SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:01 am

Get the goss on the new Bachelor Zac Franich
byDominic BowdenMar 14, 2017
theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Hero

A-list insider and series host Dominic Bowden grills the lucky man!

Finally, The Bachelor New Zealand is back! I’m a massive fan of the series and I’m incredibly excited to be going on this journey with Aotearoa’s hottest new TV hunk as the Three show’s host – but we aren’t here to talk about me.

The handsome, hilarious and down-to-earth Kiwi bloke you’ve all been dying to meet is (drum roll, please) Zac Franich! The muscle-bound 28-year-old hails from Auckland’s Hibiscus Coast, works as a surf-lifesaving coach and has represented his country in sprint kayaking. Plus, he’s a bloody decent guy with a heart of gold. Still not convinced? Read my exclusive chat, where the Bachelor dishes all.

Does it feel strange to be called The Bachelor?
Man, it’s so weird. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d be on TV, let alone looking for love in front of hundreds of New Zealanders. I’m not sure I’ll ever become fully comfortable with the title. This showbiz world is all very new to me – this is your domain, Dom! I’m stoked you are here with me, walking me down the aisle, so to speak.

Woah! I don’t know about walking you down the aisle. I’d like to think I’m in the mix for the wedding party, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves here! Is that what you are looking for - a wife?
Let’s just say that I’m really hopeful I can find the perfect someone to connect with, fall in love with and be my better half. This show is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I really feel like it’s a chance for me to grow as a person too – I’m looking forward to meeting the person I am on the other side.

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 1489445587355_S1

Did someone put you up to applying?
Not exactly. A friend told me to throw my hat into the ring and I thought, “Why not?” When I got a reply, I remember thinking, “Oh, crap, what have I done?” It got very real very quickly. I’m more relaxed about it now. I’m confident in who I am as a person, so I’m going into the process being true to myself, genuine and honest, and trusting myself to make good decisions.

Do you believe in true love?
I believe in serendipity and fate, and that you meet people for a reason. I’ve always believed that you meet your soulmate when you’re ready and open to doing that – and I feel I am at that time in my life now.

You’re the lucky bugger who gets to date 21 women!
It’s going to be really hard and I don’t mean that sarcastically. I’m conscious that all the girls are putting themselves out there and have given up a lot to be on the show, like their jobs and leaving behind their family. I’m going to try to spend as much time with each of the girls as I can to really get to know them.

Speaking of girls, what feature do you notice first?
I’m an eyes guy. Some girls have the ability to really look into you – I find that attractive.

Your smoothest moment with a woman?
Once I flew home a week early from work to surprise my partner at the time. She was so happy. It was awesome.

How about your worst date ever?
The one where I got stood up.

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 1489445609151_S2

The Bachelor gets stood up?
Yup, it happens to all of us. I’m just a normal guy.

If she could see you now…
No hard feelings. I’m sure she had her reasons.

Do you remember having the birds-and-bees chat?
Oh, God, it was the most awkward, longest, quietest conversation in the car with my father ever. It was on the way back from one of those school sex-ed talks and Dad tried to elaborate. Thankfully, you only have to have that conversation once.

How do you mentally prepare to be the Bachelor?
Jeepers, I’m not sure you can – I’m just going to be me and enjoy myself.

How about them guns? Don’t tell me you haven’t done any physical prep.
Look, I’m not going to lie. I did have to watch what I ate for a while, and I lost a bit of weight and gained a bit of muscle. The only thing that stood in the way of that was chocolate. To be honest, sugar and anything sweet are my biggest weaknesses. What they say is true – the way to this man’s heart is through his stomach.

On a scale of one to 10, how would you rate yourself as a boyfriend?
Man, I don’t know. A solid score – maybe a seven?

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 1489445519710_S3

A seven? That’s not a great score.
OK, um, an 11 then!

Better! You say your dad is your greatest role model?
Your parents are your first role models and the people you are forever trying to impress. My old man is the person who I look to for advice and seek praise from.

Are you nervous about the prospect of one day introducing your father to your chosen ladies?
Man, absolutely, but it’s nervous excitement. Dad is really fair and impartial, and he’ll always give someone the benefit of the doubt.

Which celebrities would you swipe right for?
Easy! Jennifer Lawrence and Emily Blunt.

How about closer to home?
Samantha Hayes – she’s a babe. In fact, I’d swipe right for anyone who loves a good adventure.

What about a woman turns you on?
Confidence and great chat.

And what turns you off?
People who are closed-minded and rude to waiters.

What kind of work would you do for free?
Coaching. I love my job, I love kids and I never dread getting up and going to work.

