SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #21

Page 45 of 79 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #21 - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #21

Post by Billysmom Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:43 am

I'm hoping being around peta and maks will be a plus....I can't imagine their relationship was always easy
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #21 - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #21

Post by Catdwoman50 Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:45 am

I think what I love about Nick is that he is expressive - he is a true romantic, IMO

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:56 am

Billysmom wrote:I'm hoping being around peta and maks will be a plus....I can't imagine their relationship was always easy

As a DWTS viewer far more than The Bachelor, I can tell you it wasn't. First of all, I adore Peta but Maks, well to be frank, can be a bit of a jerk. He actually dumped her the first time they dated and then after he dumped her, as she was packing up her stuff, he asked her why she was packing because he made it known to her that the breakup was in his mind only temporary.

And they shared this story after getting engaged because I guess it was meant to be romantic. Instead, IMO, it made it seem like Maks dumped her but knew she'd stick around for when he eventually came around to her again. Then of course they had to work on DWTS together after the breakup and because Maks has quite a romantic history, things were really awkward at times. Because there was Karina, another Pro who was still on the show who Maks had been engaged to once and he and the current co-host Erin Andrews also dated briefly after she competed on the show, where Maks was her Pro.

And around the time he and Peta started getting back together, Maks competed and won with Meryl Davis where they played up the showmance big time to the point that a lot of viewers truly bought into it. As a result, when the writing on the wall became clear that things with Meryl was pretty much a showmance and he and Peta were actually back together, Peta got a lot of hate from angry and disappointed shippers. Hell there are still some who believe she got pregnant to trap him. Never mind that they were already engaged for almost a year by the time Peta got pregnant.

And of course most recently, they've been criticized for both coming back to compete so soon after their baby was born. It was a surprise because the way Peta spoke before giving birth, gave the impression that she wouldn't be back until the Fall season and Maks said last season he was done with the show (but to be fair, he's said that repeatedly). There was enough backlash that they even did an interview with People I think, to talk about it. So yeah, long story short, Maks and Peta have definitely had their share of negativity and criticism, etc. And like you, I actually did think that getting to know them might actually be good for Nick and Vanessa, especially with the negative reaction they're getting right now.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:18 am

We hear the term "they are so real" IMo Nick and Vanessa are the reality of that term. To have a conversation adding up the pro's and con's of living together shows just how much they communicate to make sure they are on the same page. To come out publicly and identify the challenges which doesn't mean they aren't getting along, it means the real challenges in this unrealistic environment and how they are handling it is huge. How many newly engaged couples, married couples, or just b/g couples are they helping by being honest?

Bringing the very real issues to the forefront and not sugar coating anything IMO is "real". I bet you anything future couples will learn a thing or two about the way they are handling this.

It's obvious IMO they are very much in love. Nick is over the moon, Vanessa looks at him talking nodding her head yes giving reassurance. They very much support each other not only in body language but in what they talk about.

Congrats to sleuthers who were on to them and their SHV's, and I'll take the credit for the home made sauce, I just knew it was! laugh out loud

I also wondered how long it would take for Nick to start 'eh'ing. Since I caught him saying Montreal like a true Montrealer I knew it wouldn't take long. laugh out loud

I am looking forward to DWTS and everything after that. Whatever happens, these two are one of the most sincere logical mature individuals to come out of this show IMHO.

Thanks to all for bringing the vids over, your contribution to our forum is what makes it a great place to be. yes I will put them in the NO Discussion thread. I only listened to the first one, looking forward to the rest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:30 am

Cila51290 wrote:If they are really serious about staying together do you guys think they might secretly wed in civil court to speed up the legal papers for Vanessa to work in the US? Idk how these things work but how does Kaitlyn do it ? Does V just need an employer to sponsor her?

Nick can sponsor her as his fiancée. My friend had her fiancée do that. I'm a UK citizen married to an American; we were married in the UK before we came back to the States; I applied for my "resident alien card" via the US Embassy in London as an IR-1 - immediate relative (spouse). One of the things that the US doesn't want is people marrying a US citizen just to get sponsorship into the US, so they are very careful about doing background checks.

She can be here any time up to six months on a temporary non-working visa, but in order to work, she will have to apply for a "resident alien card".

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #21 - Page 45 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:32 am

That Refinery29 article articulated why I have so much respect for Vanessa.

It should be common knowledge now that "high maintenance" and "needy" are more than a little gendered. The word reinforces the "cool-girl complex." The cool girl — in this situation, that's the nonchalant Raven Gates — doesn't care about location. She doesn't care about emotional baggage. The cool girl doesn't care about much of anything, really. She's more object than agent, and that's why the "cool girl" trope isn't okay.
Vanessa Grimaldi, by speaking up on the relationship issues that matter to her, claimed some agency for herself in a television show that barely allows for any at all. Her offense is merely that she overstepped the show's guidelines. The Bachelor — and we viewers are complicit in this — wanted her to be acquiescent. Her only job was to say "yes" without any caveats. When she didn't, the internet revolted.
Vanessa Grimaldi not needy — she's realistic. She's intelligent. And the "cool girl" isn't always as chill as we think, anyway. Gone Girl taught us that.

