SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 71 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

heartbroken - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:55 am

@sosleepy I didn't see that season so I don't know but was Rachel part of the mean girl act? Thanks

Back to top Go down

heartbroken - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:56 am

WhisperingLove wrote:Not sure if I can ask this here but why is the squad so hated? Is it because they're a squad?

It will be difficult to answer this question as it makes the assumption this particular group is "hated" which in turn is a subjective word.
With that being said, it appears the group has some cliquish, mean girl, materialistic, superficial attributes. IMO Any further discussion would have to be followed up in their thread or in archived threads from their season or maybe members could pm you?

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaynab Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:02 am

Yes, i musread it and meant to come edit it
TheWrongReasons wrote:
Zaynab wrote:Don't know if this has been posted but some info from Alexis and Dominique. From Dominique "I literally wasn't there, I didn't see anything happen, at all. I think a lot of it is up to personal interpretation," she explained. "Whoever is making these allegations, I guess interpreted it one way, the parties may interpret it another way, and I think that that is what is really being disputed. So, I literally don't know what's true and what's not true. It kind of went from 0 to a 100 really quickly, and you know, we are all kind of confused." She went on to explain why she doesn't think the show should be canceled.

"For this cycle, I think it's best probably not to [continue filming]. As a series as a whole, I don't think they should cancel it. I think it's a great show. We can all agree 'Bachelor in Paradise' is probably one of the better of the three shows. It's very fun, it's very tongue and cheek," she said. "And it's much more laid back, which obviously can be room to, for things to go awry which can happen in any show. But I don't think they should cancel it. I hope they don't cancel it. It's one of my favorite shows, personally. I'd love to be able to do it next summer if we get a chance to."

From Alexis Alexis also said producers do "look out for us as much as possible" and the cast members themselves all "kinda help each other out" when it comes to getting "too inebriated" while filming.

"We've never been encouraged to do anything that we were not comfortable with. I know that's a rumor but that's not true," she said. "We are all, you know, adults, we're all over the age of 21, whatever we decide to do, you know what I mean like, if we decide to drink, if we decide to hook up, that's completely within our power."

"I've never ever been encouraged to do anything I never wanted to do, you are at liberty to walk away and say no from whatever you want, so I think in this scenario it's very interesting you know to see that this may be called into question but as a cast mate I've never feared, you know, being put in a scenario where I would be taken advantage of," she added.
Alexis also explained that the reaction to this story online has made her "pretty angry," as many of the show's contestants have experienced backlash over their disappointment in production being halted.

"I think we've been sort of accused of a lack of, like, empathy and I think that's been a little unwarranted," she explained. "So I think a lot of us are really upset about the backlash we've received."

"To be honest, I'm kinda angry at fans who have ... I'd rather I would say online trolls who have kinda jumped the gun and assumed that, you know, we as cast mates are lacking empathy for [Corinne]," Alexis explained. "And I think that's not true at all ... a lot of us, unfortunately, are legally bound by our contracts. We're not allowed to say any details. So all we can really say is, you know, it's unfortunate, we're upset that this happened, and that's pretty much that, at liberty, all we're allowed to say."
http://toofab.com/2017/06/13/bachelor-in-paradise-scandal-chris-harrison-former-contestant-speak-out-on-production-shutdown/
Just to clarify, this whole interview was actually with Dominique - Alexis wasn't a part of it at all laugh out loud
Dominique's last name is "Alexis" and they refer to her by that partway through, so I can see where it can get confusing.

And re expressing disappointment over #RIPBIP - non "Squad" girls like Taylor, Christen, Dominique have done this as well on IG/Twitter.

Zaynab

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:18 am

WhisperingLove wrote:@sosleepy I didn't see that season so I don't know but was Rachel part of the mean girl act? Thanks

I sent you a PM with my interpretation. laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:24 am

sosleepy wrote:
WhisperingLove wrote:Not sure if I can ask this here but why is the squad so hated? Is it because they're a squad?

I think in general, huge bully clique-ish behavior, most of which was targeted as Vanessa vs. Squad.

Not that I'm on one side or the other regarding the Vanessa feud, but I just find their pack mentality very middle school and Regina George Mean Girls.

It's not even that for me really, it's that they're such blatant fame seekers. I have no problem with people going on the show for the adventure, being liked by the public and getting some opportunities thanks to it. I just feel like most of these people went on the show with one thing in mind: SM fame. Some of them have even admitted there was nothing there with Nick, they just wanted to stick around for the exposure. I guess they think it makes them cool and relatable, but I'm just left wondering why I'm supposed to give a crap about them and their quest for fame. They have pretty much nothing to offer to the world, not even particularly good looks or likeable personalities. They think they can be famous just for making out on a reality TV show. Sorry, but no. There have been hundreds of contestants before them and only a select few have turned their stint into anything resembling a career. This lot only has newness on their side, that's it. I cannot wait for them to all be forgotten. They were going on BIP with boyfriends back home for heavens sake! How blatant can you be about your aspirations? JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Costiesgirl Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:29 am

Did anyone listen to Ben and Ashley's podcast about BIP this morning? She said the group chat among bachelor people went from "very dark" to "oh maybe it's not that bad" she said in 5 hours the story had seemed to completely change

Costiesgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:35 am

mindless wrote:
sosleepy wrote:

I think in general, huge bully clique-ish behavior, most of which was targeted as Vanessa vs. Squad.

Not that I'm on one side or the other regarding the Vanessa feud, but I just find their pack mentality very middle school and Regina George Mean Girls.