What’s your greatest fear heading into this journey?
Coming across as someone I’m not. If I’m going to try to find that person, I’ve got to be really open and I won’t shy away from that. I’m not afraid to talk about things like feelings, love and even some darker demons that I’ve had to face. It’s a bit scary, but it’s part of how you grow as a person and I am ready to embrace that.
http://www.womansday.co.nz/entertainment/the-bachelor/the-bachelor-wants-a-soulmate-7355
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:02 am

Videos of Zac doing media today:

Zac Franich reveals what he needs from a girl to be happy http://www.theedge.co.nz/home/shows/jay-jay--dom---randell/2017/03/zac-franich-reveals-what-he-needs-from-a-girl-to-be-happy-.html

Zac Franich reveals if there's a new Naz on this season http://www.theedge.co.nz/home/shows/jono--ben---sharyn/2017/03/zac-franich-reveals-if-there-s-a-new-naz-on-this-season.html

Zac answers 15 questions http://www.theedge.co.nz/home/shows/jay-jay--dom---randell/2017/03/dom-asks-zac-franich-what-his--number--is-and-it-s-so-cringe.html

http://www.theedge.co.nz/home/shows/jono--ben---sharyn/2017/03/the-new-bachelor-shows-us-what-he-s-packin--under-his-shirt.html
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:06 am

The Bachelor New Zealand's Zac Franich talks looks, laughter and public scrutiny
SARAH NEALON
Last updated 15:29, March 17 2017

How did you come to be The Bachelor?
I was approached by some people I know and they suggested that I throw my hat in the ring. So I did and I went in with no expectations whatsoever. I was very surprised when I got a phone call saying 'Hey we want you to come in'.

Did you have any reservations about doing the show?
My main concern was I wouldn't be portrayed as the person I see myself as but I think anyone would have that reservation. But that was offset by the amazing opportunity put in front of me which was the opportunity to meet some incredible women, have an amazing experience and potentially find someone you really care about in the end. That won out over the apprehension.

How much of the show's previous two seasons have you seen?
I didn't watch either of the previous two seasons.

Weren't you curious about it?
I was very curious but I wasn't able to find anything online. I got sent one of the first episodes from one of the seasons ... It was like 'Oh, Lord. What have I got myself in for?'

The first year's The Bachelor New Zealand was a roaring success with Art and Matilda but the second year didn't pan out so well at the end. Is there a lot of pressure on you?
I don't think there is any pressure on me. I suppose, for me, all I can do is be myself, be who I am, be true to myself and be honest. How people are going to receive that, well that's largely out of my control. For me it's just having the confidence that I can make good decisions and I can make the right decision for me.

How did your friends and family react when they found out you were The Bachelor?
At first they laughed and then they laughed at me some more and then they were really supportive.

Given that this is a reality TV show, are you worried about how you might be portrayed?
All I can really do is just be me. I'm not an actor. In fact, I'm a terrible actor. I don't know how else to play it except just be me. I've got complete faith in the people who worked to put the show together.

Are you prepared for all the public scrutiny and media attention?
If I'm honest, probably not. I'm not entirely sure what, if any, preparation I could have done that could have put me in good stead for what's about to happen.

Some people might say 'What's a guy like this doing going on a show like this? He must have loads of women after him'...
Well if they are I haven't managed to find them. For me I guess I wouldn't have any problems meeting someone in a normal situation and talking to them. What appealed to me was the uniqueness of this opportunity. And I thought 'Why not?' Life's too short and it's an incredible opportunity.

When was your last serious relationship?
We dated for a number of years and broke up about a year and a half ago.

Given that you're a sports guy, could you have a relationship with someone who isn't sporty?
Potentially yes. I'm open to anything. When you're younger you think you've got an idea of what you're looking for in a woman and those are just guidelines. But now that I'm older there is nothing stopping me from meeting someone who might tick some of those boxes but who still has something that I can't quite describe. You don't know what it is but whatever it is lights that fire inside of you. You're intrigued and really want to spend time with them. To answer your question, it's definitely not a deal breaker.

What's your idea of an ideal date?
It could be anything. Going on a walk. Any kind of activity followed by some time to chill out with the lady I'm with.

What sort of qualities are you looking for in a partner?
Someone who's independent, driven, caring, friendly, outgoing and open-minded. Someone who's active would be ideal and someone who's keen to travel.

What about a sense of humour and a person's looks?
A sense of humour absolutely. Looks for me ... obviously there is that physical attraction at the very start but I find someone's mind much more attractive than their personality. Their ability to hold a conversation. If they're intelligent and have ideas and thoughts of their own. I find that more attractive than physical appearances sometimes.

What do you hope to get out of this show?
The ideal would obviously be to find someone who I really care about and can enjoy my future with. That would be what I'm looking for.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/90525771/the-bachelor-new-zealands-zac-franich-talks-looks-laughter-and-public-scrutiny
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:50 am

Ep 1 recap
The Bachelor NZ: Five first impressions of Season 3 and Zac Franich

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 A_240217SPLBACHELOR2_620x310
Bachelor Zac Franich promises season 3 will enter into new and improved territory. Photo / Mediaworks

The new season of The Bachelor NZ is here and after just one episode, it's already shaping up to be an improvement on the last.

The second season of the reality dating show was, frankly, a trainwreck.

But as we settle in for season three, things are already looking better thanks to Zac Franich and the latest crop of bachelorettes. Here are five reasons things are looking up this year.

