SELECT CONTENT

Kevin Wendt - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 39 of 53 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 46 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CaptainCanada - Kevin Wendt - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 Empty Re: Kevin Wendt - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by iamreal2u Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:12 am

TheWrongReasons wrote:If we're going to compare with past Bettes in other franchises, I would like to throw in examples of US Franchise Bettes who picked the jealous/player/chemistry/their usual type edits (of seasons I'm familiar with the outcome): Jillian, Andi, Kaitlyn, JoJo. Worldview wise, IMO these Bettes would have more in common with J than an Australian woman (BetteAu) or a Canadian man (BachCA). 
---Snipped ---
Fifty wrote:I actually posted about this in another thread. Jasmine watched the Au season 4 of The Bachelor as she tweeted a radio dj that appeared on the show and is now following them.  Sam F the first season AU bachelorette usually went for the bad guy and her F2 interestingly has a tattoo sleeve and went on a helicopter ride for their date as well. She even said on the first Ep, he is the type i usually go for. But she went for the more secure guy who rides motorcycles and her family didn't like the F2 as they thought he was too smooth and said all the right things. He didnt get the best edit either but the chemistry was ramped up to make it a two horse race. In fact Sam's entire season was about her not picking the usual type of guy. So it may be plausible that the producers have also watched the AU series IMO and Jas like Sam F has changed her ways.

Also Trista Sutton also did mention in the after show when talking about Mike that's it's hard to gage chemistry on the show  because so much ends up on the cutting room floor as was the case for the F1 chemistry in the AU bachelorette season 2 and the ramped up chemistry for the F2. Of course this is JMO

I think there is fundamental difference here is that Jasmine and Kevin have real chemistry so this may make a difference.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

CaptainCanada - Kevin Wendt - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 Empty Re: Kevin Wendt - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by TheWrongReasons Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:57 pm

I'm a Canadian woman, am surrounded by other Canadian women daily & also know a lot of American women irl ...  I also watch a lot of American TV. IMO these two groups are way more similar vs. Australian or British women. CA/US women have access to the same pop culture and media influences in real time, which IMO can shape one's worldview. This is just a general observation ... of course every individual has her own nuances & differences. 

I generally don't use other franchises as evidence one way or the other (I merely note patterns of interest) but since I kept seeing comparisons to AU, I thought I would throw my hat in with examples of other women who IMO are more similar to J in terms of culture/worldview...  so that this comparison is more balanced. If one is going to compare to one franchise, IMO a fair assessment would be to take others into consideration as well. 

I also think that fundamentally, men & women tend to choose differently, so I personally don't see the point in comparing with BachCA. 

As for relationships lasting or not ... they are all subject to their own challenges afterward ... and only time will tell. But if we are just to look at facts, of those 4 I mentioned, Kaitlyn & JoJo are still moving forward with their picks so that's not unpromising considering the surreal nature of this show IMO. 

I'm also not sure what Jasmine watching an Au series has to do with her ultimate choice, but that's JMO. 

I've brought this up before, but the biggest influence in my determination of F1 vs F2/3 etc. is what I see on screen. Others may have different methods of determination and everyone's entitled to their own opinion ... I just personally think if one is going to use one way to analyze (ex. past seasons/franchises), then all info in that method should be fair game, not just those that support a certain outcome. 

^all JMHOAA (sorry for the lengthy post laugh out loud)

On an unrelated note, thank you to Kevin and all other Military personnel past & present for their service. Thanks for bringing over Kevin's Remembrance Day IG post, @iamreal2u.

CaptainCanada - Kevin Wendt - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 Remembrance_day_by_chrisholley-d4ftosq
source

Last edited by TheWrongReasons on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:21 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Sooo many typos ... sorry, everyone lol)

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Good Post @TheWrongReasons I agree especially with the comparisons. It's not a true comparison if all the information isn't compared. I don't think any lead is going to choose one contestant just because someone else's choice was similar.

There were rose petals on both of the beds during the FS. In the US franchise the one who got rose petals was the F1. Obviously that's not the case here.

Comparing ID in epi 3 or epi 6 or group dates in epi 7 or whatever, is another matter. There's a specific pattern when it comes to epi's and dates that sleuthers have watched and documented for years.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:40 pm

IA @GuardianAngel that the ID/ep analysis across all seasons can be a different matter. IMO it's the difference between taking all the pieces of the puzzle & assembling them all to see what the final picture is ... vs. taking only a select few pieces of the puzzle and attempting to fit them into one specific base only. 

