SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 5 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:31 am

Doesn't every franchise have that though...the heated discussions, the backlash swearing that they won't watch the show anymore....just think that's a norm and not just to this franchise.

I would think that Matty doesn't fit that mold. He's just not ready and IMO very mature, both on the show and afterwards but that's my opinion on it.

IMO, there's a reason why they don't pick the the F2 for most reasons....it doesn't ring true for them to want to find someone already....IMO, they'd choose someone else in the F3-6 bracket or maybe someone from the first season, say Dave from the first season or Jake from the current season.

I just don't think that many would be interested in Matty...not a season that would be enjoyable to me. To me, he doesn't have that star quality at allllllll

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:33 am

Bobette wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
Bobette wrote:

Good Post @bach_ind

I think it's fair enough Matty would still have feelings for Georgia 2 months after filming and if he'd said he was completely over her he'd be accused of not having feelings for her in the first place - classic "damned if you do and damned if you don't".

IMO, TPTB would see Matty as their best option to revive the flagging Bachelor AU franchise after the disastrous Richie season and the huge drop in ratings during Georgia's run, since he already has a large established fanbase in the wider community.

IMO none of the other contestants from last season come close to matching his pulling power.  Now that the media is speculating he might be available, there will be a level of expectation and I think, for many, anyone else would be a disappointment.

IMO Matty has handled himself extremely well since the end of the show and I find him to be nothing other than genuine and respectful. I feel like his story is "unfinished", and IMO viewers would tune-in in droves to watch him find his HEA.  

If he's now feeling ready to move on, IMO Matty would make a great Lead, and I think TPTB will go all out to sign him up.
I just think that Matty would not be a good lead.  The things that he's said after the show in interviews, etc leads me to think that he's bitter, and self entitled to HIS season.  I think that the franchise would benefit from someone OTHER than Matty.  As far as Richie's season...how was it a disaster???  Just because he didn't choose Nikki???  Or based on ratings???  IMO a season of Matty won't bring the franchise up to snuff if it is just because of a ratings thing.  The words, etc that Matty has said in post season interviews leaves me thinking that he's not mature or ready for his season on this.  Also think that personality wise, as a viewer, I'd get into someone else than him.

Yes, by disaster I am referring to the ratings slump and heated backlash, with many viewers swearing they would never watch the show again.  Pretty disastrous IMO for the producers who's livelihood depends on people watching their show, and a situation I don't think they'd want to repeat.  

They need a popular, attractive, articulate, capable lead who has good on-screen presence and above all is DESIRABLE to contestants and viewers alike.  A man who women would quite literally compete with each other to date (since let's face it, that's the whole premise of the show).

Matty is the only one from Georgia's season who fits all of those criteria IMO. Cameron, Jake and Clancy are all likeable in their own ways, but i don't think any of them have the "star quality" a Lead requires.  If not Matty, they are going to have to bring in a red hot random new guy, IMO.

IA, the Bachelor needs to have that star quality you mentioned - whether it's Matty or someone new. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyala Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:34 am

Aunties_Love wrote:
in_denial wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
With regards to Matty....I just thought that he was pretty much a gonner but as we've been told in the past numerous times, by now they really should be long over it and ready to move on in the media and everywhere....not carrying on a grudge, etc.  IMO that will give you no favors.  IMO, there would be a better lead in Clancy, Matt D or even Jake from this season or with Dave from last season if he's still not taken....IMO, Matty needs to grow up a bit.

I have not read anything that suggests Matty is holding onto a grudge. I barely see any articles about Matty now, so IMO, he isn't "milking" anything. Again, the media will release already published info to keep the story going *IMO*. **EDIT** Matty has - he is widely liked in the general public and the show knows this. He would therefore be the logical choice *IMO* for the next Bach if they choose to "recycle".
Well, as a viewer, it is really an impression that I got.  Matty's just not mature enough to be the lead.  Not ready to find someone and to tell the truth, find him milking it all and just not mature enough to pull off a season.  That along with just not my cup of tea, I'd prefer for there to be someone else......almost ANYONE else than Matty for that matter.  Just feel that Matty needs to seriously grow up before taking on a season on his own.

