SELECT CONTENT

Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chainsmokers - Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 35 Empty Re: Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:49 pm

There's no need for Laura to downplay Matty's feelings for any other girl no matter what. It's just not classy or gracious.

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

chainsmokers - Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 35 Empty Re: Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by solaroo Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:56 pm

What I took from her comments was this line:  "I don’t think it’s possible for me to have deep romantic feelings for three people..."  It's just her opinion if she was in the reverse situation, just like we're all expressing our opinions here.  I don't see it as throwing shade at all.
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:01 pm

The girls say Laura is a chatterbox. She talks on stop.

I'm thinking Flo and her are smokers and bonded over their balcony chats.

They have an ig post with #chainsmokers

Bobette wrote:I agree and this sentence IMO mirrors what Laura said about Elise's marriage vows being what "everyone wants", as if they are generic things that Matty may want "on paper" but SHE is what he wants IRL.

"I think maybe I could have deep romantic feelings for one person and then I might question, ‘oh, but maybe that person is better for me?’ But that would be (using) my head over my heart,” she says

Laura has mentioned she talks too much when she's nervous so maybe there's a bit of that going on but some of her comments just aren't sitting well with me.  Time to wrap this season up and move on, IMO!
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Schnitty4lyf Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:20 pm

"She's been tipped as the betting odds favourite since The Bachelor Matthew 'Matty J' Johnson first met the her during the red carpet arrivals.
But Laura Byrne has now dismissed claims Matty J has only ever had eyes for her on the show.
Speaking to The Daily Telegraph, the accessories designer said: 'I think it's obvious there are other people he feels very strongly for.'"

Source

I don't think Laura was suggesting that he doesn't have feelings or connections for the other girls, she acknowledges it in the above quote. Like @solaroo said I think the 'me' was important in that she framed her answer relative to her. And to me the comment suggests that there has to be one person that he feels more for (which is true, because he will only pick one at the end), not that he doesn't have any feelings for the others. jmo

Schnitty4lyf
Schnitty4lyf

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:21 pm

I realize I'm not going to change anyone's mind, but I re watched the vows again and again, and I still think I heard Laura try to say that she genuinely liked Elise's vows, or was able to relate to them (more than to eloras, which she described as passionate- slightly more complimentary of Elora than Tara's remarks were, though I loooooved Tara's BL when she described eloras vows!). Jmo....sigh

For the record, I truly like all the f4 (and then some), and am even a bit surprised that I am seemingly so stubborn about defending laura. I just have yet to see her do or say anything that bad, and I really feel like she and matty clicked pretty fast, and am sad that she might be picking up on viewers' negativity at a time when, if she is f1 (and I continue to be worried we've been foiled....) she should be pretty darned happy. I could see if she acted like courtney Robertson or somebody like that..... But for whatever reason so far I've been able to cut her slack for her seeming idiosyncrasies, partly cause the girls seem to have too, and partly because IMO she seems to make matty pretty darned happy. Jmo
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Schnitty4lyf Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:35 pm

Billysmom wrote:I realize I'm not going to change anyone's mind, but I re watched the vows again and again, and I still think I heard Laura try to say that she genuinely liked Elise's vows, or was able to relate to them (more than to eloras, which she described as passionate- slightly more complimentary of Elora than Tara's remarks were, though I loooooved Tara's BL when she described eloras vows!). Jmo....sigh

For the record, I truly like all the f4 (and then some), and am even a bit surprised that I am seemingly so stubborn about defending laura. I just have yet to see her do or say anything that bad, and I really feel like she and matty clicked pretty fast, and am sad that she might be picking up on viewers' negativity at a time when, if she is f1 (and I continue to be worried we've been foiled....) she should be pretty darned happy. I could see if she acted like courtney Robertson or somebody like that..... But for whatever reason so far I've been able to cut her slack for her seeming idiosyncrasies, partly cause the girls seem to have too, and partly because IMO she seems to make matty pretty darned happy. Jmo

