SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 53 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BIP - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  #2 - Page 53 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:43 am

notarose wrote:@Lennoxcolinroland
In an interview he was asked which lead (Bette) he thought was most beautiful and he answered "Jojo". I don't recall him saying she had the personality he wants however I may not have listened to the interview he said that in.

Blondes and brunettes: yes, according to his friend Marcos that is true.  His ex-gf, the one he was dating before Andi, was sometimes blonde and sometimes brunette. Don't know if that counts as both  giggling   Not sure what her natural color is.  I think Andi looks somewhat like her.  

I find it interesting that after all this time of Nick being in the spotlight we know nothing about his first love. I remember him talking about her on the first Bette season.  Something like 4-5 years in an on/off relationship.  We also know nothing much about his fiancé except that it was not good.  One of his friends mentioned her in an interview he gave, also during the first Bette season, and said they didn't approve of her. At least both these women have class as neither have tried to sell their story.

As to Andi and Nick, I think Nick has too much self-respect.  She wasn't his first love (always special), she was one in a series of loves. 3rd at the very least in his real life. It just happens to be the only one we saw. He even said in an interview after Kaitlyn's season( because the host asked) that although he was prepared to propose to Andi, he was doing so as a leap of faith because he had reservations. I think Nick is a solid example of the merits of putting your past where it belongs when it comes to old flames. He's loved at least 5 women that we know of.  He's hopefully going to find his keeper.
Was it an interview or Afterbuzz? Whatever he and JoJo had (according to RS), he's been very mum about her, I've noticed. He used to mention her all the time, and now he's very reluctant to mention her. Plus, I noticed he unfollowed her on IG in the last few weeks (at least I think so. Unless there's a glitch with my IG.) Maybe cause of the Jordan pics..? laugh out loud Was he still bitter about the whole situation...before the bachelor gig came along? I wonder...

notarose wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:Andi is too much for Nick. She's too much for everybody (who wants a nice girl, at the very least.) Her biotchiness outweighs her positive traits. She's also not very funny. Yeah, she has a tough woman persona, but she's not lighthearted or silly. She takes herself too seriously. IMO.

Kaitlyn is just too wild. She's funny, lighthearted, *doesnt give a F* attitude. But she's not *lady like* (can't think of another word or phrase) in any way, shape, or form. IMO.

JoJo is too soft. She's funny, light hearted, bubbly, and NICE (something the other two ladies lack most of the time.) But she's too sensitive. IMO.

^ All three of these ladies share a lot of characteristics, but are very different too. They're all female "bosses". But they handle their "boss" ways very differently. I think Nick needs a solid mixture of an Andi, Kaitlyn, and JoJo. IMO.

I really liked Jen's approach.  She questioned Josh about the boom boom room in a way that was assertive without being bitchy.  She was upfront and direct with both Ashley and Caila.  I think Jen has great assertiveness coupled with calm.  She is a leader rather than a boss. And like Jojo, she has generous amounts of empathy.
This was very compatible with Nick's style for possible parenting and a great example of a strong woman.  There were just other things that seemed lacking in their relationship.  They didn't quite click.
I highly agree. Jen seems confident, sweet, and easy going. She's just wayyyy too low key. She's not someone who can walk in a room and steal the spotlight with her PERSONALITY (soley looks though? Yes!) or someone who's the "life of the party" type of woman. And I really think that matters to Nick. One of the most important things he wants in a woman is someone who has charisma. And like I said, he would eventually get bored with her..because she lacks that IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

BIP - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  #2 - Page 53 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by kimberlyg Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:46 am

The more I think about it, I actually know someone who fits the personality type he's looking for (and it's not me laugh out loud).  Very type A, life-of-the-party, same age as Nick, ballbuster, would definitely call him on his ****, smart, good job, etc.  She's also super super pretty, but in a different way than Nick usually goes for, so I don't know if he'd be able to get past that.  Too bad she hates the show, or I'd have tried to convince her to sign up, as I think he might be her type too laugh out loud.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:46 am

sosleepy wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I don't even mind a vanilla as long as there's some magic there. Sparks and a sweet connection. I never saw it with his last two stints. I'm hoping for someone to give him a reality check, a girl who makes him wanna work again laugh out loud. Leave LA.

What'll disappoint me is a blatantly bad pick with zero potential.

Exactly. He needs a career centered, strong woman grounded in reality, like Whitney Bischoff characteristics. Someone who isn't fame seeking. Her primary job is to get  his butt extracted out of Bachelor Make Believe Land and back into reality. It's time. He's made it to the top, now there is no where to go but down. He can move anywhere and start over.

Also I don't mind vanilla either if the connection is good.  Ben is my all time fave, and I loved Des too. laugh out loud

So funny. Whitney also came to my mind as the type of girl I think would be good with Nick.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:12 am

^ Whitney is too "happy go lucky". Someone like that would annoy Nick. I also don't think he wants to go back to "normal" life. He loves living in LA, modeling, being in the Bach circle. So, someone like Whitney, who went right back to regular life after the show, wouldn't work for/with him. IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:54 am

As a franchise personality prototype, I pick Molly Mesnick.
She walked through a firestorm to be and stay with Jason.  I remember reading they were bombarded with nasty fan stuff. She wanted her guy because she believed in "them" and wouldn't allow public opinion to sway her.  
She is fun, energetic, sassy, witty. She embraced Jason's life including being all in as a stepmom and now mom to their second child while also pursuing her own identity in the work force.
She's a dynamite kind of personality that is well grounded.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:34 am

notarose wrote:As a franchise personality prototype, I pick Molly Mesnick.
She walked through a firestorm to be and stay with Jason.  I remember reading they were bombarded with nasty fan stuff. She wanted her guy because she believed in "them" and wouldn't allow public opinion to sway her.  
She is fun, energetic, sassy, witty. She embraced Jason's life including being all in as a stepmom and now mom to their second child while also pursuing her own identity in the work force.
She's a dynamite kind of personality that is well grounded.
Ohhhhh I agree with this! Molly is awesome. She's my favorite female in the "married couples club" of the franchise.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:12 pm