I also find it so interesting that many of the same points used to support Mike as F1 are now suddenly transferred to fit Mikhel even though they are quite different (with the exception of the "nice guy" label) and Mike himself has stated that he and KW are actually quite similar in many ways. I'm genuinely confused laugh out loud 

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinions & methods, so all the above is JMHOAA Smiley

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:00 pm

I always thought that Kevin and Mike were very similar. Yes, the both are firefighters, but they are both also very solid, family oriented individuals who could give Jasmine the sense of security that she is looking for. Where they differ is that Kevin has more of that bad boy edge that she seems to like. Since I prefer Mike, I was kind of hoping that the edit was hiding some of their chemistry, but I should know better and just listen to my gut. As soon as she described him as "regimented", I should have known it was game over.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:24 pm

Solid points, @Sprite IA re. Mike & KW's similarities & key difference. I also agree with going with your gut, whether it be re. TV analysis or real life decisions Smiley

It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
You remember that?
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:10 pm

I think Kevin and Mike being good friends or as his comment on Kevin's IG says.

ogilmike When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all. Cheers, to our brothers and sisters for carrying the burden of countless stories untold to protect our hearts, minds and futures so we all may live and love freely. #captaincanada #thankyoubrother

Kind of funny that Mike likes Kevin enough to call him his brother. Kevin can't be that bad of a guy if someone you like,  likes him enough to call his brother and I don't think it only pertains to him being a FF. JMO though.

Now I don't know what their disagreement was about at the FS.  Maybe Kevin thought that she could only say what she did (about she cares for Mikhel as well) while the cameras were rolling and would tell him different behind closed doors and that didn't happen.
I could see how that would hurt him but I can also see Jasmine saying she is taking this to the end and meaning it no matter what.  If that is the case good for her unlike some former ettes.  I can also see how he would step out needing to collect his thoughts and then coming back and the rest of the night being amazing (her words).  

Maybe Jasmine knows him very well and has no problem with putting him in his place and maybe he has not experienced that before and loves her even more for it. JMO's If this is the case I don't see any problem with these 2 as a couple.

CaptainCanada - Kevin Wendt - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia23_12 Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:33 pm

Brill wrote:I think Kevin and Mike being good friends or as his comment on Kevin's IG says.

ogilmike When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all. Cheers, to our brothers and sisters for carrying the burden of countless stories untold to protect our hearts, minds and futures so we all may live and love freely. #captaincanada #thankyoubrother

Kind of funny that Mike likes Kevin enough to call him his brother. Kevin can't be that bad of a guy if someone you like,  likes him enough to call his brother and I don't think it only pertains to him being a FF. JMO though.

Now I don't know what their disagreement was about at the FS.  Maybe Kevin thought that she could only say what she did (about she cares for Mikhel as well) while the cameras were rolling and would tell him different behind closed doors and that didn't happen.
I could see how that would hurt him but I can also see Jasmine saying she is taking this to the end and meaning it no matter what.  If that is the case good for her unlike some former ettes.  I can also see how he would step out needing to collect his thoughts and then coming back and the rest of the night being amazing (her words).  

Maybe Jasmine knows him very well and has no problem with putting him in his place and maybe he has not experienced that before and loves her even more for it. JMO's  If this is the case I don't see any problem with these 2 as a couple.

ITA. I think she really likes that a lot! And she likes that he tells her what he feels and thinks (with Mikhel an the boot she was like tell me why ..., you have to tell me, I have to Know...).
Emilia23_12
Emilia23_12

Female Posts : 568

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:11 pm

She is rubbing his hand here and not even noticing.  Her sister and mom sure notice though.  Watch the video here Source
CaptainCanada - Kevin Wendt - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 Screen23
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:32 pm

I'm going to try to watch all of KW's scenes just cuz. But I also want to see exactly how the show characterizes him.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:52 pm

I do think he and Mike have some of the same qualities but they have different personalities. I think Kevin is more gregarious, more aggressive and more of an alpha male than Mike. I don't think he's the right person for Jasmine but I don't think he's a bad person and I've never doubted his sincerity in regards to his feelings for her.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:03 pm

ReneeM wrote:I do think he and Mike have some of the same qualities but they have different personalities. I think Kevin is more gregarious, more aggressive and more of an alpha male than Mike. I don't think he's the right person for Jasmine but I don't think he's a bad person and I've never doubted his sincerity in regards to his feelings for her.

May I please ask who's the "right" person for Jasmine. On this show she started out with 20 guys making her way to the one she sees herself with. Her choice right or wrong. I do think based on the feedback of people who know them from the show or social media that the F2 are both decent guys.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 53 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 46 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kevin Wendt - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+41
TrishB
Bobette
traveler90
makeover
Topazgold