The article actually reminded me of the Here to Make Friends podcast with Allison Williams (actress on Girls and Get Out). If you guys want to listen to someone who gets Nick and Vanessa's relationship, she has some really good insight. She doesn't fawn over them, but she acknowledges how their conversations were testament to how real their relationship has been. In reference to the "heavy" conversations that were aired, Allison said, "They take their love for each other just as a given, and now they're just moving forward."
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:34 am

I love Vanessa asking who is Trista and Nick answered she's the godmother and the face he made! So cute and funny! is that Extra ?
I also noticed in their fist interview, Kimmel, V answered most questions first. But then at the other interviews, Nick answered first and she just looked at him and smiled. They just seem like a team!
Can't wait to see their normal life on sm.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:44 am

This couple just get each other. I love it!

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by Jina Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:07 am

The magical proposal  :rosiecolored  seeing hearts  Jumping hearts  :sprinklehearts

3 moments stood out to me:
First Nick's reaction the moment Vanessa opened the door. heartbeat
Vanessa's reaction when Nick's says he's in love with her like she was on cloud nine. cloud nine cloud nine cloud nine (Can someone please make a GIF oh her reaction  Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #21 - Page 45 1f64f )
And finally the kiss on the forhead when he was down on one knee. heartbeat
Jina
Jina

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:17 am

I love Vanessa asking who is Trista

It was funny but I can already imagine the reaction that elicited from Bachelor Nation. Hell that's why Nick responded after that Trista's like the godmother. In other words, to some in BN, she's sacred ground you're not allowed to touch. So yeah that probably won't endear Vanessa to some but whatever.

I admittedly was disappointed after the AFR and just stayed away from social media where I heard they were getting quite the beating. But like I said, the other interviews aside, what I find most positive is the fact that the living situation was discussed and is being resolved as best as possible - immigration issues notwithstanding because that's out of their control.

Vanessa, who is so admittedly strong willed and loves her family so much would not pick up her life and leave them to come to another country for a guy she sees no hope and future with. Especially since because she has no roots there, he will essentially be her whole world until she can find her own footing.

And I really like that she is so enthusiastic about him doing DWTS, so there is no sense that he's chasing fame with no regard for what his new fiance wants. Nick even said in one interview that she's more excited than him. And I loved when she said on Kimmel, "we'll make it to the end" and joked as soon as she said it, that it's like she's part of the team too.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:26 am

lleyki wrote:
I love Vanessa asking who is Trista

It was funny but I can already imagine the reaction that elicited from Bachelor Nation. Hell that's why Nick responded after that Trista's like the godmother. In other words, to some in BN, she's sacred ground you're not allowed to touch. So yeah that probably won't endear Vanessa to some but whatever.

I admittedly was disappointed after the AFR and just stayed away from social media where I heard they were getting quite the beating. But like I said, the other interviews aside, what I find most positive is the fact that the living situation was discussed and is being resolved as best as possible - immigration issues notwithstanding because that's out of their control.

Vanessa, who is so admittedly strong willed and loves her family so much would not pick up her life and leave them to come to another country for a guy she sees no hope and future with. Especially since because she has no roots there, he will essentially be her whole world until she can find her own footing.

And I really like that she is so enthusiastic about him doing DWTS, so there is no sense that he's chasing fame with no regard for what his new fiance wants. Nick even said in one interview that she's more excited than him. And I loved when she said on Kimmel, "we'll make it to the end" and joked as soon as she said it, that it's like she's part of the team too.

IDK. IMO it makes it extra special. Think about it. You have a more mature woman age wise and imo, emotionally, who has not followed the show and does not understand the caveats and ends up part of the couple at the end of the "journey". That's refreshing to me.
Trista was pretty much in the same boat both seasons. IMO a nice comparison.
IMO Vanessa and Nick are in step with each other. That's why things like where they will live and DWTS are non issues at this point.
I remember so many people questioning me about moving across the country from my roots and how stressful that would be. It was a non issue after the first day of discussing it with my spouse. We were all going to be together as a family finally after 12 yrs! Leaving friends and family and moving across the country was a non issue, but to everyone else it was. So what and guess what? They don't live my life.
This is how I see it with this couple. They discussed what they needed to make a decision and that's it. Whether it plays out well or not, it seems hunky dory at this point.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:33 am

I adore Nick, no doubt. And I admit I was quite skeptical after the ATFR.
But I have watched some different videos, wish I could watch all of them right now (damn work! I need to retire). Anyway, I do feel better about them. They are very realistic. Maybe they'll make it because of that!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 79 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #21

+67
North
pikake
blueblues
shaughnessyb
Maya