I agree with all of this! To me, honestly, she and Tara are some of the most real contestants we've seen on this show. Laura is being shown to have regular human traits like jealousy, insecurity, sometimes saying the wrong thing or having jokes be misinterpreted, and that really resonates with me as a viewer. I honestly have not seen enough of Elise and her personality on screen for me to get behind her fully like I have with Laura.
And also, like you said, she just seems to make Matty really happy!
Schnitty4lyf
Schnitty4lyf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hooked Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:58 pm

@Schnitty4lyf And also, like you said, she just seems to make Matty really happy! Seems like it especially as is shown on a preview SC where Laura asks "what makes you happy" and he says "you make me happy".

Hooked

Back to top Go down

Post by Schnitty4lyf Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:04 am

I think I have realised another reason why I like Laura so much - she reminds me a lot of Heather from Sam W's season. I looooooved Heather! I actually stopped watching the show when she got eliminated, laugh out loud
I think Heather would have come across on screen more similar to Laura if Sam W was genuinely interested in her, but it was clear that it was always Snez for him so Heather was an underdog whereas Laura isn't. I often wonder if the public would have warmed to Laura more if she wasn't an obvious frontrunner?
Schnitty4lyf
Schnitty4lyf

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:16 am

Schnitty4lyf wrote:
Billysmom wrote:I realize I'm not going to change anyone's mind, but I re watched the vows again and again, and I still think I heard Laura try to say that she genuinely liked Elise's vows, or was able to relate to them (more than to eloras, which she described as passionate- slightly more complimentary of Elora than Tara's remarks were, though I loooooved Tara's BL when she described eloras vows!). Jmo....sigh

I agree with all of this! To me, honestly, she and Tara are some of the most real contestants we've seen on this show. Laura is being shown to have regular human traits like jealousy, insecurity, sometimes saying the wrong thing or having jokes be misinterpreted, and that really resonates with me as a viewer. I honestly have not seen enough of Elise and her personality on screen for me to get behind her fully like I have with Laura.
And also, like you said, she just seems to make Matty really happy!

That's it!!! She does show all the human traits. Funny that many think she is really super confident, when it seems to me this bachie mansion (or the producers in her ear) have shaken her seeming confidence very badly. If she is now coming across as confident in sm (I'm not convinced of that, but...) it could be that she now has what she wanted, which I really believe was to be with matty, not just to be the winner. I actually think Elise comes across more calm and collected and yes, confident, partly because she's been used to being in pressure situations in sports as well as used to living with many women. I suspect laura has learned a lot about herself in this experience.
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:37 am

This is my first time posting about this season (though I've been popping in & out of these threads just reading everyone's thoughts) but I've watched the entire season & I just wanna say I really like Laura. I'm a fan of all his F3 equally, so I'd genuinely be happy no matter what the outcome is, but because it seems as if Laura's gotten a bit more criticism than the other 2, I feel especially defensive on her behalf. I personally don't think she's done anything wrong tbh. I don't think she downplayed Matty's feelings because while the question was about Matty's feelings, her response actually wasn't about Matty at all, but speaking about herself in a hypothetical situation. & with the other interview that was touched on here a while back where she referred to herself as one of Matty's faves, I personally loved it. It was the blatant truth and I hate when people are purposely obtuse. Like with Taylor Swift when she pretends to be shocked when she wins awards she knows she's gonna win and it annoys the h*ll out of me. I prefer honesty in these situations and I don't think she took it to the point of being arrogant, which would've annoyed me too. All Jmo of course.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:38 am

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:37 am

Well if Laura is a smoker, it doesn't bode well for her as Matty doesn't like smokers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4712340/Matty-J-Johnson-Bachelor-type-woman-never-date.html

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+43
Missfi
Ash
Hooked
NostalgicNZA
Sprite
fabgirl
Enough
Pongo
aprawn
iamreal2u
Bumbleguild