1. We <3 Zac Franich
Zac Franich is balanced: his face is perfectly symmetrical, sure, but he's goofy and a bit awkward too. He's nice and complimentary - "great hair," he tells every third Bachelorette - but he seems shy. It's endearing.

We meet him in his home town, Auckland's Hibiscus Coast. Shots of Zac on a surfboard remind us that he loves the ocean. Shots of Zac coaching at Orewa surf club remind us that he coaches at Orewa surf club.

His students watch attentively in Speedos.

Refreshingly, Zac is a walking symbiosis of two Kiwi male archetypes. He's a bit of a jock - he lives for his chosen sporting profession and is subsequently really buff - but he's also capable of being open about his feelings and having heart-to-heart conversations with his mum. His masculinity is robust as a result, and it almost redeems him for mispronouncing Orewa.

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 TBNZ%20Epiosde%201%20Tx%20March%2019%20The%20first%20cocktail%20party%20photographer%20Matt%20Klitcher%209
Zac Franich is an endearing mixture of sweet and shy. Photo / Mediaworks

2. He's not too cocky
Familiarising viewers with 19 women in less than 45 minutes is no mean feat, and you can't help but feel a sort of solidarity with Zac as one by one, the bachelorettes stepped out of Suzukis and introduce themselves.

Everyone was so obviously nervous - with Zac flushing right down to his collar, while repeating the women's names over and over.

Dominic Bowden popped in from time to time with a bro-clap and words of encouragement, imparting wisdom as though he had filmed his own season last autumn. You did well, Zac.

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 TBNZ%20Epiosde%201%20Tx%20March%2019%20The%20first%20cocktail%20party%20photographer%20Matt%20Klitcher%2011
Zac Franich meets Molly, a pre-school teacher. Photo / Mediaworks

3. The new Bachelorettes are far from boring
The Bachelorette introductions occupied most of the episode and they seem a lot more interesting than some of the past contestants we've seen.

Katey hilariously managed to forget Zac's name and Monique insulted his mother.

Meanwhile, in the unofficial talent portion of the show, Claudia impersonated Moaning Myrtle from Harry Potter and Elaina performed a (admittedly terrible) rap.

Jess, at least, can keep "NovelTea" in her back pocket as a side career - I'd advise getting that trademarked asap.

The editing deliberately drew on the most awkward parts, including those wonderfully human moments in which several girls couldn't figure out where the front door was.

Bless them.

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 TBNZ%20Epiosde%201%20Tx%20March%2019%20The%20first%20cocktail%20party%20photographer%20Matt%20Klitcher%2010
Jess serves Zac some NovelTea. Photo / Mediaworks

4. Oh, there'll be drama alright
Amongst the Bachelorettes there are already an array of personalities to root for - Lily, who forgot how old she is; Nina, who's read Harry Potter seven times; or Taylar, who's here to steal your man.

As always, the stronger personalities in the group swiftly made their way to the forefront and the bitchy whispers began before too long.

If it's already coming out in the first episode, it's looking pretty likely this season won't be without some essential Bachelor drama. The question is: Who's going to be the new Naz?

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 TBNZ%20Epiosde%201%20Tx%20March%2019%20The%20first%20cocktail%20party%20photographer%20Matt%20Klitcher%2051
Taylar (centre) is here to steal your man. Photo / Mediaworks

5. Everything's so . . . white
With a cast almost as white as Zac Franich's teeth, Colgate's sponsorship seems to go beyond just dental hygiene. And then there's that mysterious white rose.

A concept borrowed from the Australian Bachelor, the white rose has, at times, provided immunity, a one-on-one date or a ticket to crash another date. Our Bachelorettes were clearly just as clueless as us, however: does it represent purity? Is it a friend-zone rose?

Viarni was the lucky recipient of tonight's white rose - which revealed the instant sisterhood that had been struck up by the mansion pool as she was sent off with a chorus of "Yeah V!!". But apart from a pleasant first date for the already-nicknamed contestant, we still don't really know what it means.

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 TBNZ%20Epiosde%201%20Tx%20March%2019%20The%20first%20cocktail%20party%20photographer%20Matt%20Klitcher%2063
Viarni was tonight's recipient of the cryptic white rose. Photo / Mediaworks

Zac described the Bachelorettes as "a pack of lions hunting a gazelle", but Monday night will see him confronted with his first round of difficult choices as three Bachelorettes are sent home.

It'll be interesting to see how our kind and sensitive Bachelor copes, but for now, tonight's episode was a promising start for a show recovering from a troubled season 2.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11820969
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:07 am

News Hub Ep 1 recap. It has a video embedded as well

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/entertainment/2017/03/the-bachelor-nz-season-3-episode-1-recap.html
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:08 am

Stuff's recap of Ep 1 and video included

Bobette wrote:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/90602050/The-Bachelor-NZ-recap-Make-way-Viarni-is-here
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:09 am

The Spinoff's recap is hilarious as usual 

http://thespinoff.co.nz/tv/19-03-2017/the-bachelor-new-zealand-premiere-by-the-numbers/
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:47 pm

Awesome banner by @Sprite hearthumbsup

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Nz_bac10
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:07 pm

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

3 posters
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum