SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Page 34 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins -  Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 34 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Mon May 29, 2017 6:20 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Ben has that "aw shucks" Peter Brady thing going on which automatically gives him a pass on so much that other leads would not get IMO. 

I also think Ben is fully aware of this and uses it to manipulate with his woe-is-me and humble brag quotes. 

It's partly why I think Ben is far more shady and phony IMO than he lets on and is loving all this post-breakup attention. 

jmo

Ben Higgins -  Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 34 3806527698 Christopher Knight who played Peter Brady is now on his 4th wife.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins -  Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 34 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by AllAboutLove Mon May 29, 2017 6:44 pm

Sprite wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Ben has that "aw shucks" Peter Brady thing going on which automatically gives him a pass on so much that other leads would not get IMO. 

I also think Ben is fully aware of this and uses it to manipulate with his woe-is-me and humble brag quotes. 

It's partly why I think Ben is far more shady and phony IMO than he lets on and is loving all this post-breakup attention. 

jmo

Ben Higgins -  Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 34 3806527698 Christopher Knight who played Peter Brady is now on his 4th wife.

cantstopl  Well well well. So imo also "unlovable" yet so many chances  cheeky
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by hannah.e. Mon May 29, 2017 7:51 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
Cila51290 wrote:I really thought Ben would disappear after the breakup. Boy I was wrong.

I never saw Ben disappearing and never bought into that he just wants to have a regular job. He loves the limelight and craves attention IMO - although he tries to act like he doesn't. And that's the thing for me... taking opportunities and things doesn't bother me at all as I always say more power to those who take opportunities when they come....my problem with Ben is that IMO he acts like he is so "above" it all and so much better than everyone else and it's his better-than-thou and holier-than-thou attitude that I can't stand. I feel like Ben is just full of BS with his "I'm just vanilla ol' Ben who is so unlovable...woe-is-me" which I find beyond annoying and manipulative.  

jmo

You're totally entitled to your opinion, but when has Ben said he is above and better than anyone else? The producers tagline for him for his season was "Perfect Ben" - that's on producers for building him up only for him to fall. He said a number of times that he's not perfect. This isn't that significant but when Lauren and Ben had their interview last Sept/Oct with ET saying they were in couples counselling..Ben said the counselling would hopefully be beneficial in helping them work through issues as a couple and help them individually. When Ben said individually, he gestured to himself. Then in Ashley and Ben's interview with Mario Lopez last week, Ashley said "Ask anyone in Bachelor nation and they would tell you there's literally nothing wrong with Ben." To which Ben was kind of like...eh....IMO, he's SUCH a catch, self-aware, but not perfect, and never claimed to be.

hannah.e.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon May 29, 2017 8:24 pm

Ben would never say he is above or better than anyone else because IMHO that would go against his image of being this oh-so-humble-unlovable guy. But just because he doesn't say it doesn't mean he doesn't come across that way and act like he's better-than-thou and holier-than-thou IMO. I personally see it with his remarks and posts and have for some time. Even Ben's tweet (and retweet) the week the breakup was announced I see as nothing but pseudo-humility and actually pride in his own humility (IMO it's like he is saying, "look at me being so humble and unlovable" blah blah blah). It's why I find what he says to just be more about being image conscious than anything else and don't find him to be very authentic. Again, that's just me.

As for TPTB regarding Ben I actually don't see Ben getting any backlash for his "perfect Ben" moniker or it setting him up for a fall but quite the opposite going by the media response to his breakup and his new podcast and golfing with CH, etc, etc. I also think Ben has gotten a pass on a lot of things and far more than any other contestant I have seen in recent years when it comes to SM or media. IMO Ben has had it very very easy. And in part I think that's because he was touted as "perfect Ben" and whether he disagrees with it or not Ben totally benefits from that label, IMO. That media was even talking about Ben being the next lead literally days after his broken engagement is proof to me just how good Ben has it. Ben Higgins -  Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 34 4256136633

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Mon May 29, 2017 8:45 pm

IMO this show isn't gonna find Ben a soulmate if he does it again. The type of women the show normally casts are always either just looking for their 15 minutes or are way better off without Boring Ben IMO. I don't think any of the women from Ben's season would've lasted with him longterm. He can be nice and good looking but after several months of boredom, I'd pack up and leave too. There's just something iffy about Ben. I know he has a lot of women drooling over him but I'm inclined to believe it's because of his superficial perfect image. I also get the impression that he's probably not a great lover. no idea
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon May 29, 2017 8:59 pm

