SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 41 of 73 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 57 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LoveYou - Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 41 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Kashathediva Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:05 pm

After a break up?? They had one or two real dates followed by a dozen production people with equipment.
I've had more privacy going to the bathroom with two toddlers following me.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

LoveYou - Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 41 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:10 pm

AishaFreedom wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Like I said I personally just didn't see the big deal in that comment. It's a pretty common thing that people say after a breakup. If someone said "it's Rachel's loss" I won't even see that as a big deal either. But that's just me. I watched the clip and the way she even said it was kind of like a shrug "ah well" type of thing. It didn't seem to come off as snarky or petty. JMO

I think the thing with that phrase is that it is usually a friend saying that on behalf of someone else. I would tell one of my friends about her jerk of a boyfriend who just dumped her...His loss. I wouldn't necessarily say it on my own behalf. Particularly not on national TV when I was just announced the next lead and said guy has been touting me all over media as a great person who will make a great Bette.

Perhaps she didn't really mean anything by it, but to me it came off a little snotty and above it.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:12 pm

TPTB are not Rachel's friends. The sooner she realizes that the better off she will be, IMO. This is their show. This is their family. She's just a visitor. Any hype is hype for themselves not for her or anyone else. If she doesn't play their game they will chew her up and spit her out and they'll be the first ones to say it's HER loss. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:18 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:TPTB are not Rachel's friends. The sooner she realizes that the better off she will be, IMO. This is their show. This is their family. She's just a visitor. Any hype is hype for themselves not for her or anyone else. If she doesn't play their game they will chew her up and spit her out and they'll be the first ones to say it's HER loss. jmo

I have a feeling she will be learning this really fast. Despite her saying that she has a thick skin...as someone here described....I actually don't think she does. Tptb know all her weaknesses and you better believe they will use every last one of them to make themselves a show. They could care less about her. They will use her up and spit her out just like they have with countless other people. As I said, she is on a high now and she has nowhere to go but down. I suspect it may be a painful lesson for Rachel.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:19 pm

AishaFreedom wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Like I said I personally just didn't see the big deal in that comment. It's a pretty common thing that people say after a breakup. If someone said "it's Rachel's loss" I won't even see that as a big deal either. But that's just me. I watched the clip and the way she even said it was kind of like a shrug "ah well" type of thing. It didn't seem to come off as snarky or petty. JMO
Except it was Rachel, the next lead, who said "it's his loss" not some other person. She was clearly talking up herself otherwise no need to make that comment about herself. It came across petty, bitter, to me more than anything else and immature.

And again, I really struggle to see how Rachel would defend a guy saying that about HER.

No way do I think that if the tables were turned, and a guy from Rachel's season goes on Ellen and he is the next Bachelor and he says "It's her loss" would it be met with anything but "who does this guy think he is!"

jmo

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:20 pm

yeah, I'm just not going to further explain it anymore. I'll just stick by my opinion. Smiley
I am interested to see her thoughts on WTA and her confrontation with Nick, should be interesting and tomorrow's episode should give a clearer explanation on how it ended between them, because I really thought they had a very strong connection.

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:23 pm

There's also the possibility TPTB like/love her and she comes out of her season being just as liked/loved if not more so. That's happened to leads. Not every one is chewed up and spit out by TPTb.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:28 pm

The context of being chewed and spit out by TPTB was if she doesn't play their game. I don't see any exceptions for that.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:30 pm

umngirl wrote:There's also the possibility TPTB like/love her and she comes out of her season being just as liked/loved if not more so. That's happened to leads. Not every one is chewed up and spit out by TPTb.

True, but those are the exception...particularly for the Bettes. I guess we shall see, but if she gets ticked off about the things they do to her and can't seem to let it go, like this Vanessa episode, I can see them replying in kind.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:33 pm

I think Rachel needs to watch a few more seasons of Bach and Ette. I can't remember for the life of me when it was a competition esp just before HTDS, the F1 was ever sent packing crying to the shed(so to speak). Vanessa is not an exception.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:39 pm

I am struggling to find one that came out unscathed--and I don't mean finding their F1/hea, getting married etc.
They all went through the mill in some way, shape or form to a certain extent. They all had moments made to look like major dufusses, witches, holier than thous, a-holes etc. I can not think of an edit where someone came out looking pedestal perfect, IMO.
And the women, imo are usually made to look worse than the men imo.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:41 pm

I might be the only one with this opinion but I don't think TPTB spare any lead in terms of throwing curveballs and hoping they would fail to build the season. 

Let's take the last two leads for example.They added Liz to Nick's girls and even a seasoned veteran like Nick was stumped on how to deal with the situation. Corinne going to Nick's room for sex also seemed like producer manipulation. On Julia's podcast, Millsy was practically salivating taking about it and how Nick didn't take the bait (paraphrasing).

On Jojo's season, does anyone believe that those US InTouch magazines with Jojo's ex interview questioning her motivations and her character just found their way by random in an Argentinian shop? TPTB don't care about anyone even the ones who might have been an easy-going lead when it comes to ratings. All JMO.
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 73 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 57 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+67
limoncello
dw_a_mom
Luvstruck
sosleepy
Sprite