SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Page 21 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 50 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by BachelorBabe512 Thu May 18, 2017 11:36 am

At least 100 if not more. She was an upperclassmen when I was a freshman. UT is a huge school, 50k students; but the black student population is small. Most of us tend to know each other.

BachelorBabe512

Female Posts : 272

Back to top Go down

LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 11:37 am

@BachelorBabe512 Do you know if some of them are all of them will watch the show now that she is on?

Back to top Go down

Post by BachelorBabe512 Thu May 18, 2017 11:38 am

@reason Plenty of them came out in support when she was announced as the Bachelorette. I'm sure they all will be watching. They were watching when she was on Nick's season.

BachelorBabe512

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 11:38 am

I think no matter what words she uses or chooses, there will always be someone out there on SM who will have a problem with it. She has been about the on POC to get to the final 3 and the format of the show only consider the top 3 or 4 historically. Many had hopes for Jubilee but she left. Its a TV show and they have a fit or an idea for what they want IMO. So no problem in acknowledging that the show found the "right" fit. All IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 11:40 am

Rachel's appeal cuts across different races and class and that is probably why she was chosen. so she is indeed the right one. IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 11:42 am

@see2love I too that Jubilee was gonna go far. She just could not handle the setting it was stressful and more observant that Ben had already made his choice, funny she really was interested in him I believe AMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Thu May 18, 2017 11:43 am

GuardianAngel wrote:IMO She could have said I have no idea why it took so long, I'm just grateful and honoured I was chosen.

I see nothing flattering in being a bad a$$ b*tch. If being tough, uncompromising, and rude is suppose to be a good thing count me out. If she shows some empathy, understanding, and kindness, rather than trying to prove to others she a a bad a$$ which is how I view her,  I might change my mind.

IMO, uncompromising and rude are not words I would associate with Rachel from what I have seen and heard of her. Rather I have seen her show understanding, kindness and empathy not only to those on the show but to her family and friends as well. And according the dictionary, badass can also mean a "formidably impressive person" which I absolutely think she is.
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by moviechicka Thu May 18, 2017 11:43 am

I don't like Andi and I like Rachel, but in their jobs women often have to be seen as strong in order to be taken seriously. Andi's turned into arrogance, but Rachel seems like a genuinely confident person. I don't think her answer made her appear "above it all." I think she honestly believes that because of the way the show is historically cast they had to wait for the right person. Could she have just said "I don't know?" Maybe. But she does know just as everyone who was interviewing her knows, but they also know that she can't give the real answer.

Also, there's this very real saying amongst black women, particularly professional black women. "We have to work twice as hard for half as much." What some see as arrogance is actually confidence. She is bad azz in the best possible way.

And when you are the first at anything, particularly when race is at issue, you often have to be significantly better than anyone else. Nick was an unemployed guy who had been on 3 different versions of The Bachelor. Rachel's a lawyer, daughter of a federal judge, and has a pretty lovely personality.

Last edited by moviechicka on Thu May 18, 2017 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

moviechicka

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu May 18, 2017 11:47 am

see2love wrote:I think no matter what words she uses or chooses, there will always be someone out there on SM who will have a problem with it. She has been about the on POC to get to the final 3 and the format of the show only consider the top 3 or 4 historically. Many had hopes for Jubilee but she left. Its a TV show and they have a fit or an idea for what they want IMO. So no problem in acknowledging that the show found the "right" fit. All IMO

I hope pleasing people is really low on Rachel's priority list. She is who she is, IMO she should be confident in that, and not afraid to say it. If people have a problem, let them, not everyone's gonna like her. I don't have a list of what she has to do or not do in order to earn my approval. I hope she's just herself and if I like it ok and if I don't, then I don't.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 11:50 am

see2love wrote:I think no matter what words she uses or chooses, there will always be someone out there on SM who will have a problem with it. She has been about the on POC to get to the final 3 and the format of the show only consider the top 3 or 4 historically. Many had hopes for Jubilee but she left. Its a TV show and they have a fit or an idea for what they want IMO. So no problem in acknowledging that the show found the "right" fit. All IMO
Exactly, great posting

Back to top Go down

Post by BachelorBabe512 Thu May 18, 2017 11:51 am

@ReneeM IA Rachel won't be able to please everyone. If she had answered the question by saying I don't know, plenty of people would find fault with that too considering she's the first. It's a hard line to toe, trying to represent yourself as an individual while people are seeing you as a representative for an entire group. JMO

BachelorBabe512

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu May 18, 2017 11:55 am

Wut?! hissyfit

RealitySteve @RealitySteve
Here's one note about the first episode I didn't share today: none of Rachel's final 4 have intro videos. Don't think that's ever happened.

LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 21 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 50 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

+57
kimberlyg
sweeti810
gurlbrit
Mia_Leoni
SueSt
maya213
Bullwinkle
Rosepetal
Hotmomma
AllAboutLove
nutty1