SELECT CONTENT

Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 25 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Historic - Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 25 Empty Re: Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by whit90 Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:09 pm

I think what Varner did was unexcusable but I really think he feels awful about it. He did lose his job but he only worked there for 17 days. He needs to move on from this and have a heart to heart with Zeke . When Zeke is ready and knowing Zeke he will accept it and be a great role model for the transgender group.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Historic - Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 25 Empty Re: Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:07 am

I don't feel one bit sorry for Varner. As a LGBT advocate, he's fully aware of the dangers of outing someone. There are legit death threats, violent, physical attacks carried out on transgender people. Varner 100% knows this. He put Zeke's life in danger, and I'm not saying that just for the dramatic effect. It's a fact. He needed to face real backlash, because he didn't care one bit for the danger he put Zeke in. I surely hope he's not accepted as a LGBT advocate anymore, because Imo Varner showed his real thoughts and position with transgender people. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:49 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:I don't feel one bit sorry for Varner. As a LGBT advocate, he's fully aware of the dangers of outing someone. There are legit death threats, violent, physical attacks carried out on transgender people. Varner 100% knows this. He put Zeke's life in danger, and I'm not saying that just for the dramatic effect. It's a fact. He needed to face real backlash, because he didn't care one bit for the danger he put Zeke in. I surely hope he's not accepted as a LGBT advocate anymore, because Imo Varner showed his real thoughts and position with transgender people. Jmo

While I do feel sorry for him somewhat, he knows how very wrong he was, he's owned it and apologized profusely, I also very much agree with this. To me what he did was worse than if he physically assaulted someone out there - and that action would have immediately gotten him removed and disqualified. His big excuse that he thought Zeke was the next Russel Hanz bc he was also playing back-to-back and was just fooling people is so... huh? Russel is not the only player to play back-to-back. Malcolm did too, off the top of my head, and Malcolm is so stand up/nice guy. And even *if* Zeke is Russel levels nuts - that makes it ok to out him as transgender? Alrighty. He just uses such circular logic.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:09 pm

sosleepy wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:And notice? We didn't get any tweets about #historic #drama #shocking etc ala MF.

And what do you know? It was actually shocking/historic/dramatic. Life changing for those involved. Did you guys see this article by Zeke:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-zeke-smith-outed-as-transgender-guest-column-991514

He's so articulate. My new fave from here on out. What a brave man. His parents should be so proud.

This article is everything. So heart felt and beautiful. Zeke is spectacular. Historic - Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 25 1f62a  Historic - Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 25 1f62d  Historic - Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 25 1f64c

I was absolutely stunned in the tribal council betrayal. My heart broke for Zeke and seethed toward Varner. I was so proud of Jeff Probst and the rest of the tribe as they without hesitation rose to support Zeke. IMO Varner's actions were intentionally malicious and he primarily feels sorry because his despicable behavior blew up in his face. I hope Varner challenges himself to work on his issues.
For once a reality show handled a difficult situation in a respectable way. Zeke showed the beauty of his true self and he made me proud. So did his tribemates and Jeff Probst. What a defining moment for Survivor and a powerful moment of breaking barriers and embracing grace, goodness and acceptance. Historic - Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 25 1f308  Historic - Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 25 1f31e
JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:49 pm

Seabear wrote:I hope Varner challenges himself to work on his issues.
JMO

According to an interview with Varner, CBS paid for counseling for both Zeke and himself following the filming of the show. So I agree with you that I hope Varner used that therapy to work on his issues.

Link to interview that states this.

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Seabear wrote:
sosleepy wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:And notice? We didn't get any tweets about #historic #drama #shocking etc ala MF.

And what do you know? It was actually shocking/historic/dramatic. Life changing for those involved. Did you guys see this article by Zeke:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-zeke-smith-outed-as-transgender-guest-column-991514

He's so articulate. My new fave from here on out. What a brave man. His parents should be so proud.

This article is everything. So heart felt and beautiful. Zeke is spectacular. Historic - Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 25 1f62a  Historic - Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 25 1f62d  Historic - Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 25 1f64c

I was absolutely stunned in the tribal council betrayal. My heart broke for Zeke and seethed toward Varner. I was so proud of Jeff Probst and the rest of the tribe as they without hesitation rose to support Zeke. IMO Varner's actions were intentionally malicious and he primarily feels sorry because his despicable behavior blew up in his face. I hope Varner challenges himself to work on his issues.
For once a reality show handled a difficult situation in a respectable way. Zeke showed the beauty of his true self and he made me proud. So did his tribemates and Jeff Probst. What a defining moment for Survivor and a powerful moment of breaking barriers and embracing grace, goodness and acceptance. Historic - Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 25 1f308  Historic - Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 25 1f31e
JMO

Preach. 100% this.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:33 pm

Cocoasneeze wrote:I don't feel one bit sorry for Varner. As a LGBT advocate, he's fully aware of the dangers of outing someone. There are legit death threats, violent, physical attacks carried out on transgender people. Varner 100% knows this. He put Zeke's life in danger, and I'm not saying that just for the dramatic effect. It's a fact. He needed to face real backlash, because he didn't care one bit for the danger he put Zeke in. I surely hope he's not accepted as a LGBT advocate anymore, because Imo Varner showed his real thoughts and position with transgender people. Jmo

I understand what you are saying and in no way was I defending Varner. He was trying to make it sound as though he lost his job and was just devastated over it when he only had it for 17 days. I think that Zeke handeled it with class . I also do not think that Zeke will receive the things you posted. I think so many people were touched by his story he will be a good role model for the transgender community. If Zeke story saves 1 life or more come out I think he will feel satisfied and got his revenge back at Varner.  I love the place we live in because of the diversity. It now seems like we are so divided these days and going backwards it is truly sad for me. JMO

Have Fun Watching !
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:01 pm

Time for survivor. I officially hate Debbie, she ate before why did she not sit out of the eating?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:14 pm

Debbie is a little loopy...with or without alcohol.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:15 pm

@Sprite that is so true I want her gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:16 pm

reason wrote:Time for survivor.  I officially hate Debbie, she ate before why did she not sit out of the eating?

I think people would be suspicious. If she was so hungry there, you would think that she would be really excited for the feast.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:29 pm

I'm thinking Michaela doesn't go...at least in the first part of the episode since they are pimping everyone wanting her out. I wonder if she wins immunity?

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+16
blueblues
Cocoasneeze
jojo47
TrishB
Buckeye_Fan