SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 20 of 73 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 46 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

loveyou - Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Cila51290 Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:16 pm

ReneeM wrote:
Cila51290 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:

There's that attitude we spoke about the other day. IMO it's your loss Rachel because if you were the F1 you'd loose out being the ette. Not a bright statement to make IMHO.

I didn't even realize she said that. Hmm. Again these crop of women seem bitter towards Nick but I actually think it's because of their mutual dislike for who he actually chose. I'm sure once her season starts she'll think differently about everything regarding this show. It's no joke! Good Luck Rachel!! Hugesmile

It was just banter. I do think on some level she believes it though because she knows she's a catch and if that's not enough for him in her mind it IS his loss. And she can feel that way, without thinking Nick's some terrible guy or having negative feelings towards him. Thinking it's Nick's loss and thinking he's a bad guy aren't mutually exclusive, she can have one without the other. IMO **edited**it doesn't come off bitter at all. All JMO.

Uh..NO, I honestly didn't even hear her say that to begin with. That's just me. Personally for me when I say "his loss" it's because I obviously think he missed out on what a great person I am. I'm sure she feels that way but the premise of the show is he's going to choose who HE wants & not what you think he wants. I'd rather hear the ettes say "I'm happy with whomever he chooses, he deserves happiness" Nick has been wishing nothing but the best for Rachel so why can't she wish the same for him? JMO
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

loveyou - Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:23 pm

Eh, it was just a joke and something she said trying to be cool and witty on Ellen. It didn't really work, but I don't think there was any malice behind her comment. I'm sure she was upset back then, but she seems super grateful and excited to be the Bachelorette, so I don't see her as being bitter or thinking too highly of herself, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:31 pm

It's not about malice or bitterness (which I don't think she feels) ... it's unfortunate because it's the "illusion" of this game/show that makes women feel like they had a chance and they lost it ... because of something they said or done or because the guy didn't see or get ... when IMO honestly they didn't have a real chance at all.

I haven't listened to the interview, so probably it was said as a joke, but I wish for her ... as a smart woman she is ... to not play into TPTB game.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dare2b... Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Cila51290 wrote:

Uh..NO, I honestly didn't even hear her say that to begin with. That's just me. Personally for me when I say "his loss" it's because I obviously think he missed out on what a great person I am. I'm sure she feels that way but the premise of the show is he's going to choose who HE wants & not what you think he wants. I'd rather hear the ettes say "I'm happy with whomever he chooses, he deserves happiness" Nick has been wishing nothing but the best for Rachel so why can't she wish the same for him? JMO

But this is my point. That's a natural reaction which does not say anything about the other person. It's simply an affirmation of who you are or think you are. Sure he's going to pick the right person for him, and even in non-Bachelor land that's still true. If things don't work out between you and a partner, it's often because that person is not the right person for you, but you (and I'm using this in the most general sense) still feel okay with saying "His Loss". I'm not going to hold anyone on this show to a standard that's not reflective of reality and I don't see this as a sign that she is bitter IMO

Last edited by Dare2b... on Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dare2b...

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:35 pm

My point is you went on a show just like all the others. You weren't chosen, go home and take advantage of what ever you can as a result of being on the show. (in this case she got the lead!)

But to sound bitter, and I'm referring to a lot of them this season, or make statements to make yourself look better and the lead the bad buy IMO is childish and doesn't make sense considering the whole structure of the show.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dare2b... Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:38 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:My point is you went on a show just like all the others. You weren't chosen, go home and take advantage of what ever you can as a result of being on the show. (in this case she got the lead!)

But to sound bitter, and I'm referring to a lot of them this season, or make statements to make yourself look better and the lead the bad buy IMO is childish and doesn't make sense considering the whole structure of the show.

Obviously we see things differently, but I don't see how she made him into a bad guy. That is such a benign statement and as I said earlier, it's so often used that it doesn't mean anything in the grand sense. Now if we see her making aspersions on his character, then yes I would be the first to admit that she is being bitter. But saying his loss does not imply anything at all about who Nick is as a person. IMO

Dare2b...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:42 pm

I did not hear any bitterness.

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:50 pm

Yeah, same.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:54 pm

I am ok with that comment. I think she is confident about herself, imo, which is a good thing. However, I cant help but thinking if someone else made that comment, she would be called entitled! Also, watch out, Rachel! You are the lead now and all eyes will be on you. Everything you do or say will be scrutinized. The price to pay for being famous. I hope she and her family will develop thick skin soon.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:02 pm

She's confident good for her but the nice thing to say was that she wasn't what Nick was looking for and that ultimately it led her to the ette gig which she's so excited for. Simple, cute, and not above it. JMO
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:37 pm

Plus in her case, she is no longer one of the 25 women. She is the next lead.
So what normally might be excused as a superficial comment will be scrutinized. IMO.
The faster they get with that game, the better.
ETA: I agree, this has nothing to do with bitterness or malice, although if that had come through it would be awful. IMO
It has to do with being in the spotlight and things you simply don't say.
Probably just me, but when I use that expression: "It's _______ loss" it's in reference not to myself, but to a third person. I feel when you say it about yourself and someone else there is an emotional attachment of putting the person you are comparing against yourself. When I say it in response to a friend--it's his loss, it's generally said to build up or comfort that person, letting that person know they are of value.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:53 pm

I don't think she is bitter but that comment doesn't do her any favors IMO. It would be okay IMO if she had said it while getting eliminated when emotions are running high. But now, 3 months later when she is the 'Ette and getting her pick of 25 guys, her comments seem unnecessary. Also, personally, I don't think she would have said it if her bestie Raven was the one currently engaged to Nick. All JMO.
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 73 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 46 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+67
limoncello
dw_a_mom
Luvstruck
sosleepy
Sprite