SELECT CONTENT

Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2

Page 59 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SheLift - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 59 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2

Post by siena Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:19 pm

On After Paradise Caila didn't mention Ashley at first at all when she talked about her breakup with Jared. Caila said that she and Jared dated for 6 weeks and that they just weren't the right fit. Then Sean asked whether Ashley was a factor. Caila subsequently said that certain friends called, and that Jared answered. Then later there was a viewer question about whether Jared and Ashley need to cut each other out of their lives in order to have a future relationship. Caila stated that she hoped not, and then said we only have so much room in our hearts.

In the HuffPo podcast Caila said again that at the end of the day Jared and her just weren't compatible and that it didn't ultimately have to do with Ashley because when true love is meant to be it'll conquer all.

I don't see that as being disingenuous, I see that as being objective and perceptive. Jared and Caila had their own relationship and they've taken responsibility for it. That isn't to say Ashley wasn't a factor, and that they can't mention that, but she's also ultimately not the reason Jared and Caila broke up. IMO that's a mature way of looking at the situation.

I personally would have wanted to call out some of the things that have been said, but that is true to my character. If Caila isn't that type of person (and she's not trying to intentionally harm anyone by being that way) then I think that it's valid and real to not engage with the drama. I agree @notarose that Sharleen and Caila share quite a lot of similarities and IMO are both genuine. Even in her recaps, Sharleen will try to give a balanced and diplomatic account of things. Sometimes IMO against what I would personally do or how I view people. But Sharleen and Caila are being true to who they are, and I actually find that very admirable. All JMO.

Great pics @bluwavz!

ETA: This is sweet.  :cutesmile!:

SheLift - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 59 2j3o26g
source: my screencap twitter @sharleenjoynt

Last edited by siena on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:06 am; edited 2 times in total

"You know what love is? It is all kindness, generosity." ~ Rumi

siena

Back to top Go down

SheLift - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 59 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2

Post by mindless Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:58 pm

The only similarity I see with Sharleen and Caila is that they're both very poised and diplomatic. However, I think Sharleen just genuinely has a big heart and she wants to try and see things from everyone's point of view. She's not willing to let other people's opinions sway hers, which is why she's able to be friends with all kinds of people who may even hate each other. I find that very admirable and the opposite of fake. I don't recall her ever contradicting herself, not that I've noticed anyway. She often sticks up for the underdog and then goes and makes friends with them. Even when she expresses doubts about certain people on the show in her recaps, she's willing and able to change her mind about them once she meets them in person. That's why she's one of my favourite contestants ever. She stuck up for JPG, because she had a good experience with him. She may not have seen him as a potential life partner, but she did like him and he never did anything to her, so she had no reason to bash him.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by SunnyRachel Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:11 pm

dee wrote:@SunnyRachel
The songs she used on her IG stories were:
1) Martha Stewart's studio titled "shoot day": "Lose Control by Matt Simons"
2) Fashion NYC and The Before video: "In My Mind by Maty Noyes"
3) Video where she zooms in on a plant and fades to NYC skyline: "Fux With the Boy by Young & Divine
4) Video where she waves to two ladies walking towards her: "Suburbia by Kilian & Jo feat. Erik Rapp
5)Editing studio for photoshoot: "Send My Love by Adele"
6) Walking into #Shelift event: "Shower by Becky G
7) rooftop/Manhattan skyline: Breathe by Seeb feat. Neev

Hopefully I corresponded the songs to each video correctly Smiley

bowdown I should've asked you about her other ig's songs before as well! Love people who have good ear for good music! Thanks so much for sharing ur genius on hearing the lyrics for a couple of seconds and knowing the songs to share with us Dee!
:Thanktwo @dee @bluwavz @siena thks for vids and pics and more! Really love how Caila is living her life! Today it felt she was in wanderlust with the fashion show she went today. Love she went with Sharleen. Cool pic Caila got with Miss Universe who is also has Philippina.
People can judge her personality all they want and Caila will be who she is.Caila has her real friends who know who she is and I'm glald she has those people in her life.Seeing her real life friends have her back is more better than the fake clique! So happy Caila is no bully to people in general esp what she has been through this whole season!That girl was bullied and so on and yet she still showed how positive you can be under all that hate.

