SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 13 of 49 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bachelormonday - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by crunchycheeto Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:08 pm

Cila51290 wrote:IMO, there's a lot of nitpicking with Vanessa doing things everyone on this show has done before. Vanessa isn't perfect and I'm glad she isn't. She was shocked she didn't get the FIR. I mean who isn't shocked they don't get it on this show. She spoke about Corrine to Nick just like a lot of the girls did that same day. She didn't want to play the ouija game which I don't find a big deal about. Now she's frustrated with the process and not having time with Nick. Again, I don't see the big deal here. JMO

Were people criticizing her for not playing the Ouija board? I wasn't on the forums for the live show, so I don't know what was discussed then. From what I remember on the show, like half the girls weren't playing because you could only fit so much people around the board... scratch
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

bachelormonday - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Eagle Eye Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:17 pm

Cila51290 wrote:IMO, there's a lot of nitpicking with Vanessa doing things everyone on this show has done before. Vanessa isn't perfect and I'm glad she isn't. She was shocked she didn't get the FIR. I mean who isn't shocked they don't get it on this show. She spoke about Corrine to Nick just like a lot of the girls did that same day. She didn't want to play the ouija game which I don't find a big deal about. Now she's frustrated with the process and not having time with Nick. Again, I don't see the big deal here. JMO
ITA -- I really don't see that she's done anything so bad. She's been a good sport on all the group dates and even though she said she didn't want to play with the ouija board it's not like she had a fit and went and sulked in the corner -- she just sat and watched with the other girls. And if loving her facial expressions is wrong, then I don't want to be right. I'd be rolling my eyes so hard at Corinne that they'd probably be stuck in the back of my head.

IMO she's right that those competition group dates are stupid. The girls don't need to spend time playing volleyball while Nick stands around and watches -- they're here to get to know Nick, not each other. How is a game of volleyball helping advance their relationships with him? And I know "it's the show and it's always been that way" but that doesn't mean they have to agree with it and like it. I don't blame her for being frustrated and I'd probably cry frustrated tears too.

All that being said, the thing I'm most interested in from the preview is her comment about "and the fact that I have to go through these next few weeks having to deal with all the competition..." She sounds very confident that she's going to be around until the end. And if it's Nick who's given her that reassurance I can definitely understand her frustration with the whole scene.
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:23 pm

@Eagle Eye
Same thing caught my attention. I was like how does she know she's staying for few more weeks
ETA: great post! Agree with everything

Maya

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:25 pm

It just dawned on me that Corinne gets a HTD. What the hell, Nick?

bachelormonday - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:35 pm

I see both sides of it tbh. I get the girls on the losing team crying, because on the show time is a commodity and if they competed hard and put everything into it and lose, I see how their emotions could reach a breaking point, especially now with people starting to have real feelings. On the other hand I also understand why the winners would be mad, because they did what they were supposed to, they won. But because the other girls threw tantrums (even though I understand why, that's still what they were IMO) Nick has to take care of them, so not only is their time (the winners) time with him shorter, it probably affected the mood of the time they had with him too. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:35 pm

bleuberry wrote:It just dawned on me that Corinne gets a HTD. What the hell, Nick?

I am looking forward to her hometown date, she is one of the few pursuing him. I can see why she got as far as she did with a lot of the other girls just waiting for him to make all the moves. IMO he liked Andi & Kaitlyn both since they pursued him which he responds to. and this time he wants the woman to want him as much as he wants her. bachelormonday - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 4256136633

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:36 pm

@Eagle Eye IMHO it's really not only what but a huge part is in how she talks -- it's the tone of her voice, the attitude in her intonation and the emphasis in her vocalizations when she talks. The tone of voice on the same comment you picked up is concerning imo "the fact that I have to go through these last few weeks..." honestly it makes me want to roll my eyes exactly in the way she rolls her eyes....

I keep making this point and it doesn't seem to land but my problem is really not about one simple reaction from her during Epi 5- if it was I would simply put it down to it's a tough time in the process, everyone's emotional etc. etc. I was actively trying to find her appealing and likable actually... To those saying every contestant reaches this low moment in the season -->

It's not about this one reaction... I have found her reactions and her tone of voice to be dramatic and coming off as "bratty/divaesque" from the very first episode through each of the episodes when we've seen her express negativity about something that's not going her way.

Nitpicking sounds like actively trying to find fault -- this experience has actually been the opposite -- I keep trying to overlook what was coming across and it just wouldn't disappear...I will admit that I went in thinking oh goodness it's Nicks F1 how exciting - I hope I like her...

we all see different things though and that's fine...glad to see different people sharing how they see the situation.
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:44 pm

bleuberry wrote:It just dawned on me that Corinne gets a HTD. What the hell, Nick?

I may be one of the few feeling this way but I am looking forward to Corinne's HTD. I am excited to see Raquel after hearing about her for weeks. laugh out loud laugh out loud

Last edited by coolangel on Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:46 pm

I don't think the point is not landing, I just think some disagree with it.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:47 pm

@emusha
I think she talks in the same expressive way about other stuff (her date with Nick, how she was shocked she was about to do the zero G, even in her intro video) as well, not only when she expresses her frustration.
Sort of like Kristina, sh is such a sweet girl but with her accent and the way she speaks it sometimes comes of as cold.
Hope that makes sense

Maya

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:49 pm

@lleyki if so then we're all good - can agree to disagree...was responding to comments being focused on the preview video and the crying/reactions there rather than other events....
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:59 pm

@maya GA also made this point about the speech style which was very very interesting -- others like @notarose and @happygolucky have also pointed out that gender roles in romantic relationships with Italian culture sometimes involve much more drama than some of us may be used to ...
all very interesting possible explanations if true... like GA also said ...some like it and some don't. I guess unless I actually meet Vanessa and get a real sense for who she actually is it hasn't worked for me to try to like how she comes across on this show... As I've said before repeatedly I do 100% think this would be exciting for nick and keep him involved however I'm not sure how durable it is given there might be a competition for attention and he might need some of the attention himself...I also wonder if he needs someone to balance him out...

I do think in the setting she's in which requires people to emote a lot, frequently, and directly she grabs attention because of her demeanor and that's mho...it likely helps her captivate nick emotionally whether that be intentionally or unintentionally. it's an interesting personality trait to observe and to try to understand all MHO

GuardianAngel wrote:I am not making excuses for Vanessa because I can't view the volleyball link, but I mentioned much earlier in the season when we first heard her speak, that she definitely speaks like a French Canadian Italian. What I mean by that, IMO they are very straightforward, even to a point of being dramatic in their speech. Also the type of work she is involved in, the way she expresses her words are very direct and clear and I would think she needs to over emphasize. Think Celine Dion.

I can say all that because I live in a French Canadian environment, deal with many French Canadians and my favourite team is French Canadian. IMO They all speak in a very expressive manner and they are masters at facial expressions.

Some would take offense but IMO it's just the culture. Similar to someone with a very heavy Southern drawl. Some IMO like it some don't.

Last edited by emusha on Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 49 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+65
traveler90
George1218
Cocoasneeze
nikikass
Stacia620