SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Page 79 of 79 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 77, 78, 79

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teamcaila - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 79 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by Amethyst Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:40 pm

ironcat wrote:I suspect that while Caila liked Jared (and he was the only guy available who she was at all interested in), she always knew that he wasn't quite up to her "standards" in terms of what she and her family expected as a husband.  I know this sounds very snobby, but her family struck me as very high "achievers" who put a high price on education; they probably expect Caila to marry a doctor, lawyer, business professional, etc, who is or has the potential to be a high earner.  Many families are like this, and I sense that Caila really doesn't want to disappoint hers.  I don't think a restaurant manager who dropped out of college fits their criteria.  Maybe that's what she meant by the 70%.  If Jared had been a Harvard grad with a bright financial future, he might have scored higher.

I don't think the relationship between Caila and Jared was ever going to work out long term; the complication of Ashley just ended it a few months prematurely IMO.

No, it doesn't sound snobby, it sounds realistic. It surprised me that Caila ever signed up for this franchise. With her prep-school and family background, she seems like the type that would go for an Ivy-Leaguer, A Wall Street finance sort of guy, a physician, lawyer, etc. Ben might have been marginally acceptable for her, but Jared, much as I like him, not so much. And it may also partially explain why there is widespread dislike for her. She might be perceived as snobby, removed, or arrogant due solely to her background and upbringing.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

teamcaila - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 79 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by Amethyst Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:58 pm

I keep coming back to Ashley I. who has seemingly gone off the deep end this season. I liked her during Farmer Chris's season and on BiP2. Sure, she is dramatic and overly emotional, but that just makes for good TV. You could sympathize with her.

And it's not like I mind a little bit of snark, especially in ITMs. Carly has never bothered me, and even the twins' sometime cattiness didn't get to me, I think because the snark never became the main storyline for any of them. They kvetched, and then they shrugged their shoulders and moved on. It was like it was a momentary unhappiness as opposed to a complete personality change.

Ashley's whole personality seemed to turn to the dark side. She used some nasty, nasty words, and there were so very many of them that you couldn't excuse them away. I found it really disturbing. And her conversation with Caila about how Caila might never be as close to Jared as she (Ashley) is, seemed to come from a very dark place.  

I honestly never want to see her on the franchise again.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:44 pm

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 79 of 79 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 77, 78, 79

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

+88
Nibbles22
luvstx
julychild
doeslovedogs
KB_Mom
Ariela
Lennoxcolinrolland
Longhornfan
Just Looking
MVMom39forever
casjacknick