SELECT CONTENT

Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 15 of 57 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 36 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 15 Empty Re: Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by nylonvagabond Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:55 am

Yes fellow p+p fans! (OTT: I did like the 1995, but I had casted Keira Knightley as Lizzy when she was in POTC so my sense of pride and affection for that movie is through the roof!)

Also, the original title for that book is "First Impressions" which mean nothing as G Love stated! I absolutely believe what RomComet said from her experience and if it continues on this modern P+P path, the underdog may unexpectedly prevail after several attempts at wooing his heroine (At least I.hope so)

nylonvagabond

Back to top Go down

Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 15 Empty Re: Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by romance realist Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:09 am

nylonvagabond wrote:Yes fellow p+p fans! (OTT: I did like the 1995, but I had casted Keira Knightley as Lizzy when she was in POTC so my sense of pride and affection for that movie is through the roof!)

Also, the original title for that book is "First Impressions" which mean nothing as G Love stated! I absolutely believe what RomComet said from her experience and if it continues on this modern P+P path, the underdog may unexpectedly prevail after several attempts at wooing his heroine (At least I.hope so)
The connections to P&P too much to resist for producers IMO.
G&M's love of romantic comedy, their quick wit, playful ways, fit the theme to perfection.
I think the editors could not believe their luck with this story and I think they have thrown out their boring conventions (which I don't understand & perhaps RomComet can explain why they use them?) and have really had fun in unfolding the sweet romance between these 2 charming characters.
Imo

romance realist

Female Posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by asim Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:10 am

I have to agree with all the P & P shots. I was excited to see that Raffles Hotel is part of Matty's date. It is a very romantic place and has that golden age theme that G loves. If they have the cable car ride can we remember Ashley and JP in that cable car, very hot moment. As far as the photo of them "appearing" unhappy with each other. I was happy to see that cause it usually means the opposite, especially since Lee's was a happy photo. IMO the date with Matty is much more romantic.
asim
asim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:35 am

articles that have come out today, they are calling Matty J the next Nikki. People are already panicking that he is going to be heartbroken.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:39 am

I dont know if anyone has posted this article. Its from September 22, 2016.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:40 am

asim wrote:I have to agree with all the P & P shots.  I was excited to see that Raffles Hotel is part of Matty's date.  It is a very romantic place and has that golden age theme that G loves.  If they have the cable car ride can we remember Ashley and JP in that cable car, very hot moment. As far as the photo of them "appearing" unhappy with each other.  I was happy to see that cause it usually means the opposite, especially since Lee's was a happy photo.  IMO the date with Matty is much more romantic.

Oh thanks for reminding me about Ashley and JP's date, definitely one of my all time faves. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:45 am

Fifty wrote:I dont know if anyone has posted this article. Its from September 22, 2016.

It's posted upthread on page 2 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by romance realist Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:24 am

Fifty wrote:articles that have come out today, they are calling Matty J the next Nikki.  People are already panicking that he is going to be heartbroken.

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] these articles really underline what many here have been thinking and posting.
Last time I looked the Bachelor Facebook photo post of M&G dancing had the most likes of any post by a mile, as well as the pro-Matty, boo to heartbreak that these articles refer to. The sentiment is based on real viewer opinion.
It would completely confound me if Bach production chose to mindlessly follow a (redundant IMO) F1-F2 formula where the love story is built up and then destroyed and risk completely trashing what is left of their viewer base.
*edit*
G kissing M under the Bell of Happiness is an elevation of the romance between these 2 at the finale.
Richie's terrible flying fish Bali date for Nikki could not have been less romantic, signalling a pull back from any intimacy or thought for what she may enjoy. I wished she had channelled a bit of Olena and said "I'm not strapping myself to that thing for anyone!"
Back to Matty as heartbroken F2, I just don't see this happening.
I think those producers, etc want a job next week. IMO if Matty is F1 they have had fun with it and done a great job, if they return to the same old, same old, they have not.
*edit*
All IMO at this time.

romance realist

Female Posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I think we are all on the same page. We aussies are very intolerant and if the ratings have dived so badly over just one bad edit in just one season, they won't be tolerating two. If the new producers know what they are doing and are catering it for the australian audience, they will go the underdog route as you guys so rightly suggested. As one article suggested, If Matty J does win he is like the Western Bulldogs coming from behind and winning the Grand Final. Even the most hardened Collingwood supporter was rooting for the bulldogs to win....

We will just have to wait and see.

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:46 am

Fifty wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I think we are all on the same page.  We aussies are very intolerant  and if the ratings have dived so badly over just one bad edit in just one season, they won't be tolerating two.  If the new producers know what they are doing and are catering it for the australian audience, they will go the underdog route as you guys so rightly suggested.  As one article suggested, If Matty J does win he is like the Western Bulldogs coming from behind and winning the Grand Final. Even the most hardened Collingwood supporter was rooting for the bulldogs to win....  

We will just have to wait and see.

Yeah agreed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... Despite the fact that i'm Swannies fan I was happy to lose to the dogs Smiley
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:04 am

Fifty wrote:I agree with you there.  It is a very fine line they are treading on at the moment and can swing either way.  The ratings are so dismal this season it has become an inside joke.  Generally speaking the Bach couple fuels the viewers for the Bachelorette.  This hasn't happened at all this season.  Just to give you an indication.  Papped photos of Snez and Sam together after the finale were being sold in the thousands and as were Sam and Sasha respectively. Magazines wanted them because readers wanted to see the happy couples together.  Papps apparently can't even sell their pics of Alex and Richie for $20.00. If i find the article Ill post it.  The other thing to note is that DM was the first one to publish that Matty may be the next Nikki.  IMO DM is fed what to print in relation to the bachelor/ bachelorette after Sasha and Sams leaked pics. So they are definitely either trying to soften the blow so to speak or to surprise viewers naturally without editing in the end which will avoid backlash and create more sponsorships for the franchise.

I also think it is important to note that the age has been lifted for the next Bach and that production has been bumped up to Feb which would fit in with Lee.  They can continue the momentum if they start advertising him as the next bach around January.  A definite win win.  I think he will actually be a phenomenal bach if he isn't F1 IMO.

That would make great reading if you can find that article. Smiley

Frankly I think TPTB could lose sight of the endgame - happy audience, happy couple, endless mileage in the press after the show is over - all because they're intent on springing a big surprise at the FRC. I think it's a very fine line indeed.
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by anadimi23 Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:12 am

I believe the "Dark Horse" lovestory will bring viewers back with seeing how happy Georgia and Matty would be together and their progressive story fitting in with everything she's been saying in interviews.

anadimi23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 57 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 36 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+51
ssin0547
Seabear
mjoy
makeover
bellehuntley