It's not even that for me really, it's that they're such blatant fame seekers. I have no problem with people going on the show for the adventure, being liked by the public and getting some opportunities thanks to it. I just feel like most of these people went on the show with one thing in mind: SM fame. Some of them have even admitted there was nothing there with Nick, they just wanted to stick around for the exposure. I guess they think it makes them cool and relatable, but I'm just left wondering why I'm supposed to give a crap about them and their quest for fame. They have pretty much nothing to offer to the world, not even particularly good looks or likeable personalities. They think they can be famous just for making out on a reality TV show. Sorry, but no. There have been hundreds of contestants before them and only a select few have turned their stint into anything resembling a career. This lot only has newness on their side, that's it. I cannot wait for them to all be forgotten. They were going on BIP with boyfriends back home for heavens sake! How blatant can you be about your aspirations? JMO.

Agree. BIP cancellation couldn't have happened to a better crop of atrocious people. #heartbroken for them. laugh out loud

If there is a silver lining to this, I still say maybe TPTB thinks a little more carefully about who they cast, and the EXTREME Corinne/Chad types maybe get a second thought before being pushed through. Also, take away BIP and the secondary shows, and maybe we can weed out a few of these extreme famewhores looking to become the next big Instagram thing and not much else. Looking at you, DLo, Raven, Jasmine, Kristina, Alexis, Astrid, etc. Oh, also, Robby, Chase, Wells, pretty much any of JoJo's F-bois are in this category for me too. Overall, JoJo and Nick had some of the worst people casting ever rounded up, imo. And Instagram add revenue isn't helping the cause. Peace out to all these wannabe's, imo. Go get a job. laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:35 am

@Costiesgirl no but I heard from a FB group that maybe some are packing their bags again I don't know if it's just for the wedding or if things aren't so serious the show will back on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:44 am

TheWrongReasons wrote:
Zaynab wrote:Don't know if this has been posted but some info from Alexis and Dominique. From Dominique "I literally wasn't there, I didn't see anything happen, at all. I think a lot of it is up to personal interpretation," she explained. "Whoever is making these allegations, I guess interpreted it one way, the parties may interpret it another way, and I think that that is what is really being disputed. So, I literally don't know what's true and what's not true. It kind of went from 0 to a 100 really quickly, and you know, we are all kind of confused." She went on to explain why she doesn't think the show should be canceled.

"For this cycle, I think it's best probably not to [continue filming]. As a series as a whole, I don't think they should cancel it. I think it's a great show. We can all agree 'Bachelor in Paradise' is probably one of the better of the three shows. It's very fun, it's very tongue and cheek," she said. "And it's much more laid back, which obviously can be room to, for things to go awry which can happen in any show. But I don't think they should cancel it. I hope they don't cancel it. It's one of my favorite shows, personally. I'd love to be able to do it next summer if we get a chance to."

From Alexis Alexis also said producers do "look out for us as much as possible" and the cast members themselves all "kinda help each other out" when it comes to getting "too inebriated" while filming.

"We've never been encouraged to do anything that we were not comfortable with. I know that's a rumor but that's not true," she said. "We are all, you know, adults, we're all over the age of 21, whatever we decide to do, you know what I mean like, if we decide to drink, if we decide to hook up, that's completely within our power."

"I've never ever been encouraged to do anything I never wanted to do, you are at liberty to walk away and say no from whatever you want, so I think in this scenario it's very interesting you know to see that this may be called into question but as a cast mate I've never feared, you know, being put in a scenario where I would be taken advantage of," she added.
Alexis also explained that the reaction to this story online has made her "pretty angry," as many of the show's contestants have experienced backlash over their disappointment in production being halted.

"I think we've been sort of accused of a lack of, like, empathy and I think that's been a little unwarranted," she explained. "So I think a lot of us are really upset about the backlash we've received."

"To be honest, I'm kinda angry at fans who have ... I'd rather I would say online trolls who have kinda jumped the gun and assumed that, you know, we as cast mates are lacking empathy for [Corinne]," Alexis explained. "And I think that's not true at all ... a lot of us, unfortunately, are legally bound by our contracts. We're not allowed to say any details. So all we can really say is, you know, it's unfortunate, we're upset that this happened, and that's pretty much that, at liberty, all we're allowed to say."
http://toofab.com/2017/06/13/bachelor-in-paradise-scandal-chris-harrison-former-contestant-speak-out-on-production-shutdown/
Just to clarify, this whole interview was actually with Dominique - Alexis wasn't a part of it at all laugh out loud
Dominique's last name is "Alexis" and they refer to her by that partway through, so I can see where it can get confusing.

And re expressing disappointment over #RIPBIP - non "Squad" girls like Taylor, Christen, Dominique have done this as well on IG/Twitter.

Aha, that explains why the statements appeared far more articulate than I would've expected from shark girl....
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:02 am

@TheWrongReasons Thanks for clarifying the toofab.com article.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:07 am

With the way TPTB try to outdo themselves every season with the most outrageous, dramatic cast, it was bound to come to a head at some point. Remember the days when we thought Bentley was the worst! Corrine could very well be the downfall of this whole show.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaynab Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:11 am

On Raven's snapchat she shows us her big grey suitcase to a smaller lepard one saying she is going from the big one to the small one and it will be hard i guess having to reorganize and things and pack up again. I think they are going to the wedding. IMO

Zaynab

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+108
Mommyof2
LoveDovez
kmick0890
TheWrongReasons
North