SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Social Media - Media - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #6

Page 38 of 79 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 58 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

jimmykimmel -  The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Social Media - Media - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #6 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Social Media - Media - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #6

Post by Duke702 Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:37 am

Yea I think he didn't ask her dad, because he didn't want to, and he didn't want to be engaged. Jordan seemed very not into everything on the show, and was bad at faking it. jmo.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

jimmykimmel -  The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Social Media - Media - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #6 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Social Media - Media - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #6

Post by jojo47 Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:41 am

bluwavz wrote:I'm having trouble with this week's issue of Us Weekly that I bought online and can only read the text version right now but anyway it says on the LCD (after they went kayaking) that JoJo grills the suitor (Jordan) who didn't ask for Papa Fletcher's permission to marry her and his explanation is that he didn't ask because her parents didn't meet the other guy yet and he didn't think it was fair. It says his rambling explanation only upset JoJo. It was a big issue for her and she was really hurt. It says the next morning this suitor phoned JoJo's parents and told them JoJo meant everything to him and asked for their blessing and they said yes. He wrote JoJo a letter explaining his eleventh-hour move and when she read it, she cried.

When the F1 arrived at the FRC he told JoJo he loved her so much and promised to protect her and keep her safe and that he would wake up every day and choose her. After he proposed, he and JoJo kept saying they loved each other over and over again. A Bachelorette insider says they met up secretly outside of LA the weekend of July 9th and that JoJo and the winner are going strong and are very happy together.

As for the F2 it says when he arrived at the FRC he told JoJo that his love for her made him weak in the knees. Before he could drop to one knee, JoJo stopped him and told him her heart was with someone else and that he deserves the type of love that he had given her. It says he was shocked but not bitter and he just wanted JoJo to be happy.

Thanks for the recap Blu!

The show left Jordan & Jojo talking about "permission" in the FD to set up their LCD dilemma. IMO Jordan's explanation of why he didn't ask is lame & his phone call/letter are purely reactionary to remedy his miscue.

Part of me wonders if Jordan is squirmy all season because he knows once he & Jojo are out of the bubble, there's lots of crap coming their way. We don't know how honest he's been with her in revealing his past & my guess is this could make him pretty uncomfortable.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:45 am

Alanna wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:His explanation for not asking her parents sounds stupid TBH. Was he always planning on calling them then? Like...? I don't get it.
I think the truth was that he was scared because there was another guy there and didn't want to put himself out there like that. Not great but he eventually did so at least he wasn't too late.

I was just going tomsay that!  I think he wasnt feeling as confident as some think he was and that he just didnt want to look foolish for asking her parents if he could marry their daughter and then get dumped brcause she chose Robbie.  We can see from their conversations on the FD that she was showing her doubts as to his sincerity.  Plus he was friends with Robbie and Robbie was super confident in his relationship so maybe Jordan thought she was going to choose Robbie instead.  Jojo herself kept reminding him how what leads (Ben) say things they dont really mean.   id like to see how it plays out during the MTPs to see how their meeting went down.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:48 am

I can't think of one reason other that script induced reasons, not to ask her dad for his blessing. On this show, if you're in love and you want to marry the person, you ask when you meet them. It doesn't matter how many guys are left. IMO Ben's was also script induced reasons, so he could make the phone call later. Jordan's reason doesn't make sense, and probably will sound like BS because he himself was just doing what he was told IMHO.

How did he even know Robby didn't meet them yet.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Di_ATL Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:48 am

Realistically the couple spend approximately two weeks out of 3 months with one another. Yes he did say he was a traditional man and would ask the father of the woman he would propose too.

I do think he at the f2 RC was a put off, by her gushing how strongly she felt about both men and it rocked him, which lead to his not asking. After seeing how hurt she was by this, he did make the call to the parents, and also writes her a letter which im sure we will never really know all the contents, which explained his thought process, how he felt enough so that it made her have a panic attack and evidentially it was detailed enough that she knew he was the one that she wanted to be with.