Yes. This is a great thought.  I agree as well.   BIP - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  #2 - Page 53 1f446

Last edited by OnePromise on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:20 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:^ Whitney is too "happy go lucky". Someone like that would annoy Nick. I also don't think he wants to go back to "normal" life. He loves living in LA, modeling, being in the Bach circle. So, someone like Whitney, who went right back to regular life after the show, wouldn't work for/with him. IMO.

Whitney and Nick are a terrible match. She just has characteristics he NEEDS *if* he wants something real out of this. He's so intrenched in Bachelor universe. For something real, he needs a grounded woman, strong, career focused without the fame bug. Those are the characteristics Whitney has that Nick needs. Someone to extract him back into real life and screw his head back on straight after his 3+ year Bach vacation.

If he wants to stay in make believe LaLa land and picks accordingly, this won't work for him. His prerogative.

ETA: Molly!!! Whoever said it, perfect. He needs a Molly. Smart, loyal, kinda tough and firecracky, strong, career focused, has a little bit of the fame bug, but also very normal and retreats to normal life. That's Nick's prototype for sure!

Last edited by sosleepy on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:23 pm

I haven't read through all the pages. So forgive me if this has been rehashed/answered again and again. Are there supposedly going to be two returnees? I haven't watched a second of BIP, not my cup of tea. But I would love to see Caila/Nick type of date. She's not forward like Andi but she's a smart cookie. Did she have a bad/different edit on BIP?

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:27 pm

It's funny to read everyone's ideas about what Nick's "type" is. The reality is that we really don't know, because up until now, his universe has been very limited to the one or two choices put in front of him. Now he will get at least 25 to choose from, and how he reacts and who he gravitates to will better answer that question of what he's looking for in a wife. IF he's looking of course, and not just hoping to extend his 15 minutes once again. I am so looking forward to having some light shed on this topic after all the speculation. Can't believe how much more excited I am about a Nick season than I was about Luke or Chase. As someone said, bring the popcorn! Hugesmile

I wonder how the producers will package him as far as his profession. Software salesman extraordinaire? Aspiring underwear model? Reality show "star"? Professional runner up? The possibilities are endless.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:32 pm

ironcat wrote:It's funny to read everyone's ideas about what Nick's "type" is.  The reality is that we really don't know, because up until now, his universe has been very limited to the one or two choices put in front of him.  Now he will get at least 25 to choose from, and how he reacts and who he gravitates to will better answer that question of what he's looking for in a wife.  IF he's looking of course, and not just hoping to extend his 15 minutes once again.  I am so looking forward to having some light shed on this topic after all the speculation.  Can't believe how much more excited I am about a Nick season than I was about Luke or Chase. As someone said, bring the popcorn!  Hugesmile

I wonder how the producers will package him as far as his profession.  Software salesman extraordinaire?  Aspiring underwear model? Reality show "star"?  Professional runner up?  The possibilities are endless.

So much yes!! What an excellent, out of the box choice. It's both familiar and safe, but also new and exciting. The choice oddly breaths fresh life into the franchise even though Nick is used and familiar. It also allows BIP a higher profile stage as now we know a lead can come from there, potentially attracting more heavy weight names into that pool. JoJo's guys were all so underwhelming to me, including Chase and Luke. Nick was by FAR the best choice. I can't believe how excited I am to see his own chapter.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:43 pm

I'm starting to wonder if the producers had BiP in mind as a B-Team recruitment ground all along. Sure, they had Luke as a strong pick for TB and Chase as a reasonable back-up. But it's possible that Nick, Josh, and perhaps even Wells were invited to Paradise partly with an eye to seeing how they did. And now that people see you can get recruited for lead from Paradise, it will make it that much easier to fill the 28-30 Paradise slots without having to go with a "Who is that?" from a long-ago and faraway season as a selection.

One thing that I noticed on Paradise (especially early on, before he paired off with Jen,) was how the women flocked to Nick as a friend. You would see him sitting on the beach, surrounded by the ladies. I think they trusted him and felt safe around him. So I think that he will make a terrific lead. If nothing else, the women in the house are going to love him as a friend. And I think that will be his whole approach as a series veteran, to make sure that he is a great Bachelor "host" and ambassador to the newly arriving cast members.

I came on board during Andi's season, so I can't off the top of my head think of a cast member who has had the right personality type for him. I did find it surprising that he was initially attracted to Amanda on Paradise. IMO Amanda, although quite beautiful, is too soft, sweet, and submissive a personality type for him. At the same time, I think he does need an element of sweetness and kindness to balance the outgoing and somewhat sassy characteristics of his ideal woman.

You know what I think he's going to need more than any other characteristic in a woman? Intelligence. Not necessarily (and likely NOT) intellectual, but smart. Nick is a good conversationalist and he is going to need a woman that keep up with him in that regard. Along with that, confidence, an outgoing personality, quietly assertive when needed, not afraid to call him out, sassy at times, and fun, with an underlying sweetness and kindness. JMO.

I also think that Nick will fall head-over-heels, no doubt, so I *really* hope he picks well and finds the right one. He has a big heart and it's his time.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+118
MonicaJM2001
gurlbrit
nan27
lleyki
whit90