Cila51290 wrote:IMO this show isn't gonna find Ben a soulmate if he does it again. The type of women the show normally casts are always either just looking for their 15 minutes or are way better off without Boring Ben IMO. I don't think any of the women from Ben's season would've lasted with him longterm. He can be nice and good looking but after several months of boredom, I'd pack up and leave too. There's just something iffy about Ben. I know he has a lot of women drooling over him but I'm inclined to believe it's because of his superficial perfect image. I also get the impression that he's probably not a great lover. no idea

Ding Ding Ding!! Winner winner chicken dinner! eatcrow And there's good ole Ben eating his dinner alone.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Mon May 29, 2017 10:49 pm

Cila51290 wrote:IMO this show isn't gonna find Ben a soulmate if he does it again. The type of women the show normally casts are always either just looking for their 15 minutes or are way better off without Boring Ben IMO. I don't think any of the women from Ben's season would've lasted with him longterm. He can be nice and good looking but after several months of boredom, I'd pack up and leave too. There's just something iffy about Ben. I know he has a lot of women drooling over him but I'm inclined to believe it's because of his superficial perfect image. I also get the impression that he's probably not a great lover. no idea
I just had to giggling at the bolded. You know it may seem harsh, but I also think it's true. Yikes!
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon May 29, 2017 10:54 pm

I don't know Ben, but this show found Kaitlyn her soulmate, so hey anything is possible. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by hannah.e. Mon May 29, 2017 11:07 pm

laugh out loud it feels pretty inappropriate to talk about someone's sex life on a forum....but let's not forget he's 6'5 and packin.

hannah.e.

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger Mon May 29, 2017 11:18 pm

*EDIT* Superficial, attention-seeking, self-absorbed, image conscious, pot stirrer, and inauthentic are all words I'd use to describe Lauren. Not Ben. *IMO*

Most of the things people claim he did to extend his 15 minutes were done with or for Lauren. *IMo*Throughout all of this, it has seemed very apparent to me that he wanted to take a step back from the spotlight and live a more modest life and she did not. I just don't see her as a victim in this situation. In fact, I think she got what she wanted out of it and is pretty satisfied with where she's sitting now. In my opinion, the fact Lauren is now attached at the hip to Amanda and the twins says a lot about her, and none of it's good.

I think Ben has handled the breakup with patience, grace, and class... And certainly much more so than Lauren has. The ice cream pic is nothing compared to Lauren's "poor me, my brother had to drag me out of the house because I've been so upset I didn't want to do anything" Baywatch ad and drunken, duck-lipped selfies.

I personally find Ben very attractive and would like to see him as the lead again, but I agree with a previous poster that unless they change the way they cast the women, it is very unlikely to work for him. Ben needs a woman who is looking for a husband, a family, and a comfortable but pretty typical day-to-day life. I think it will be very difficult to find a woman who isn't just using the show as a stepping stone to instagram fame and would be willing to truly prioritize their relationship over being in the spotlight. I can't even think of a woman from a recent season who would be a good fit with him... Maybe someone like Lindsay Yenter (Sean's runner up). Someone who did the show, enjoyed their time on it, but then went back to living in the real world when it was over instead of trying to become a "model" and living for any crumb of Bachelor related attention they could get. *IMO*

Last edited by Kashathediva on Mon May 29, 2017 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
tiger
tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Mon May 29, 2017 11:22 pm

hannah.e. wrote:laugh out loud it feels pretty inappropriate to talk about someone's sex life on a forum....but let's not forget he's 6'5 and packin.

IMO, he can still be someone that's mehhh even at "6'5 and packing" laugh out loud
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by hannah.e. Mon May 29, 2017 11:51 pm

I found this on his gym's IG page. They asked him some questions about working out and stuff, but his answer to their last question was what got my attention. I've been a fan of his for a long time and yeah IMO he does live a simple life and wants to/is ready to share a life with someone. Remember when Lauren said she lives a simple life? laugh out loud IMO she started loving the opportunities, the expensive and high end living, fame, etc more than she loved Ben. Ben's true love probably won't be found in the Bachelor world.

What do you do outside of the studio (job, hobbies, etc.)?

I work at an office, I run, I play basketball, I play golf, I cook, I go to church, I try to follow God's plan for my life but mostly I just live a pretty simple life.

https://www.fierce45.com/transformation-stories/2017/5/15/dudes-who-lagree-ben-higgins

hannah.e.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

+80
Babescake
Chgohighlife
LoveDovez
mysthelma
Murakamee