Yes not your traditional way to ask a father for their daughters hand in marriage however he realize the error of his ways before it was to late and did ask.

Jordan to Jojo "I have this feeling that i haven't really had in a long time, and it's scary but it's also the best thing I wake up to every morning"  rose bud

cloud nine    :sprinklehearts
Di_ATL
Di_ATL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:56 am

He reiterated more than once how important it was to get her dads blessing. He went as far to say that he wants to be able to look the dad in the eye and have the dad know he'll always take care of her.

On their LCD he says in the preview that he doesn't know if it's him that she wants and there's another guy there. Perhaps if the asking of the permission is so important to him he simply didn't feel comfortable doing it knowing another guy would probably be doing the same thing to JoJo's dad as well.

Or quite simply, Jordan was asked to have it play out like this because this was the issue production wanted Jordan to overcome in the finale. Perhaps they asked him to not ask on their MTP date. IMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:01 am

Ash2214 wrote:He reiterated more than once how important it was to get her dads blessing. He went as far to say that he wants to be able to look the dad in the eye and have the dad know he'll always take care of her.

On their LCD he says in the preview that he doesn't know if it's him that she wants and there's another guy there. Perhaps if the asking of the permission is so important to him he simply didn't feel comfortable doing it knowing another guy would probably be doing the same thing to JoJo's dad as well.

Or quite simply, Jordan was asked to have it play out like this because this was the issue production wanted Jordan to overcome in the finale. Perhaps they asked him to not ask on their MTP date. IMO

Exactly, IA. IMO the second bold is because they purposely made a big deal about the first bold.

ETA: could this be the "what you did to me" She took his word re first bold, but didn't come through with it?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:04 am

Well whatever it is, it didn't pass the sniff test imo. But it did highlight Jordan's ability to spin bs into gold laugh out loud.

Last edited by ForeverLove on Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:05 am

Jo just fav'd this. Is this our needy, clingy girl that just broke up with the man that promised to protect her and now needs to either fake it with him or admit it in front of millions? I can't imagine.

_elodiek
I just hope you truly are happy and that you found your other half.. You deserve it so much heartbeat @joellefletcher

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:09 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:He reiterated more than once how important it was to get her dads blessing. He went as far to say that he wants to be able to look the dad in the eye and have the dad know he'll always take care of her.

Exactly, IA. IMO the second bold is because they purposely made a big deal about the first bold.

ETA: could this be the "what you did to me" She took his word re first bold, but didn't come through with it?

ITA agree with both these thoughts.

a. Production ploy for FRC drama
b. this is most likely "what you did to me".

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:18 am

I don't think it's out of his character not to ask. Risky yes, and perhaps even dumb, but he said on the rock, (paraphrased) that the only concerns he has because of this process, is that he's not able to look her dad in the eye and for her dad to KNOW that he IS in love with his daughter and will love her forever etc etc. 

Her dad doesn't know him—at all. They've never even met at the point of him saying this and they're only going to know each other for, what? 3hrs? 4hrs? 6hrs? Here is where the integrity part comes in; he doesn't feel right having her father say, yes go ahead marry my daughter even though I've only just met you. 

Add to this, the fact that there's another guy about to ask her dad the exact same thing, lessens the importance and meaning for him and he assumes her dad, in this once in a lifetime moment. 

JoJo explains how upset she was tha t he didn't ask and in the morning he realizes he doesn't want to lose Jo over this so asks her dad last minute and I think he will ask her dad the way he's always wanted to, down the road when that "real" time comes. I think this is part of what's in his letter. This is AJMO as I see it.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:21 am

Oh Ash I see you think the same in the top part of your post. Yes. I need to go watch it again. I remember he was so serious about the asking part. He even brought it up again that night over dinner.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 79 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 58 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Social Media - Media - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #6

+77
Tiggerlgh
Higgs13
Al
snowandcold
znourf
luvstx
Newto
Cocoasneeze
Buckeye_Fan
LoveDovez
Lily