SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #24

Page 8 of 79 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 43 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #24 - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #24

Post by Billysmom Tue May 30, 2017 1:40 pm

Looking at some of the pics showing store signage etc reminds my why Nick might take a while to come around to the idea of living in Canada.... if he is anything like me and does not speak a word of French, it can put one at a slight disadvantage (though I suspect google will become his friend!!). Vanessa is luckier in this regard, being trilingual. I actually happen to work in a heavily Asian neighborhood, which is very diverse and very up and coming right now (condos worth $1M sprouting up everywhere), but I cannot tell you what a relief it is when I recognize a Dunkin Donuts or a Burger King.... otherwise everything for blocks is in Mandarin... great for the resident families, but tougher on this aging anglo who until recently counted herself lucky to remember a little hs Spanish, laugh out loud.....  World sure is getting smaller, kids really need to know a second or even a third tongue, jmo
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #24 - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #24

Post by sdmom Tue May 30, 2017 1:50 pm

@Billysmom your post is very interesting. Mandarin is my primary language. Even though when I see all the Chinese signs I feel right at home here, I can totally understand why some would feel strange or even a bit uncomfortable. I love Montreal and its multi language, multi culture. It's fun to visit but I don't know how I will feel to live there permanently. I already have problem with English and to think I have to learn another language ! Anyway, to be bilingual or multilingual is definitely an advantage. All Jmo.
Back to Nick and Vanessa: I am sure they will find a way for living situation that will work best for them. Like Nick's dad so wisely said, love requires sacrifice and commitment.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates Tue May 30, 2017 2:47 pm

sdmom wrote:@Billysmom your post is very interesting. Mandarin is my primary language. Even though when I see all the Chinese signs I feel right at home here, I can totally understand why some would feel strange or even a bit uncomfortable. I love Montreal and its multi language, multi culture. It's fun to visit but I don't know how I will feel to live there permanently. I already have problem with English and to think I have to learn another language ! Anyway, to be bilingual or multilingual is definitely an advantage. All Jmo.
Back to Nick and Vanessa: I am sure they will find a way for living situation that will work best for them. Like Nick's dad so wisely said, love requires sacrifice and commitment.

I actually live in Toronto, I have gone to Montreal quite a few times...Montreal is very bilingual and also multi-lingual as well (due to its multi-cultural environment) unlike some parts of Quebec, I can't imagine how hard it is for Nick to adapt to the environment...people who live there are not hesitant to learn and speak English unlike other countries or other places (some non-English speaking people may still try their best to communicate in English with them even though they don't know much about the language)...it is easy to move around and still be comfortable being English speaking only...although you can probably learn French pretty quickly once you have stayed there longer...I have also seen some countries in Europe whose people do not necessarily speak English, but yet are very accommodating and friendly in trying to communicate with English speaking people...I think that really say a lot on the personalities of the people living in those particular countries...they are more accepting in terms of other cultures...

The Chinese people in most cases are always predominantly visible in most countries, thus there will always be Chinatown in most countries...if I am right, I think, they tend to become tourist spots as well...it is just a matter of getting adjusted and being used to it...
Skates
Skates

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Tue May 30, 2017 7:39 pm

Does anyone know how long Nick is staying in Montreal with Vanessa?

Edit: Did you guys see V's IG post? That dog sure loves Nick. Too funny laugh out loud
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Tue May 30, 2017 8:05 pm

L A'‏ @douJEsors · 2h2 hours ago  
K sooooo, my mom and her coworkers just met @viallnicholas28 at Mackay centre.

ETA

I think this is it:

http://www.emsb.qc.ca/mackay/
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue May 30, 2017 8:10 pm

Cila51290 wrote:Does anyone know how long Nick is staying in Montreal with Vanessa?

Edit: Did you guys see V's IG post? That dog sure loves Nick. Too funny laugh out loud

Is that dig male or female?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Tue May 30, 2017 8:31 pm

Cila51290 wrote:Does anyone know how long Nick is staying in Montreal with Vanessa?

giggling  I recognize the child gate at the stairwell.  They are at Mel's house.

V said, I think, she was planning a 3 week stay.  Nick nor Vanessa, to my knowledge, ever mentioned his length of stay.

sbolduc wrote:L A'‏ @douJEsors · 2h2 hours ago  
K sooooo, my mom and her coworkers just met @viallnicholas28 at Mackay centre.

ETA

I think this is it:

http://www.emsb.qc.ca/mackay/

yes
http://globalnews.ca/news/3490471/the-bachelors-vanessa-grimaldi-visits-special-needs-students-in-montreal/

Love that the above is under the heading "education". Great foundation promo Smiley

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by happydays Tue May 30, 2017 9:18 pm

New ig post with couple on Laura casalla's ig

happydays

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Tue May 30, 2017 9:19 pm

Sheokaf wrote:I saw her IG post. Something is wrong with a person who won't show a dog some affection. JMO

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #24 - Page 8 18096519_1321394844580200_5614457386216456192_n
nickviallMy meditation. Thanks for the free cuddles @foundanimals : @MaceyJForonda
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTU08GbB9IE/?taken-by=nickviall&hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTVU0dfh_Fh/?taken-by=foundanimals&hl=en
Billysmom
Billysmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Tue May 30, 2017 9:20 pm

happydays wrote:New ig post with couple on Laura casalla's ig

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #24 - Page 8 18722925_1455770561111182_5890759160718426112_n
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUvBdntAHvG/?taken-by=laura_casella&hl=en
Billysmom
Billysmom

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue May 30, 2017 9:22 pm

Sheokaf wrote:I saw her IG post. Something is wrong with a person who won't show a dog some affection. JMO

Sorry I am not a dog person so sometime I don't know what to do when a dog is too close to me. Some of my friends are the same, so I understand why not everyone shows dogs, or other kind of pets, affections all the time.
jmo

sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Tue May 30, 2017 9:50 pm

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #24 - Page 8 Image85
https://mobile.twitter.com/Canada_Zone/status/869708027649306625

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 79 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 43 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #24

+50
Jane781
Rolly
kmick0890
LeapofFaith
docnash14