SunnyRachel
SunnyRachel

Female Posts : 329

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:18 pm

JMO, Ashley I has done everything possible to disparage Caila everywhere she can. Even if Caila does feel like Ashley I is a huge part of Jared's dating woes I can not blame her for not being direct and just saying it. Ashley has just starred to relent, I would be afraid of a woman who in my opinion has acted like a complete b****. I refuse to talk about AI with any term of mental health, as I don't believe she has an illness, she is just mean and nasty as a snake. JMO.

Last edited by stuckinsc on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by IWouldMarryAshleyI Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:20 pm

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure wrote:So I've come full circle on Caila... I didn't find her genuine at all on Ben's season... Seeing her in some interviews after Bach and then on BIP, I softened my view and saw she was just a people pleaser who went out of her way to filter herself to avoid conflict and be likeable.  THEN... I saw her After Paradise interview where she was pushed by Michelle to reveal why it didn't work with Jared and she makes a heart shape with her hands and basically states he only had so much room in his heart, alluding to Ashley I being the reason for the break up.... Followed by the Huff Post interview where she said Ashley I had absolutely nothing to do with it and Jared/AI friendship is so beautiful...blah blah blah....  So now I'm back to square one with her, these changing stories just don't sit well with me, it's not genuine ... I admire people who own their views and actions and Caila for whatever reason, just fails on that front IMO.

She's double minded. *IMO*
IWouldMarryAshleyI
IWouldMarryAshleyI

Male Posts : 386

Back to top Go down

Post by IWouldMarryAshleyI Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:24 pm

notarose wrote:IMO the person from this franchise that Caila is most like would be Sharleen.  I mean this in terms of personality:
- both flip-flop-flipped trying to make a decision
Remember how Sharleen couldn't decide if she should stay or leave the show?  I think we went through 2 weeks of that
- both refuse to outright criticize their former
Sharleen has yet to say anything negative about JPG.  When he was at the height of his unpopularity she supported him on SM
- Sharleen had said that she & Caila both enjoy convos of depth.

It's been so long since Sharleen appeared on Bach.  She got a lot of negative nasty fan backlash.  People doubted she would be a good mother because she was an opera singer.  People accused her of only being there to boost her opera career.  The biggest black mark held against her was how she kissed cantstopl  

The point is, Caila, like Sharleen, lives her life in her own way and their tv romances are just short passages in their books of life.

I see your point. I don't know if Sharleen is a flip flopper. I just see her as someone who is hard to satisfy with unrealistic expectations and who is a glass half empty type.
IWouldMarryAshleyI
IWouldMarryAshleyI

Male Posts : 386

Back to top Go down

Post by siena Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:23 am

SheLift - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 59 2rmqfwh
source

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:05 am

SheLift - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 59 14295424_1109885579093310_1510251319_n
Thanks for the pic! #nyfw by @madd__s

SheLift - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 59 14272117_299198860449727_1086663460_n
So freaking stoked to see some of my work in us weekly! I had the amazing chance to work with some of the @bachelorabc girls on a shoot in Vegas last month. We had an incredible team and a lot of fun despite the blistering heat. Stay tuned for more and check out the link in my bio SheLift - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 59 1f64c by @meredithlynne_

Here is the article in US weekly that was referenced above: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelor-castoffs-pose-for-bridal-taylor-swift-shoot-w438569

SheLift - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 59 Valeriedenisephotos-calia-9cb21c69-e133-42b9-8f12-3200f30d99f0

source
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:51 am

SheLift - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 59 Cr3g0Y2VIAEJPEA
SheLift - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 59 Cr3g0bpW8AA6-D4
Caila Quinn ‏@CailaQuinn Manhattan, NY
Fierce is what we came for... #NYFW @sharleenjoynt

Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:11 am

siena wrote:[snipped]

In the HuffPo podcast Caila said again that at the end of the day Jared and her just weren't compatible and that it didn't ultimately have to do with Ashley because when true love is meant to be it'll conquer all.

I don't see that as being disingenuous, I see that as being objective and perceptive. Jared and Caila had their own relationship and they've taken responsibility for it. That isn't to say Ashley wasn't a factor, and that they can't mention that, but she's also ultimately not the reason Jared and Caila broke up. IMO that's a mature way of looking at the situation.

