SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Page 5 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Historic - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by FLChica Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:57 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Thanks for explaining!

IMO it's good on them. It wasn't The Bachelorette, it was The Bachelor. There was a choice but they chose TB. As much as we snark, they are grouped with a few other very good shows IMO. It's nice MTV tagged Nick as well. He was his usual humble self and accepted the rose they offered by replying simply with a rose emoji probably knowing it has nothing to do with him.

Historic - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 5 4256136633 MTV's President stated multiple times in the article you posted upthread that their target audience wants to celebrate great content. Period. It was also mentioned MTV wants to break down awards shows barriers between film and TV. That's why they combined the two mediums. #historic

If MTV was just honoring the Bachelor franchise - IMO - they could have tagged "the only Bachelor to marry his final one". But they didn't. MTV chose to tag Nick - IMO - because he is the Bachelor that appeals to their target audience. IMO, MTV chose to invite Nick and Vanessa instead of "the only Bachelor couple to ever marry" because that is who their target audience relates to and is interested in. To me that indicates Nick's season is due some credit, not the Bach franchise as a whole- IMO.

Thank you mods and of course @GuardianAngel for allowing respectful exchange of opinions. yes

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Historic - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by Kashathediva Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:12 pm

@FLChica
Thank you mods and of course @GuardianAngel for allowing respectful exchange of opinions
This is a very important function of our forum. Historic - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 5 4256136633 yes

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:59 pm

I saw this article...I read it quite a few times... Lol!! Don't laugh at me for trying too hard...I am just trying to understand the implications underlining the whole article...it seems positive, but I am not 100% sure...it seems to have too much sarcasms stated in the way it has been written...

What do you think? Is it trying to imply that the relationship is fake?... or... is it just stating that it's great for Nick to be able to respect feminism without the fear of being accused for not loving Vanessa enough in not helping her carry the bags of groceries...

" I guess in Bachelor nation, no news is somehow news. At least, that would explain why the Daily Mail dedicated an entire article to a picture of Nick "letting" Vanessa carry her own groceries. The headline read "His knight in shining armor! Nick Viall takes a break from the heavy lifting and lets fiancee Vanessa Grimaldi carry their grocery bags back to car," which is offensive for two reasons. One, that is way too ******** long to be considered a headline—where did these people go to journalism school? Two, I've read this article a couple of times through—which wasn't especially difficult considering it amounted to about two sentences describing the couple's outfits—and it's not apparent that they are being facetious. Like, I'm honestly just not sure. Is that it? Is gender equality just carrying your own grocery bags? Did we just ... beat sexism? All right, great, let's pack it in. Marchers, you can go home now. Planned Parenthood, we good. "

" ...it's not hard to imagine that the Daily Mail has no ******** clue what it's talking about when it comes to gender norms. I don't know if the Daily Mail are trolls and I just fell into their trap or what, but I think it's safe to wildly speculate definitively say that if Nick is letting Vanessa carry her own groceries, he clearly doesn't love her. "

" No real man would let his girlfriend struggle under the weight of some moderately full plastic bags when he could use the sheer force of his brute male penile strength to save her from having to exert physical energy—and probably save her from herself in the process. Let's be real, Vanessa probably insisted on carrying the groceries because she's on her period or something. "

" Just look at her. She's totally PMS-ing. And really, good for Nick for "taking a break from the heavy lifting." I'm sure he's exhausted from keeping up the lie that his relationship is based on anything other than a mutual interest for temporary fame. "

" So thank you, Nick Viall. You're not the feminist hero this country needs, but you're very clearly the one we deserve. "

http://www.betches.com/nick-viall-lets-vanessa-carry-groceries

Last edited by Skates on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skates
Skates

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:00 pm

FLChica wrote:

IMO it's good on them. It wasn't The Bachelorette, it was The Bachelor. There was a choice but they chose TB. As much as we snark, they are grouped with a few other very good shows IMO. It's nice MTV tagged Nick as well. He was his usual humble self and accepted the rose they offered by replying simply with a rose emoji probably knowing it has nothing to do with him.

Historic - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 5 4256136633 MTV's President stated multiple times in the article you posted upthread that their target audience wants to celebrate great content. Period. It was also mentioned MTV wants to break down awards shows barriers between film and TV. That's why they combined the two mediums. #historic

If MTV was just honoring the Bachelor franchise - IMO - they could have tagged "the only Bachelor to marry his final one". But they didn't. MTV chose to tag Nick - IMO - because he is the Bachelor that appeals to their target audience. IMO, MTV chose to invite Nick and Vanessa instead of "the only Bachelor couple to ever marry" because that is who their target audience relates to and is interested in. To me that indicates Nick's season is due some credit, not the Bach franchise as a whole- IMO.

Thank you mods and of course @GuardianAngel for allowing respectful exchange of opinions. yes

I'll have to totally disagree here personally. The award is for tv this season. Nick was on the show this season. Nothing more or less to it IMO Smiley and they certainly wouldn't go back several years to mention a past Bach when giving out awards for 2016-2017 entertainment IMO. Also Nick's season hit a low for finale ratings from what I recall and amoung my circles drew little buzz or interest. IMO no special credit due Nick's season specifically nor is this an indication he and Vanessa are more relatable than anyone else. All JMO.

