SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

Page 32 of 80 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 56 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

Post by mindless Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:25 am

allykat wrote:I think both things can be true...MF is a sexist who isn't giving female leads opportunities for DWTS, and Kaitlyn is an obnoxious/entitled whiner who deserves what she gets. They aren't mutually exclusive, IMO.

Kaitlyn isn't the best messenger for this because she is aggressively entitled and obnoxious, and because everything everyone has already said. I understand his inclination to punish her, it's well deserved IMO.

But that doesn't mean MF isn't a misogynist who doesn't give female leads as many 'star' opportunities post show. IMO, the female leads that have 'made it' post show have done so on their own - Andi's book, Ally with hosting/etc, Jilly with her shows. The male leads that have 'made it' have done so with franchise opportunities - DWTS, hosting after show, Happily Ever After.

How many Bachelor leads have gone on to have some long-lasting career out of this show though? I mean Sean does try his best and Chris will accept an invitation to anything that'll have him, but it's not like the show is setting all Bachelors up for life either. DWTS may pay well but it's over in a few weeks.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:27 am

I wouldn't say CS stint on DWTS did him any good, nor BenH HEA. IDK I'm the first one to agree all things about MF, but I don't think the opportunities make a difference. Ali is a go-getter. Took her a long time to get there. Jilly had a lot of talent before going on the show. IMO their appearance's on their shows, both helped them, compared to CS and BenH, not so successful IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:28 am

Cila51290 wrote:IMO, Kaitlyn is too polarizing. I don't even think DWTS would even want her azz. She would probably throw them under the bus too. Plus I doubt she would like the scores Len would give her. Right now she's just showing everyone in this biz that she can't be trusted. JMO
I agree laugh out loud I don't think DWTS demographics would've liked her all that much. Those fans seem to dislike overly sexual ppl and ppl who talk back to the judges. Kaitlyn would've been/done both IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:31 am

I'm shocked at how many responses she got to that tweet about being offered DWTS, and then MF (whose name she misspelled) took it away. I think the only reason it was taken away was simply because he doesn't like her - period. I don't think it has anything to do with people wanting fame, being sexist, double standard or making the relationship work. He just doesn't like her and was probably happy to see her head explode. IMO
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:35 am

Shawn seems to be staying out of this?

OTOH I would have loved to see her on DWTS working 20 hours a day with little sleep, no drinking, and away from Shawn. Standing infront of Len ripping her apart. I wonder how she would take to constructive criticism by a panel of judges, then being eliminated over someone who has worse dancing skills then she does.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:39 am

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
Cila51290 wrote:IMO, Kaitlyn is too polarizing. I don't even think DWTS would even want her azz. She would probably throw them under the bus too. Plus I doubt she would like the scores Len would give her. Right now she's just showing everyone in this biz that she can't be trusted. JMO
I agree laugh out loud I don't think DWTS demographics would've liked her all that much. Those fans seem to dislike overly sexual ppl and ppl who talk back to the judges. Kaitlyn would've been/done both IMO.

One thing that would concern me with DWTS having her on, is as we all know, is she likes to drink. I don't know if they all go out after each episode to a bar to relax but they do so a few times and I could see Kaitlyn overdoing it and that would not be a good thing, especially since the media is at times outside waiting to film and talk to them. JMO

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 32 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:46 am

For Bachelors - going back a bit but the only media successful ones I would really count are Travis Stork and Jesse Palmer. So, you know, the ones with actual talent/education/careers to work towards in the spotlight. Sean tries and rides the wave of successful Bachelor marriage hard. Ben tried with HEA, but now he's just working his old little job again. The Farmer is the farmer. Everyone else is forgettable and out of the spotlight completely. 

I'd say the most successful Ettes (in the media) are Jillian and Ali, to a a lesser degree. Jillian used her actual talents and education to move her way up. Ali has a positivity and warmth, a layer of gratitude Kaitlyn will never have. She has charisma and got lucky with her hosting gigs. She's the anomaly. All the other Ettes kinda do their own thing outside the spotlight. Minus Andi "the author." But even Andi I find more self aware and tolerable than K these days.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:04 pm

sosleepy wrote:For Bachelors - going back a bit but the only media successful ones I would really count are Travis Stork and Jesse Palmer. So, you know, the ones with actual talent/education/careers to work towards in the spotlight. Sean tries and rides the wave of successful Bachelor marriage hard. Ben tried with HEA, but now he's just working his old little job again. The Farmer is the farmer. Everyone else is forgettable and out of the spotlight completely. 

I'd say the most successful Ettes (in the media) are Jillian and Ali, to a a lesser degree. Jillian used her actual talents and education to move her way up. Ali has a positivity and warmth, a layer of gratitude Kaitlyn will never have. She has charisma and got lucky with her hosting gigs. She's the anomaly. All the other Ettes kinda do their own thing outside the spotlight. Minus Andi "the author." But even Andi I find more self aware and tolerable than K these days.

Yes. IMO what the "successful" leads have in common is not their gender, but their positive attitude, talent and perseverance. Have any of them bit the hand that feeds them? I don't think so. The reason Kaitlyn has little to boast about after her season is the same reason she had no real accomplishments or career before the show. She's not a hard-working go-getter and that's fine, just don't expect things to be handed to you on a silver platter and whine when they aren't just because you were the star of one season of a reality TV show. It's like she's under the impression that TPTB were working for her, not the other way around. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:10 pm

What annoys me so much is she did get so much out of the show. She got Shawn. Do soulmates grow on trees these days? laugh out loud And not to mention all the shilling opportunities, trips, platform to launch Shawn's business (who's actually a hard worker by the way IMO), and the ability to buy her gorgeous home. It's frustrating because she actually feels shafted and hurt but it's very unfounded IMO.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:15 pm

I'd be curious to see what her reaction would be like if anyone but Nick got it. It seems like both JoJo and Ben were at least in talks about doing it, so I wonder how she would have reacted of they got it or how she will react if Rachel gets it. I do think the fact that it's Nick is an added punch for her. JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Alanna wrote:What annoys me so much is she did get so much out of the show. She got Shawn. Do soulmates grow on trees these days? laugh out loud And not to mention all the shilling opportunities, trips, platform to launch Shawn's business (who's actually a hard worker by the way IMO), and the ability to buy her gorgeous home. It's frustrating because she actually feels shafted and hurt but it's very unfounded IMO.

Yes. Exactly this. 34 leads. Exactly 5 are married. Kaitlyn may as well be. She's sooooo insanely lucky. The only reason people are even remotely talking about her still is because of Shawn. She hit the freaking Bachelor/Ette lottery by actually getting what all these leads are "supposedly" looking for.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Honestly I don't give a crap about her being 'grateful', or 'biting the hands that feed her' (also I absolutely hate that train thought in general), none of that bothers me, I have ZERO problems with her calling anyone out. But you can't call them out and still expect to get things from them, that's not reality. Also it's been almost 2 years move tf on. I wish she cared as little as she pretends. JMO.

@Ash2214 It's an extra punch because it's Nick but think it's be the same no matter who gets/will get it. We saw this same saltiness when Ben got HEA. JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 80 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 56 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

+104
Billysmom
terabithia
notarose
Mozhi1
Vrenessa