SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Page 9 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by Kashathediva Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:27 pm

Well any publicity is good publicity in this case. Is this the Nobel Peace Award. No? Is it an Emmy? No. But it is an award and will reflect well on the show.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by StacyNor Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:30 pm

MTV is still a big deal, A listers still go to that award show. As a Jennifer Aniston fan, I remember a few years ago when she went there and took her award at the MTV awards and how fun it was when I watched the awards. Honey..it doesn't get any bigger than America's sweetheart Jennifer.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:31 pm

mprssdbyu wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:I guess I just don't get it. If it's a joke, and you're a B&B fan and it wins best movie, it's a joke?

Don't let them kid you @GA, there isn't a single show nominated that doesn't want to hear their name called when the winner is announced on May 5. They want to laugh at the joke all the way to the winners podium, I'm sure of it.
word Good Post I agree
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:32 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I guess I just don't get it. If it's a joke, and you're a B&B fan and it wins best movie, it's a joke?

IMO yes. I remember last year Nicki Minaj was mad that her song wasn't nominated for a VMA and my reaction was like 'girl, it's a vma, it's not that deep'. MTV awards are not serious or important in any way IMO. On  the scale of award shows, it's barely above a Teen choice award in my mind. It's also not an acknowledgement of Nick because IMO if the award existed last year this time, Ben's season would've been nominated. All JMO

Last edited by ReneeM on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:50 pm

No one is saying it is the Oscars, but A listers go to the MTV awards and present, and take their awards. It does mean something to A LISTERS that take their time to attend them. It does mean to something to the network to have them televised. It does mean something to the nominees/winners that take their time to be there. Just last year you had Charlize Theron, Halle Berry and other A listers attending them. If The Bachelor wins, I am sure it would mean something to Mike and co.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:00 am

I disagree that a prior or any season would have been nominated. That's an assumption at best, IMO.
If the show is not nominated next year then it will not be just because it is the show and any season being nominated and it will be because of Nick and his season specifically.
So I will await for next year before making the leap that it is any season.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:43 am

The MTV awards represent a key demographic TPTB are clamoring for that younger 18-24 type range so I think it does very much please them to be nominated for an award in this setting. (IMO)

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:48 am

StacyNor wrote:MTV is still a big deal, A listers still go to that award show. As a Jennifer Aniston fan, I remember a few years ago when she went there and took her award at the MTV awards and how fun it was when I watched the awards. Honey..it doesn't get any bigger than America's sweetheart Jennifer.

Last year Will Smith, Kevin Hart, Ariana Grande, Zac Efron, Gigi Hadid, Charlize Theron, Seth Rogen, Jennifer Lawrence, Amy Pohler, Ryan Reynolds and many other stars didn't think it was a joke. But we're all entitled to our opinion, IMO.

I won't try to guess which reality show might have been nominated if the award existed last year. To me, that's like saying if the Queen were a man, she would be King. IMO. no idea

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:03 am

FLChica wrote:
StacyNor wrote:MTV is still a big deal, A listers still go to that award show. As a Jennifer Aniston fan, I remember a few years ago when she went there and took her award at the MTV awards and how fun it was when I watched the awards. Honey..it doesn't get any bigger than America's sweetheart Jennifer.

Last year Will Smith, Kevin Hart, Ariana Grande, Zac Efron, Gigi Hadid, Charlize Theron, Seth Rogen, Jennifer Lawrence, Amy Pohler, Ryan Reynolds and many other stars didn't think it was a joke. But we're all entitled to our opinion, IMO.

I won't try to guess which reality show might have been nominated if the award existed last year. To me, that's like saying if the Queen were a man, she would be King. IMO. no idea

I'm not trying to argue with anyone who thinks it's a big deal, I just don't share that opinion. & I was clear to state that it was all my opinion. I consume pop culture rabidly, as that's the field I'm working towards entering so IMO it's really not that hard to predict which movies/music would be nominated in certain categories, it's like the bachelor, these award shows all follow a formula, & there are very few surprises. I also for a fact know a-listers rarely go to these types of award shows by choice, in their contract for these movies they have clauses that requires them to go, it's a part of their promo requirement. Also MTV (& other fan voted award shows) promises awards based on who shows up, there's multiple instances where celebs, & twitter accounts have slipped up and announced the winners early when voting is still open. It's a cool event to go to because it's not as serious as the grammy's or emmy's or the oscars and the show doesn't take itself seriously but as far as awards? I don't take it seriously at all. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:27 am

IMO, I do absolutely think that Nick's season was nominated because of Nick and the lead he was, his FIR, and the diversity of his season and the result of Bette that came from Nick being lead. 

I say this because as much as credit can be given to TPTB, the lead has to be believable in that role to have helped to usher in history for this show, IMO, and it's because of that reason that I think MTV nominated Nick's season and tweeted to Nick personally (they never tweeted the show, but to him personally).

And since this is Nick's thread, I see Nick playing an integral role that I don't for one second believe any of the options considered other than Nick would have been able to have been the lead that enabled the historical changes that came with it to be achieved. 

So yeah, silly awards show or not, I do think it's a credit to Nick that his season is nominated and yes it's his season, not someone else's, just like this thread is Nick's and synonymous with his season. 

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Mgrissom Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:29 am

With this nomination and Nick's success on DWTS I suspect the SM hate of Vanessa by the squad is over. Although it could get interesting if Nick lasts on DWTS and Rachel and her friends are in the audience.

Mgrissom

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:35 am

Mgrissom wrote:With this nomination and Nick's success on DWTS I suspect the SM hate of Vanessa by the squad is over.  Although it could get interesting if Nick lasts on DWTS and Rachel and her friends are in the audience.

That'd be tacky of Rachel and her crew, and not a good look, IMO. But the more positivity Nick and Vanessa receive, the less this 'squad' is going to shade Vanessa. They're predictable like that. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

+82
KB_Mom
Lennoxcolinrolland
jen689
Kristina V
Jane781