I do think it's fun they included the Bachelor as a show, though, it fits right in with that type of awards show and it's demographic and it has a great social media presence for ABC. Glad it was nominated for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheokaf Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:33 pm

What the heck with Nick's self-centered, non-contextual spaced out IG? He's more boring than LB. IMO

“I apologize for nothing. I’m sorry for being awesome.” Ryan, Bachelorette Season 11
Sheokaf
Sheokaf

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:40 pm

I actually like his instagram (i don't follow him but I pop in occasionally). I like that it's actually pictures of his life not just a bunch of professionally taken photos all with the same  color scheme for the ~aesthetic~ (those bug me so much). It does paint a picture of someone who's very self centred IMO but it's HIS page so it's w/e to me. All JMO

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheokaf Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:45 pm

I meant his live IG where all he does is stare at the phone in a car. It's beyond lame. IMO

“I apologize for nothing. I’m sorry for being awesome.” Ryan, Bachelorette Season 11
Sheokaf
Sheokaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:46 pm

relaxing wrote:
FLChica wrote:

I'll have to totally disagree here personally. The award is for tv this season.  Nick was on the show this season.  Nothing more or less to it IMO  Smiley and they certainly wouldn't go back several years to mention a past Bach when giving out awards for 2016-2017 entertainment IMO. Also Nick's season hit a low for finale ratings from what I recall and amoung my circles drew little buzz or interest. IMO no special credit due Nick's season specifically nor is this an indication he and Vanessa are more relatable than anyone else. All JMO.

I do think it's fun they included the Bachelor as a show, though, it fits right in with that type of awards show and it's demographic and it has a great social media presence for ABC. Glad it was nominated for sure.

- IMO - I don't think the rating in comparison to previous years are their basis on here... it is more so based on Nick's popularity as a whole...I think Nick as the person in itself has triggered a lot of controversies all throughout TB and BIP for the past few years within the franchise, thus attracting more interests in people's viewing the show....the love and hate relationships Nick has with the people, and within the franchise is very prominent...less viewer is because of the way people are watching the show...more people are doing parties watching the show together rather than watching them individually in their own homes...these have been on-going more so now than before...some people are turned off with the TPTB edits--the strong emphasis of the villain character in the story line more so than the theme of finding love...the story line is more realistic (due to the confusions and emotional constraints running between Nick and Vanessa), although misconstrued due to TPTB's constant manipulations...as a whole it (Nick's TB 21) actually stands out more than previous shows...MTV could have just awarded the producers, but it has decided to give its recognitions to Nick...I think Nick deserves the title...and, it is now on the hand of those fans and other people who will support him to make him win... -JMO -
Skates
Skates

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:37 am

relaxing wrote:
FLChica wrote:

I'll have to totally disagree here personally. The award is for tv this season.  Nick was on the show this season.  Nothing more or less to it IMO  Smiley and they certainly wouldn't go back several years to mention a past Bach when giving out awards for 2016-2017 entertainment IMO. Also Nick's season hit a low for finale ratings from what I recall and amoung my circles drew little buzz or interest. IMO no special credit due Nick's season specifically nor is this an indication he and Vanessa are more relatable than anyone else. All JMO.

IMO we actually are in agreement on the main point of my post: the nomination is for this season of the Bachelor, which is Nick's season. As you point out it is for 2016-2017 entertainment. That being the case, the special credit is due Nick's season.

I personally won't watch the award show and don't care who the winner might be. It does make me smile knowing that Nick and Vanessa will be the face of the franchise for the MTV awards. Smiley

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:45 am

I agree with @relaxing that nomination has little to do with Nick (personally) and it's all about the show just being "recognized" this season, but I also believe Nick was "working" extra hard this season to promote the show ...as much as he did it for himself, he was doing it for the show itself, for those who paid him to "represent" them (brand) ... so he was a "spoke person" for the show as much as CH is (minus being the producer), contributing to the recognition, popularity ... his personal (private) life (friends, connections) was also helping bring attention to the show ... his past experiences were a great jumping board for a lot of internet chatter/articles ... so in a way he is as much responsible for the show's spot in the media this year as TPTB's choice to "revamp" it the way they have and will continue to go that road - IMO - which is not something I approve/stand behind (I didn't appreciate the edit and the focus at all) ... so no vote from me.

ETA: In another words: Nick is the face of the season ... so he is "the reason" for the nomination (applause to him) ... an award would mean a "celebration" of the content, which Nick isn't the main source of (the spite being the main lead) ... so the win would go to TPTB. And I have a major issue with the content of the show (Nick aside).

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:27 am

I think MTV made it quite clear in their tweet when they tweeted TO Nick that it definitely is about him and his season. MTV didn't tweet The Bachelor account, they personally tweeted Nick, The Bachelor for season 21.

To the general viewers who don't think about TPTB or any of that stuff, The Bachelor show is the lead/The Bachelor/whoever is the face of the season and in this case it is Nick and his season.

To me it's no different than best picture categories (although not comparable to an MTV nom, of course) where very few viewers are thinking about who the producers for the best picture are (I would bet most viewers don't even know who the producers are) and to most viewers the face of the movie that wins is the lead/s... as the show/movie is synonymous with the lead/s and how the show/movie is "recognized".

That's why I don't see how it can be about this season without it being about the lead/Nick, especially since MTV personally tweeted the lead/Nick themselves. If any other season is nominated in future, I'd say the exact same for any other lead whether I liked them or not.  :yes:

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:23 am

Sheokaf wrote:I meant his live IG where all he does is stare at the phone in a car. It's beyond lame. IMO

I actually think Nick is trying to be funny...thus, with him making all of those faces...he has actually included Vanessa once or twice in his scenes...I don't really see the self-centeredness on him...Selfies are meant to be pics of yourselves with different angles, and expressions with or without somebody with you... it's a trend most people follow...I am not into it... but, I do understand that it could be addictive and fun...

Skates
Skates

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

+82
KB_Mom
Lennoxcolinrolland
jen689
Kristina V
Jane781