SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 2 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

finale - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:05 pm

I hope it will be Rachel, sorry an african american would be something different.

Back to top Go down

finale - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by coolangel Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Lara wrote:Nick's season seems like it's going to make Kaitlyn look like a nun, yet it's performed worse in ratings than three previous bachelor seasons, IIRC

I have a little insight into this since I interned for a major studio in LA while in school. Even though as fans we compare the numbers to previous seasons, that is not what studios/TPTB take into consideration while determining if a season/show is popular or not in terms of rating. From what I understood while there, The key is to dominate the time slot and win the demographic they are targeting.

With the popularity of Netflix/Amazon Prime/Hulu and online apps for ABC/HBO, people's viewing habits have changed. The number of people who watch any show is now divided among the ones who watch it on TV(the rating which is measured), the ones who watch it live online and the ones who watch it later on the app. IMO It is anticipated that year by year, the number of people who watch any show on TV will keep decreasing with cord cutting and the ones who watch it online/app will keep increasing. So for rating/show popularity measure, they only take the comparison with other shows in the time-slot and not previous years. When a show falls behind other shows in the time-slot, only then it is considered a weak season and cause for concern. This was what I had gathered while working and since I am not producing any official documents as proof, all of it can be taken as my opinion. Smiley
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:48 pm

@coolangel Thank you for your explanation. That is quite enlightening and makes a lot of sense to me.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Thanks for that explanation! Makes a lot of sense!

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:59 pm

Thanks @coolangel ! That's great info!

Thanks to @hae1001 we have a TV rating thread.

GuardianAngel wrote:
Maddy wrote:finale - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 C1Sm1-mXEAExi_j
Chris Harrison ‏@chrisbharrison  
Thanks Ray RT @raycoletv: Bottom of the 1st...
@chrisbharrison       1
@Schwarzenegger   0

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t3984-bachelor-21-nick-viall-tv-ratings-no-discussion-sleuthing-spoilers

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:03 pm

IMO it will be Rachel. No question.

Corrine may be entertaining but by the time the finale airs, she will be  akin to the crazy aunt that everyone loves to talk about but no one takes seriously.  She is endearing at times but is never going to be the lead.

I like Raven and she would likely have had a chance if it weren't for Rachel.

IMO the executives have been looking for a way to diversify the lead and bring in a broader audience. This is the first time they have a legitimate chance to cast a predicted fan favorite with diversity.  I do not think they will pass it up. Especially if they have control over what is shown in regards to Rachel's "edit".

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:11 pm

IMO Rachel will not do anything to tarnish her reputation so she will get a good edit, almost hidden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:22 pm

reason wrote:IMO Rachel will not do anything to tarnish her reputation so she will get a good edit, almost hidden

I don't think so either. She seems well liked by the other women and obviously Nick since he took her to F3 and based on the photos we got of their dancing date. That being said, you never know how the audience will take to someone. Personally, I would love to finally see a diverse lead and see how tptb would deal with the edit, but I need to see more of her. I really want to see how she comes across on screen. She did fine the first night, but that was very brief and there weren't any issues that she had to deal with. I want to see if she can show her emotional side, and be fun and sassy or if she comes across as stiff and stilted. Bring it on!

When is her first 1:1?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:31 pm

I think the New Orleans date is her first 1 on 1. So that might be episode 5 or something. I guess after this week's episode they go to Nick's hometown and then after that it's New Orleans.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:00 pm

I think it will be whoever played their cards right with the producers. Clearly Corrine is a puppet but too polarizing to become the Ette. It's most likely going to be Rachel because of the supposed fight with the F1. I'm also guessing the whole "#teamRachel" after the supposed fight will help her chances even more. I'm fine with either Raven or Rachel getting the gig. Both seem great just from conversations they've both had with Nick.
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:14 pm

Cila51290 wrote:I think it will be whoever played their cards right with the producers. Clearly Corrine is a puppet but too polarizing to become the Ette. It's most likely going to be Rachel because of the supposed fight with the F1. I'm also guessing the whole "#teamRachel" after the supposed fight will help her chances even more. I'm fine with either Raven or Rachel getting the gig. Both seem great just from conversations they've both had with Nick.

They both came across well, but to be honest, despite that accent, as of now I am ever so slightly leaning toward Raven. She seems sassy and a little more fun. Of course, that could be because I have seen a little more of her. I need to see Rachel in action and not on her best behaviour.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dare2b... Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:41 pm

coolangel wrote:
Lara wrote:Nick's season seems like it's going to make Kaitlyn look like a nun, yet it's performed worse in ratings than three previous bachelor seasons, IIRC

I have a little insight into this since I interned for a major studio in LA while in school. Even though as fans we compare the numbers to previous seasons, that is not what studios/TPTB take into consideration while determining if a season/show is popular or not in terms of rating. From what I understood while there, The key is to dominate the time slot and win the demographic they are targeting.

With the popularity of Netflix/Amazon Prime/Hulu and online apps for ABC/HBO, people's viewing habits have changed. The number of people who watch any show is now divided among the ones who watch it on TV(the rating which is measured), the ones who watch it live online and the ones who watch it later on the app. IMO It is anticipated that year by year, the number of people who watch any show on TV will keep decreasing with cord cutting and the ones who watch it online/app will keep increasing. So for rating/show popularity measure, they only take the comparison with other shows in the time-slot and not previous years. When a show falls behind other shows in the time-slot, only then it is considered a weak season and cause for concern. This was what I had gathered while working and since I am not producing any official documents as proof, all of it can be taken as my opinion. Smiley

Great insight coolangel. I would also add that they also take into account the social TV ratings i.e. how well the show is doing on social media during the live broadcast. Social TV ratings are very helpful for the networks because they offer an additional and visible way to sell the show to advertisers. The insights that cen be derived from social media data is more in-depth than regular ratings, it also tends to skew younger which is also a plus for advertisers who highly prize the 18-34 demo above all else, and it offers a direct way for advertisers to interact with the audience.

With traditional metrics there is more of a "take it on faith" attitude that the desirable demo is watching the show and saw the advertiser's commercial. Nowadays with DVRs, there is a higher probability that the desired audience did not see your commercial, but if you engage with them directly on social media you can at least get some of the exposure that you want.

Social media analytics can also help advertisers target consumers in indirect ways. For example looking at affinity metrics - i.e. what particular viewers of a show tend to like as well gives you the opportunity to do more targeted advertising so you know exactly where to reach them. So many people don't realize how much information they give out when they engage with social media tools - particularly on mobile devices. Just tweeting about the Bachelor can allow advertisers to build in-depth profiles about you - your likes/dislikes, political viewpoint, financial status etc.

The Bachelor is one of the top social TV shows - came in 2nd this week to the Golden Globes (which is seen as an outlier because it is an event show).

Source: http://www.nielsensocial.com/socialcontentratings/weekly/

I'll bet that's why someone like Nick was chosen and why we'll be subject to antics such as Corinne's. It's all about getting people to talk about the show and Nick is definitely controversial enough and Corinne seems to be headed towards the same path.

Dare2b...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+97
momoftrips
Incorrect_Justifications
ChazSA
cheetarah1980
moviechicka