SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bar - Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by stuckinsc Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:18 pm

havadrpepper wrote:
sosleepy wrote:I actually really enjoyed Winter Games in a way I just haven’t the other incarnations of this show recently. I hope they bring t back, or modify BIP to use this kind of formula. BIP is tired. Bachelor Pad was always my favorite, so really no shock I enjoyed cheeseball Winter Games.

I agree.  I think the problem with Bachelor Pad is that you had couples that were only coupled up to get to the end for the money.  It was a mixed bag of contestants as to why they were there.  Some had their eye on the prize, others were there for romance.  I mean you had Holly and Michael coupled up to get to the end (and win) but she wanted and ended up with Blake although Michael wanted to get back together with her.

WG for the most part had people there that wanted to be there for romance.

On a side note, I started listening to the Ashley/Ben (although no Ben) podcast that was done yesterday. It was Ashley, Kevin, Courtney and Lily in studio.  Clare & Benoit called in and it was during them that my power went out so I just haven't gone back to listen to the rest of it.  But in that short time the one thing that they talked about was Ben and the fact he didn't hit it off with anyone.  Evidently both Bibi and Tiffany were very interested in him but he friend zoned them.  Of course, Ashley was standing up for him and I don't think the other 3 wanted to say anything but I got the feeling that they felt he had no interest in being involved with anyone at all.

I can't believe that I am actually going to slightly defend Ben, but it is better to do what he did, then fake it like Luke did with Stassi. It is creepy to leave a woman you are dating to do this, then go back to her after, but at least Ben didn't involve another woman in the sham. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

bar - Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:18 pm

I didn't really care for Bachelor Pad as I found it competitive but not in a good way since it was about money as a prize. Felt more like drama to me.

With Winter Games I think they found the perfect balance of having competitions but still making it fun.

The dating aspect of WG especially felt the most natural of all the shows they've done since it was original cast and the focus was overall more about real connections rather than people using each other to advance themselves like BP or BIP. 

WG is definitely my favorite of all the spinoffs and even The Bachelor show itself (I've never been a big Bachelor show fan, even for international seasons, always preferring Bette). WG tops them all. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:41 pm

I just catched up on the last few episodes.
Luke...muahahahahaha, what an idiot.
Even though I can't stand Ashley I as a person, I was giddy and happy watching her and Kevin and I found myself genuinely rooting for them! It seems like finally not having to 'chase' someone and attract that attention is bringing out a more mature Ashley.
Clare and Benoit! So romantic, I love it! Wish them a lifetime of happiness!
Winter Games was really enjoyable for me, maybe my expectations weren't that high, but I hope they bring it back.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:45 pm

If they wanted Ben to meet someone, they would have tried to find someone he might have been interested in. They did't try because IMO that was not Ben's purpose of being on the show.

I remember being told by someone that Jared was told if he goes on BIP they'll make sure he meets a nice girl. They told him she expressed an interest in him. We know who that nice girl was. Smiley it wasn't Caila. That was the start of the annoying Ashley obsession.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:01 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I can't believe that I am actually going to slightly defend Ben, but it is better to do what he did, then fake it  like Luke did with Stassi. It is creepy to leave a woman you are dating to do this, then go back to her after, but at least Ben didn't involve another woman in the sham. JMO.

Yes, it was better that he did what he did but he should have never been there in the first place. He didn't even try. He has even admitted that he thought he was going to be there more as a host than a contestant. That tells me that he went with no intention of even trying to see if there was anyone he could be interested in.

IMO, neither Ben nor Luke should have even been cast on the show. Although it was satisfying seeing Luke get it from the producers 🚋

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:06 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:I didn't really care for Bachelor Pad as I found it competitive but not in a good way since it was about money as a prize. Felt more like drama to me.

With Winter Games I think they found the perfect balance of having competitions but still making it fun.

The dating aspect of WG especially felt the most natural of all the shows they've done since it was original cast and the focus was overall more about real connections rather than people using each other to advance themselves like BP or BIP. 

WG is definitely my favorite of all the spinoffs and even The Bachelor show itself (I've never been a big Bachelor show fan, even for international seasons, always preferring Bette). WG tops them all. jmo

Agreed.

But the format of WG was more like BP than BIP. I agree that they finally found that perfect balance in format that they have been looking for. Taking the money prize away was the way to get those connections that they are supposedly looking for.

I truly wish they change up BIP to be more like WG but I'm doubting they will. It will probably be back to the same old formula.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:27 pm

I can't defend Ben because he had his side-piece while on the show and should never have been on the show in the first place as he was never interested in finding love at all on the show imo. Even on the AF podcast Courtney said Ben didn't even make an effort with the women which shows me Ben was never there to try find love at all, only to further his agenda. 

I also can't applaud Ben not faking it with a woman because Ben's narrative was always going to be him selling that he is so broken still over Lauren and him playing victim trying to get sympathy (to be lead again, host, etc), imo. Ben showing any romantic interest in a woman would have messed up Ben's "woe is me" storyline so not faking it doesn't make him any better imo.

So no, I can't and won't defend Ben at all.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Ashley said on that podcast upthread something about the way he left, there was no way that could be the end of his Bachelor story.  She definitely seemed to be preluding something IMO.  Ben's going to be back on US screens one way or another, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:20 pm

I never realized Lily was only 21

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:04 pm

I'm a few days behind so bare with me.

Jordan is very handsome
Yuki is a doll
I think Lily and Courtney and  will probably make it long term.
I think Lesley will keep Dean grounded Lesley has her head on straight
Luke is horrible just so cold

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:20 pm

Speaking of Jordan, this article suggests he'll be on the next BiP.  

At the World Tells All taping, former Bachelor of New Zealand Jordan Mauger eloquently told ET, "I do love Mexico, and I've gotta work on my tan. I love tacos. I think I'll do really well!"
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:29 pm

Bobette wrote:Speaking of Jordan, this article suggests he'll be on the next BiP.  

At the World Tells All taping, former Bachelor of New Zealand Jordan Mauger eloquently told ET, "I do love Mexico, and I've gotta work on my tan. I love tacos. I think I'll do really well]!"

Of course he will laugh out loud sounds like Jordan's acting gigs must have slowed down so reality-tv it is. I'd be fine without seeing him on BIP so soon after WG and would prefer some fresh faces. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+79
MiniDiva
timfan
ddsmom17
Tiggerlgh
pavalygurl