I personally would have wanted to call out some of the things that have been said, but that is true to my character. If Caila isn't that type of person (and she's not trying to intentionally harm anyone by being that way) then I think that it's valid and real to not engage with the drama. I agree @notarose that Sharleen and Caila share quite a lot of similarities and IMO are both genuine. Even in her recaps, Sharleen will try to give a balanced and diplomatic account of things. Sometimes IMO against what I would personally do or how I view people. 

[snipped]
:yes: I agree Good Post

Thanks for all the pics, links and vids, everyone Smiley 
The US Weekly article & short vid were interesting
- I always thought it was too bad that Jami/Shu/Lauren all arrived after Caila left since they seem to be among her closest friends from Ben's season based on SM & other media (Shu once called Caila her "soul sister"). Caila & Jen seem like friends (Jen was shown giving her a nice pep talk re the AI thing on BIP), but perhaps not as close based on SM (Caila has tweeted in support of Jen but I haven't seen vice versa, and when Nick was announced as Bach, Caila tweeted an excited message while the other girls in this group tweeted out the "you're too good for him/he won't find anyone better" message). I find this interesting.
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by siena Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:21 am

@TheWrongReasons Yeah I think Jen and Caila are friends, but not as close as the other girls (Jen did offer some support on the show when she said Ashley just needed to get over it and that it wasn't Caila's problem). I agree, it would've been great if Shu/Jami/Lauren had come earlier as it would've changed the dynamic for the better IMO. I actually think it's really silly that they don't just have everyone there from the start. It would've also been far more interesting to me to have had people like Wells and Christian there at the same time. There would've been far more possibilities, but TPTB clearly had a narrative they wanted to see play out.

Side note: The photographer from the Las Vegas shoot had some nice things to say again about Caila in response to an instagram question... "yup! She is seriously THE sweetest person". Smiley

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:55 am

@siena I definitely wish Christian & Wells had been there as options when Caila arrived. We might have been spared that whole arduous saga but of course tptb loved it. 

Kind of an off tangent thought, but  I find the Caila/Nick dynamic a bit strange. She's always had nothing but nice things to say about him (ex. She's described him as wise Yoda, calm, well thought out & that any girl would be lucky to date him because he would help them grow in themselves ... & at the end of the finale update montage where various girls are praising him as next Bach setup, I believe she says that he is "hot, so hot, relaxed & real"). Otoh, all he's said about her in interviews have amounted to thinly veiled shade (and some direct criticism of her being too "rehearsed" in a Ben Season podcast before he met her). The only positive thing I can think of was when he was like "damn, she's good looking" in an ITM & when he showed somewhat of an understanding that being too polite could get you in trouble. I wonder if they even truly interacted at all in Mexico or if he's just basing the shade on his friends' opinions/observation without truly talking to her. It could just be because she's a really nice person who always tries to find the positive in others & he is, by his own suggestion, kind of a "half-a$$hole",  who can be judgmental & talks before he thinks & seems overly obsessed with "authenticity". (I really like both of them though, so I guess I'm like the Sharleen in this situation laugh out loud).

I wonder what would have happened if she had asked him on that first date instead of Jared since he was 100% unattached at that time. They both seem like analytical intellectuals who can be great conversationalists & both seem to have walls up about truly opening up/can be too much in their heads - see his convo with Jade/Tanner & her confusing convo with Ben during the Bahamas date. I wonder if deep conversations would have sparked anything? Even if he ended up choosing Jen over her in this hypothetical scenario, at least she would have been spared all the J/AI drama. They (Nick & Caila) both seemed physically attracted to each other from their own admission so it wouldn't be crazy to try really talking to see where things could go. But perhaps Caila also heard him calling her rehearsed from before & deduced that there was no point in even considering it because he didn't seem to like her whereas Jared obviously did. 

So many random thoughts tonight! Lol

Eta: ❤️ The cute tweet Sharleen sent to Caila posted above! I always enjoy seeing support for her from BN peeps, especially since I also really like Sharleen Smiley

Last edited by TheWrongReasons on Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected some paraphrased quotes :))
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2

+68
IWouldMarryAshleyI
Joy15
veg_out
Sprite
kimberlyg