, Heather has been dragged through the mud over something that was clearly a deal breaker for her. IMO this couple was matched for drama not a relationship, as I have said before. Unfortunately Heather could not have known that . I think she she did want to be married and she looked happy at the alter. It was when everything hit the fan that she she wanted to bail. IMO, that is her right, and she should have been able to leave without being given the villain treatment.

jupitercornflakes

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Derek posted a lovely photo of him and Heather (he with his arm around her) taken during the homeless event the group organized and all participated in last weekend. They look very friendly with each other.
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1881

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:45 pm

Thanks @provenceguy I can't tell what those emoticons are. It's nice to see them cordial.

derek schwartz ‏@derek_mafs Nov 12
#MarriedAtFirstSight

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 47 CxGYfkUWgAEV152

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 47 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 45, 46, 47

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

+55
RoxyDoxy
gurlbrit
Pia1
kristlkrost
Lucas15