IMO if he was milking it all he would have been way more into instagram etc. I think he did all the interviews and he answered truthfully what they wanted to know (and G not doing interviews made the pressure even bigger on him) and maybe too truthful for some but I was so glad someone finally said what it was like. That makes him truthful IMO and not immature. He didn't say any mean things about Lee or Georgina, he only spoke about the pain which others have done before him. I also don't see him speaking about it anymore so I don't see the milking.

Miyala

Female Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post by Cetamy Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:35 am

It wouldn't be a bad idea to bring in someone new that we don't know either. In fact someone mid thirties like Sam Wood. I'm sure all the remaining contestants from Georgia's season don't need to go back on a show to find love. JMO.
Cetamy
Cetamy

Female Posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:06 am

Aunties_Love wrote:

Snipped...

IMO, there's a reason why they don't pick the the F2 for most reasons....it doesn't ring true for them to want to find someone already....IMO, they'd choose someone else in the F3-6 bracket or maybe someone from the first season, say Dave from the first season or Jake from the current season.

I just don't think that many would be interested in Matty...not a season that would be enjoyable to me.  To me, he doesn't have that star quality at allllllll

Re: The bold - IMO, yes, many would.  Many, many, many, IMO.  Also, I don't even remember who Dave from season 1 is.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:21 am

Miyala wrote:
IMO if he was milking it all he would have been way more into instagram etc. I think he did all the interviews and he answered truthfully what they wanted to know (and G not doing interviews made the pressure even bigger on him) and maybe too truthful for some but I was so glad someone finally said what it was like. That makes him truthful IMO and not immature. He didn't say any mean things about Lee or Georgina, he only spoke about the pain which others have done before him. I also don't see him speaking about it anymore so I don't see the milking.

Good Post @Miyala I agree

I only recall Matty doing short TV interviews with The Panel and Studio Ten (which would have been required under his contract) and a few online/text articles.  He's had minimal social media activity since the show ended, and was notably absent from the Melb Cup.  

Last edited by Bobette on Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:22 am

Bobette wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:

Snipped...

I just don't think that many would be interested in Matty...not a season that would be enjoyable to me.  To me, he doesn't have that star quality at allllllll

Re: The bold - IMO, yes, many would.  Many, many, many, IMO.  Also, I don't even remember who Dave from season 1 is.

Dave has a girlfriend and can't string two coherent words together so I don't think he would be a good fit IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:25 am

Oh sorry forgot to add, yes Matty is still popular IMO with not only the public but Osher and the crew. That's always a bonus. Oh and also he was at the Ten Upfronts so highly likely he is being pegged for the role so watch this space I say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:48 am

Guess time will tell on Matty. Just think that either another from this season or someone new would be better than Matty. I agree someone in their mid 30's would be a great idea.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:41 am

http://www.mamamia.com.au/matty-j-the-bachelor/

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:45 am

I would love, love, love to see Matty as The Bachelor. I don't find him insincere or conceited at all. I think he just fell extremely hard for Georgia (she seemed very into him on The Love Boat date and jacuzzi date as she was making the first moves each time) so I think he just read her signals wrong. At the finale, it was clear as day that he was absolutely heartbroken. He actually bent over double and you could tell he was going to cry in the car any minute. I think Matty is perfection. *EDIT*

This is all just my opinion.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:48 am

Reminder: the topic is Bachelor Australia S5. Please keep discussion on-topic and about potential leads for S5. TYIA
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+39
stuckinsc
catalyst
Amalia
mercieme
Wrecking Ball
Zaynab
robinvi
pvpr
carraiger
ThankMeLater
Hearts_And_Roses